Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How would you end your job after You win the powerball this week.

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 9 years ago by bigato1010.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2008, 2:23 am - IP Logged

Well being I am self-employed doing what I love to do, I would simply use the funds to open more avenues of opportunity and work less. However in the past when I worked as a wage-slave, I would have bought the company and fired the boss. That is the really bad boss, and teach them a thing or two about karma. What goes around comes around.

Bagent's avatar - avatar 10424.gif
    Vancouver, WA
    United States
    Member #53665
    July 15, 2007
    151 Posts
    Posted: March 11, 2008, 6:03 am - IP Logged

I have to say that I have never really given this topic much thought since I started working where I am now.  At the last job, I had so many different ways to quit that I couldn't decide what I wanted to do.

With this boss, I have to say that I like the people and the job that I do here and the boss too.  I would have to think long and hard about how I wanted to leave.  Since I am a supervisor I also have to think of the morale of the rest of the crew on the shift.

I guess I would come in to work and tell him straight off that I was quitting and that he would have to find a replacement for me.  With the budget cuts that the main office is making in all departments, I doubt that there will be offers to raise my pay or whatever to keep me from quitting.  Knowing the boss, he will find out immediately from my facial expression that something is going on.

I would turn in the two week notice and continue to work like I always have.  Once the 2 weeks are up, bye bye is all I will have to say. When I leave that last day, I will be heading to the airport and off to a MUCH needed and deserved vacation with the family.

sfilippo's avatar - skull
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #33770
      February 24, 2006
      3146 Posts
      Posted: March 11, 2008, 6:49 am - IP Logged

Just prior to claiming the winning ticket, I would have a private chat with the owner of the company and ask him what he would do if he were in my shoes.

Smiley Steve

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
        Member #33588
        February 22, 2006
        2068 Posts
        Posted: March 11, 2008, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Hey tenaj what on earth did you get this cartoon picture from  ? well i like to laugh so guess what i am doing laughing lol.

NASHVILLE, TENN
          United States
          Member #33372
          February 20, 2006
          1044 Posts
          Posted: March 11, 2008, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

If I won PB I would go find myself a job just for the pleasure of quiting.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
            Charlotte NC
            United States
            Member #17406
            June 18, 2005
            4053 Posts
            Posted: March 11, 2008, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Hey tenaj what on earth did you get this cartoon picture from  ? well i like to laugh so guess what i am doing laughing lol.

bigato1010, I got this from photobucket.   

takeemtothebank

JAP69's avatar - alas
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #6
              November 4, 2001
              8790 Posts
              Posted: March 11, 2008, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

I know jobs are scarce at times but if I had a bad boss who jumped and rode me I would not need the lottery to quit.

The only notice that boss would get is a knuckle sandwich.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                Harbinger
                D.C./MD.
                United States
                Member #44103
                July 30, 2006
                5583 Posts
                Posted: March 11, 2008, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

My current manager is someone I've known for over 20 years, I used to help him when he was in the field and I was in corporate, needless to say I would call him and ask him whats up? And tell him I P'offd a client with some very strong language and I was turning in my resignation, then I would wait for a response.  Then I'd say "NOT!  I gotta take off some time, by the way how much do you owe on that house?......................"  I also would give two weeks. It is only reasonable to say good bye to everybody and tie up loose ends.  Something about burning bridges..

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
                  Member #33588
                  February 22, 2006
                  2068 Posts
                  Posted: March 12, 2008, 12:52 am - IP Logged

I love my job but will quit and be my own boss.Will travel all over the world.