Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How would you end your job after You win the powerball this week.

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 9 years ago by bigato1010.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Fort Stewart Georgia
United States
Member #57297
December 31, 2007
18 Posts
Posted: March 10, 2008, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

I have planned on buying me some assless chaps, making it much easier for the obvious. I would like to be able to say "kiss my a@@". Horrible job...horrible boss. That would be the highlight of my LIFE....so much pleasure I would get..and the assless chaps would be PRICELESS...

Nirvona Big Smile

Gypsy320's avatar - lady narrisa.png
    N.E. Ohio
    United States
    Member #58841
    February 27, 2008
    88 Posts
    Posted: March 10, 2008, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

ROFLLOL

Litebets27's avatar - power
      Maryland
      United States
      Member #10465
      January 14, 2005
      6065 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2008, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

This is a question for those people who doesn't like their boss or job.

How would you end your job after You win the powerball this week?

After checking the ticket a thousand times and putting the signed ticket in a bank safety box.

I would ask for a unreasonable raise which I think would be turned down. Then he would say maybe you should look for a higher paying job.  I reply "maybe I should" and give my 2 week notice.  So I pretend to look unhappy during the last 2 weeks at work, while my heart is jumping for joy.  I use this time to plan for my future.

At the end of my last two weeks my Boss would ask me to reconsider. I would reply "sorry I made up my mind".  He laughs at me and wishes my best wishes in umemployment.  We shake hands and say our good byes.

One month later My Boss turns on the TV and lo and behold sees me on the News with a powerball check on my hands.  He is speechless and regrets. 

Next day I send  wines and gifts to the office.   

Ok time to wake up!@!!!! lol

Great strategy!!!

Good luck with that.

litebets

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

United States
        Member #57372
        January 2, 2008
        10 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2008, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

It would certainly take a lot for me to resist the urge to recreate my favorite lottery commercial ever (from Sweden -- search for "Snälla Åke" on Youtube)

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
          Florida
          United States
          Member #46570
          September 14, 2006
          558 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2008, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

It would certainly take a lot for me to resist the urge to recreate my favorite lottery commercial ever (from Sweden -- search for "Snälla Åke" on Youtube)

HERE IT IS ( THE UTUBE CLIP YOU WERE REFERING TO ) Smile....  http://www.roliga-klipp.nu/2007/11/18/snalla-ake-lotto/

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

Morrison, IL
            United States
            Member #4657
            May 13, 2004
            1884 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2008, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

I would take it as a great opportunity to try and get fired.  nothing malicious, just a whole bunch of ridiculous actions and such.  It would be fun to see how much you could get away with.  start small with like really smelly elaborate lunches in the workplace, and then build up to... i dunno ... wearing scuba gear to work.....to who knows...

oh the smug satisfaction would be great.  Plus it'd give your coworkers great stories for the rest of their days at that job.

LOL Maybe I should do that if I win Powerball or Mega Millions!!  It would be just like the movie Freddy Got Fingered.

---

One2Adore's avatar - butterfly2
              Maryland
              United States
              Member #50566
              March 8, 2007
              88 Posts
              Posted: March 10, 2008, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

That's EXACTLY what my coworker and I joke about doing.  LMAO!!  We call the day we win the lottery the KMA day.

*Kiss My @ss Day*

Belle Fourche , South Dakota
                United States
                Member #25019
                October 30, 2005
                17 Posts
                Posted: March 10, 2008, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Sure there is many ways one wishs to say I quit ! Smelly foods , bare ass chaps , the morning constitutional on the bosses desk ,  a long email  to all on the corp email list or web blog , Johnny Pay Check " take this job and shove it " or just showing up to work ...mill around ..till coffe ...them break out the donute's and champane ...make a toast and say your goodbuys . It doesn't matter how but do it with flare ( memories are worth a thousand words ) and make those that you have  bitter fellings; crindge , if by your actions or a parting speach as to ----good luck have a good life and hope your still  with company in a year ( or stuck ) with the company for however long...  or is it best for you to let it  slide and and save face and have a better personality to just to walk away quitely ... with enough said by not saying anything knowing that those left behind are suffuring enough knowing you have won and wanted to say something demeaning but didn,t and they are  stuck still having to work.  Take the class act out , shake hands with all . say your goodbys  , good luck and leave on a good note regardless , other wise ...on a bad note word gets around and you can get trashed for what you may of said or done regardless of your winnings . Be a class act --those who dumped on you will  ---what goes around comes around and they will fell the regret as to the way they had you treated you. MMM they probly arn't in your top  twenty on your cell anyway! Have  CLASS ! People will remember you best for that!Blue Angel after words Party and be smilling and watching the sun set .

United States
                  Member #25019
                  October 30, 2005
                  17 Posts
                  Posted: March 10, 2008, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

More thoughts to this subject : take a even bigger and classier act --- invite all your coworkers regardles of pass work relations ( people are or seems differnt out of the work place  -- office politics BS )  out for supper and leave a very good and lasting empression on them about you ! Those who don't show , that tells it there ; and you don't need to feel for them ...leave on a good note ...enough is said with out having to be  said...

United States
                    Member #25019
                    October 30, 2005
                    17 Posts
                    Posted: March 10, 2008, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

One more note : Not only leave work as a "CLASS ACT " but also with your new found wealth :

1. Be wise - invest for the future  

2. Family and Friends - help , keep close , love and keep dear in and active in your life !

3. " Pay it Forward "

4. " The Bucket List "

5. Have fun but don't forget how it was before your new found wealth came to you !

United States
                      Member #26330
                      November 16, 2005
                      330 Posts
                      Posted: March 11, 2008, 12:27 am - IP Logged

If the jackpot was small and I could avoid publicity.  I would throw a small party for some friends, anyone who likes mexican food and tequila!,  at my fayorite mexican food place/bar.  Then I would finish the week if I won on a Wed.  If I won on a Sat. I would call in sick Monday and never retern.  I generally like my job,  but not my boss,  so I might go in after calling in sick ie:RICH for ONE day.  Just knowing I would get fired because I've never been fired.  I would love to hear my bosses lecture on how I was a good employee but I took too many sick days or vacation days.    Then give my bosses a totally weird reaction laughterROFL  then thanking them and do something funny to give my co-workers something to talk about in the breakroom.   Perhaps do something really crazy if my win is big enough like leaving a  100 dollar bill on my co-workers desks.  After that,  hopefully they will just talk about that crazy person who quit and vanished and how they got a hundred bucks on there desk.   Also that weird post card they keep getting with no return addresses from various beach resorts!! LOL

Fayetteville, Arkansas
                        United States
                        Member #58962
                        March 2, 2008
                        29 Posts
                        Posted: March 11, 2008, 1:14 am - IP Logged

There are some great ideas here.

My job is a dead-end job with no chance for advancement and little chance of even a raise. I make next to nothing. I'm so over-qualified it's laughable. My boss loves me; but the owner of the business is a micromanager, a skinflint and an abuser of his employees. Thank goodness that in the eight months I've worked here, I have yet to meet him; may that "pleasure" be prolonged indefinitely.

I would love to make an unforgettable exit, something they would talk about for years to come. But I wouldn't. All my decisions after a big win would be shaped by the necessity of remaining anonymous; and, if that necessitated keeping my job for awhile, then so be it. When I finally did quit, it would be in such a manner that it would appear a completely ordinary event.

But some of those ideas are pretty good. :) I can still dream about doing them.

The balls have no memory.

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                          Member #24380
                          October 21, 2005
                          623 Posts
                          Posted: March 11, 2008, 2:02 am - IP Logged

Haha! I like that Tenaj! Green laugh

And they mistakenly read their ticket wrong!  That that would be the cake, icing, and the mixer too!

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                            Member #24380
                            October 21, 2005
                            623 Posts
                            Posted: March 11, 2008, 2:13 am - IP Logged

And they mistakenly read their ticket wrong!  That that would be the cake, icing, and the mixer too!

I have worked at a job with absolutely unbearable bosses.  Low down dirty and unbearable, but I suffered through them and still got my promotions (Over-worked and underpaid of course).  On those jobs, the bosses prided themselves on harassing us because they thought we would put up with the insults because of the good benefits and pay.  I would orchestrate an April Fool's Day Party:

1. I would start the same type company and be the "new competition" unbeknowst to my company.  It would be up and running quite successfully when the April Fool's Party was launched. 
                            2. Plan to hire all my fellow co-workers who were victims of abuse as well.
                            3. Then on the day of the party, all of us who are leaving the company turn in our two week's notice.
                            4. On the exit interview, if they want one, simply say, You can not keep a good man down by abuse, you do not earn loyalty by abuse.  I am going where I am appreciated and not abuse.  Best wishes!
                              djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                              Portland,Oregon
                              United States
                              Member #14387
                              April 25, 2005
                              229 Posts
                              Posted: March 11, 2008, 2:16 am - IP Logged

I've been in my job for 19 1/2 years and while I still love the work I do and my immediate colleagues, the company has not improved during that time - if a corporation can be nutz this one sure is.  After that length of time I would not quit but I would retire .... LOL I have almost 5 months of back leave time that got put into a disability-like time off savings plan (they changed the way time off was accrued about 8 years ago and were going to just delete all saved up time off but there was such an out cry from employees and unions they had to back down) and now when a long time employee retires they can use that "old" time off as leave time.  So I'd first call Human Resources and tell them I was retiring and arrange to start my retirement vacation (LOL - does that sound redundant?) ASAP.  So I'd have 5 months (getting paid at my current wage) to get financial and legal advise, plan my investments,  get my house ready to sell, pack things away, look for a new home, etc. About half way through this time off I'd go collect my winnings and fax a copy of an old Far Side cartoon that I've had on my bulletin board for a long time to my colleagues and supervisor (it has a guy in a Hawaiian shirt, lounging in a hammock that's strung between 2 desks and he's strumming a ukulele. In the background coworkers are looking scandalized and a very angry looking boss is standing in the door way. It says something like "Joe was waiting for Mr Feeney to arrive to tell him he'd just won the $7,000,000 jackpot" - of course I'd edit the cartoon to reflect how much I actually won and change the employee name to mine and the boss's name to my boss's name).   And after collecting my winnings and getting the $$$ deposited and all the financial details settled, I'd take off for the rest of my "vacation" to a spa/resort some place warm, sunny, by the ocean and just hang out for a while.    Then since I have to go back for one day after this "vacation" before being officially retired I'd go back with a good bye letter already to send out over email telling the corporation exactly where I think they've gone wrong ;)  which I'd send just before I walked out the door .... to go to my good bye party.   And during that last day I would go around to friends and give them each an envelop with a bit of a surprise in it :) Particularly I'd do that for support staff who rarely get thanks for the difficult jobs they do. 

Aaaahhhhh I do so love this fantasy Sun Smiley     

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison