Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How would you end your job after You win the powerball this week.

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 9 years ago by bigato1010.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
Member #4121
March 23, 2004
817 Posts
Posted: March 10, 2008, 9:28 am - IP Logged

This is a question for those people who doesn't like their boss or job.

How would you end your job after You win the powerball this week?

After checking the ticket a thousand times and putting the signed ticket in a bank safety box.

I would ask for a unreasonable raise which I think would be turned down. Then he would say maybe you should look for a higher paying job.  I reply "maybe I should" and give my 2 week notice.  So I pretend to look unhappy during the last 2 weeks at work, while my heart is jumping for joy.  I use this time to plan for my future.

At the end of my last two weeks my Boss would ask me to reconsider. I would reply "sorry I made up my mind".  He laughs at me and wishes my best wishes in umemployment.  We shake hands and say our good byes.

One month later My Boss turns on the TV and lo and behold sees me on the News with a powerball check on my hands.  He is speechless and regrets. 

Next day I send  wines and gifts to the office.   

Ok time to wake up!@!!!! lol

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
    mn
    United States
    Member #59040
    March 4, 2008
    276 Posts
    Posted: March 10, 2008, 9:35 am - IP Logged

After checking the ticket a thousand times and putting the signed ticket in a bank safety box.

I would ask for a unreasonable raise which I think would be turned down. Then he would say maybe you should look for a higher paying job.  I reply "maybe I should" and give my 2 week notice.  So I pretend to look unhappy during the last 2 weeks at work, while my heart is jumping for joy.  I use this time to plan for my future.

At the end of my last two weeks my Boss would ask me to reconsider. I would reply "sorry I made up my mind".  He laughs at me and wishes my best wishes in umemployment.  We shake hands and say our good byes.

One month later My Boss turns on the TV and lo and behold sees me on the News with a powerball check on my hands.  He is speechless and regrets. 

Don't know. I really don't like my job, but my boss is tolerable, so i'll stay till the end of the next show (Theatre), then ill leave, wont even say anything Ill just leave.

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #46570
      September 14, 2006
      558 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2008, 9:40 am - IP Logged

Why even bother going through all that ?!? You shouldn't feel obligated to stay because of perhaps any guilty feelings you may have leaving early. If they were to let you go, they don't give you any notice and thats your last day. Remember, your rich now and I'd use those 2 weeks and go on vacation! I would just say to my boss... today will be my last day due to personal reasons and that would be it. Or you could do it a different way and say you need to take a leave of absence, and just never return. Less pressure that way if you prefer. If anyone asks why your leaving, you just say for personal reasons and that's all they need to know and you dont have to elaborate or give any reasons.

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

grengrad's avatar - nw rogue.jpg
        Raleigh
        United States
        Member #49057
        January 17, 2007
        172 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2008, 10:16 am - IP Logged

I like the people I work with and would not want to add burden to their lives by quiting quickly.

Since my roll here is pretty detailed, I would need to give a 4 week notice.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1953 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2008, 10:22 am - IP Logged

I would quit the next day.

Gonna win.Big Smile

One2Adore's avatar - butterfly2
            Maryland
            United States
            Member #50566
            March 8, 2007
            88 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2008, 11:57 am - IP Logged

Me and my coworker play PB together in the hopes of being able to tell our boss that we quit.  We have visions of doing it in an unlady-like way, however.  LOL.   TBH, we'd both give a two weeks notice, but it would be the hardest and longest two weeks ever.  Knowing at the end of it is wealth, comfort and most of all security.  How nice would that be?  Aaaahhhh...  Smile 

Does anyone else think that the best part of playing the lottery, other than winning, is the "what if's" you go through in your head or with your spouse, etc.?  I love the planning of what I would do if I won.  Which most of it would probably go right out the window if I did win.  LOL

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: March 10, 2008, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

I would quit the next day.

Haha! So would I!

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
                Member #22980
                October 5, 2005
                23 Posts
                Posted: March 10, 2008, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

I would take it as a great opportunity to try and get fired.  nothing malicious, just a whole bunch of ridiculous actions and such.  It would be fun to see how much you could get away with.  start small with like really smelly elaborate lunches in the workplace, and then build up to... i dunno ... wearing scuba gear to work.....to who knows...

oh the smug satisfaction would be great.  Plus it'd give your coworkers great stories for the rest of their days at that job.

One2Adore's avatar - butterfly2
                  Maryland
                  United States
                  Member #50566
                  March 8, 2007
                  88 Posts
                  Posted: March 10, 2008, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

I would take it as a great opportunity to try and get fired.  nothing malicious, just a whole bunch of ridiculous actions and such.  It would be fun to see how much you could get away with.  start small with like really smelly elaborate lunches in the workplace, and then build up to... i dunno ... wearing scuba gear to work.....to who knows...

oh the smug satisfaction would be great.  Plus it'd give your coworkers great stories for the rest of their days at that job.

That would be hilarious!!  Green laugh The scuba gear.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                    Charlotte NC
                    United States
                    Member #17406
                    June 18, 2005
                    4053 Posts
                    Posted: March 10, 2008, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

takeemtothebank

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                      Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #56506
                      November 21, 2007
                      6537 Posts
                      Posted: March 10, 2008, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Haha! I like that Tenaj! Green laugh

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
                        Florida
                        United States
                        Member #46570
                        September 14, 2006
                        558 Posts
                        Posted: March 10, 2008, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

You could bring in a seabass and cut it up at your desk like in the movie Office Space ..that would stink up the place nicely.Thud  ...

And when your ready to go for the day, and your boss asks where your going, you can tell him/her that your going home for the rest of the day to take a nap.

That would be so sweet.

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

JAP69's avatar - alas
                          South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #6
                          November 4, 2001
                          8790 Posts
                          Posted: March 10, 2008, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

start small with like really smelly elaborate lunches in the workplace.

Yeah like the guy brings to lunch for the t.v. commercial for his oddball food show.

Extreme foods or something like that. On one of the cable channels.

ROFL

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: March 10, 2008, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

I couldn't not imagine giving up my career.  I do what I love, and Love what I do... !!!

However, the businesses we run will need to hit the road....

There are too many nuts I wouldn't want to have to deal with there. 

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Kidzmom's avatar - cold
                              NC
                              United States
                              Member #11741
                              February 23, 2005
                              1233 Posts
                              Posted: March 10, 2008, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

I actually like my bosses a lot!  Since they got rid of the old Director, its been very nice and peaceful at work..lol..  Winning the Powerball would make it impossible for me to keep my job though because working with 100+ employees......98women and 2 men....women in the hospital are very catty!  so no I would give 2weeks notice and leave.