Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scratcher tricks to success

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Instyle.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Missouri
United States
Member #60136
April 6, 2008
6 Posts
Posted: April 21, 2008, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

That's too bad, I noticed for a time that the winners seem to be in St. Louis, as did other folks who wrote to the lottery office about it. Now, there seems to be a bit of balance.

Recently, 3 folks split a million dollar ticket in Independence, so that's saying something. Someone just won the 4 million grand prize in Branson, and they weren't over the age of 60, again, that's something.

If you've noticed that the winners are coming in a concentrated area, speak up! I do hope the lottery in NC gets a clue. I'm happy to see others win, and yes, I want a fair chance just like you. Good luck!

Franklassgirl30's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    North Carolina
    United States
    Member #42922
    July 10, 2006
    68 Posts
    Posted: April 23, 2008, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

That's too bad, I noticed for a time that the winners seem to be in St. Louis, as did other folks who wrote to the lottery office about it. Now, there seems to be a bit of balance.

Recently, 3 folks split a million dollar ticket in Independence, so that's saying something. Someone just won the 4 million grand prize in Branson, and they weren't over the age of 60, again, that's something.

If you've noticed that the winners are coming in a concentrated area, speak up! I do hope the lottery in NC gets a clue. I'm happy to see others win, and yes, I want a fair chance just like you. Good luck!

I emailed NC lottery before, and asked them if they knew where they send the most winning tickets.  They said no, "The tickets are mailed at random".  Which means, they don't have a clue to where they are being sent.  I just don't believe that!!!Confused

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
      Member #4121
      March 23, 2004
      817 Posts
      Posted: April 23, 2008, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the luck! Yes, the $20 are costly, I buy one at a time, and like you, I stick to the $5 and $10 tickets, though the 10 are my favorites, I tend to buy two at a time.

Someone in my State won the 4 mil on the 20 ticket, so that leaves just two of the 4 mil jackpots, but I'll take a million! Smile

Ouch today.  I bought 2/$20 tickets and they were losers.  I thought about buying another but decided to pass.  I can't imagine the feeling winning $5 million from a $20 ticket.  I hope I win. 

MysteryMan424's avatar - batman22
        Pelham NY
        United States
        Member #60411
        April 16, 2008
        169 Posts
        Posted: April 23, 2008, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

I don't buy scratch offs, but I observed a couple of things : some players check the three digit number at the bottom right corner of the ticket and only purchase if the number is within a specific range. I also heard that tickets that were torn at the perforation and have a piece of the previous ticket on it are considered good luck. I think most scratch off players are superstious and they are basicially trying to find a needle in a haystack. Bottom line is they are the lottery's bread and butter. As far as randomness goes A company prints millions of tickets, covers them with nylon, and they are distributed state wide. There's probably a pattern as to where the majority of jackpot winners show up repeatedly, but I wouldn't invest any money to find out.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
          A long and winding road
          United States
          Member #17084
          June 10, 2005
          4582 Posts
          Posted: April 23, 2008, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

Illogic reasoning runs rampant in my work town. About two weeks back a customer walks into a store, buys 1 $20 scratcher and hits for 250,000$. Word gets out and folks flock to various stores around the area to specifically buy THAT particular game. Why is this illogical? First off, geographically speaking its rare that TWO LARGE WINS from that series would hit in the same area. Duh! Secondly, if someone hit it, you aint gonna. Its that simple. No math required, just common sense.

Later that day after going to the one store I buy my weekly tickets, I asked the guy, Is it true you got wiped out of the $20.00 ones that someone hit on? He grinned ad said, yup and not a one came in to claim anything over 100$. Go figure. In which I replied, I did figure, thats why I didnt go on the craze bus and even touch that series. There was only Three high amounts like that in the state and lightening doesnt strike in this town twice.  To those who do get consecutive hitting tickets, be the pusher as I call it and be the one who buys 15 of that series and not get a dern hit. Been there and can tell you the ratio of losers is always greater.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5541
            North Carolina
            United States
            Member #59855
            March 29, 2008
            31963 Posts
            Posted: May 12, 2008, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

I don't buy scratch offs, but I observed a couple of things : some players check the three digit number at the bottom right corner of the ticket and only purchase if the number is within a specific range. I also heard that tickets that were torn at the perforation and have a piece of the previous ticket on it are considered good luck. I think most scratch off players are superstious and they are basicially trying to find a needle in a haystack. Bottom line is they are the lottery's bread and butter. As far as randomness goes A company prints millions of tickets, covers them with nylon, and they are distributed state wide. There's probably a pattern as to where the majority of jackpot winners show up repeatedly, but I wouldn't invest any money to find out.

We have a relatively new $10 card called cash spectacular in NC and I have bought many of them.  My favorite no. at the bottom of the card was 014 as I have won $100 3 times with that no. and $50 twice but the luck did not hold out as I have bought at least 3 of that no. and have won nothing. 

I had kept a record of all of the numbers at the bottom of the card and what I had won with them and soon I realized it had absolutely nothing to do with it as I started losing with those same numbers as I had previously won with.

As for the white line at the top of the card.....I have won with them and lost with them so don't think that has anything to do with it. 

I have come to the conclusion that you can't outsmart the lottery in scratch offs or the lottery tickets either as I play pick 3 and cash 5 and have won some and lost a lot but the ones I won with were always quick picks.

Sunny California
              United States
              Member #40295
              May 31, 2006
              7713 Posts
              Posted: May 18, 2008, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Vergie said,"As for the white line at the top of the card.....I have won with them and lost with them so don't think that has anything to do with it."

This is true. My friend at the liquor store told me to buy the ones around the white line because those are the winners. Sometimes they are,sometimes not. Really don't play anymore but some very good tips here!  Can't believe back in 1989 when I used to sell tickets there was ONE game at a time and I had to stamp the name of the store on the back of EACH ticket cuz you could only cash it in at the store you bought it from. Scratchoffs have come a long way but I still can't believe some of these prices they charge for tickets. I was flabbergasted at the $3.00 ticket and now you guys are talking about $20! Wow.

Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5541
                North Carolina
                United States
                Member #59855
                March 29, 2008
                31963 Posts
                Posted: May 19, 2008, 8:20 am - IP Logged

Vergie said,"As for the white line at the top of the card.....I have won with them and lost with them so don't think that has anything to do with it."

This is true. My friend at the liquor store told me to buy the ones around the white line because those are the winners. Sometimes they are,sometimes not. Really don't play anymore but some very good tips here!  Can't believe back in 1989 when I used to sell tickets there was ONE game at a time and I had to stamp the name of the store on the back of EACH ticket cuz you could only cash it in at the store you bought it from. Scratchoffs have come a long way but I still can't believe some of these prices they charge for tickets. I was flabbergasted at the $3.00 ticket and now you guys are talking about $20! Wow.

Yes the tickets for scratch have really gone up.  Yesterday for the first time in a long time after I bought my pick 3 tickets I bought some $2 tickets and a $3 bingo ticket and won $30 on one of the $2 ones and $3 on one and $3 on another one for a total of $36 and I was thrilled.......the two dollar ticket was called speedway and if you got a picture of a car you instantly won $10 and I got 3 of them on one card....almost fainted..........but was thrilled....I'm sick with a sinus infection and should not have even gone out but come hell or high water I have to get my pick 3 tickets......that's how bad off I am with them......lol

Instyle's avatar - Lottery-044.jpg

United States
                  Member #55821
                  October 21, 2007
                  163 Posts
                  Posted: May 19, 2008, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Good for you.  Don't believe it.   I notice the same thing in Georgia.   But believe it or not I read where in one state not only do they keep track of the roll a big win ticket is in but also where it goes.   I read the article on this website.  But I can't remember the state.  I do believe that all states have the same basic rules.  So yeah, nc knows, not only what roll but also where it goes.   I wrote the ga lottery comms. about the same thing.  All big winning tickets were in the same area.   It was unbelievable!!!!!! I wish I had time to tell you how i researched the info and found out for a fact, but i got to go.   But don't ever doubt yourself, when you think something is wrong.........  it may be you are right and they hope no one else will notice.     Good day