Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 8:41 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

prediction board

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

do you ever post predictions on the prediction board here on lottery post?

i do every day [ 10 ]  [19.23%]
i do a few times a week [ 6 ]  [11.54%]
i do it once or twice a week [ 2 ]  [3.85%]
i do it a few times through the month [ 4 ]  [7.69%]
i do it a few times through the year [ 7 ]  [13.46%]
i have in the past but don't anymore [ 8 ]  [15.38%]
i've never posted a prediction here [ 15 ]  [28.85%]
Total Valid Votes [ 52 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2008, 2:31 am - IP Logged

do you use the prediction board?

if so how often?

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
    Member #24380
    October 21, 2005
    623 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2008, 2:41 am - IP Logged

I do not know how to predict numbers, just when the big jackpots will be won.  For instance, I knew this PB would be the max rollover before another rollover(and I am not winning it---LOL.  So, I have learned to wait 'til the BWB ((Big Winning Bug))  bites me .  The bug is about extinct, but is still around I see.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2008, 3:11 am - IP Logged

I've used it a couple of times, but I real don't use it that often.   

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        CA
        United States
        Member #57222
        December 23, 2007
        587 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2008, 8:38 am - IP Logged

I looked at it a couple of times too.  But until I find the true "psychic" who has 100% accuracy with  ONE set of numbers, I won't even consider using it.

When I look at the page  I see predictions with 15, 20 sometimes 30 different sets of numbers.  Who can play that many everyday, twice a day or even for lotto twice a week?  Maybe a set wins, maybe not.  So the winnings seems to be still attributed to luck.

No offense to the predictors.

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
          West Side of Sunny Florida
          United States
          Member #55048
          September 8, 2007
          3371 Posts
          Posted: March 20, 2008, 9:28 am - IP Logged

I looked at it a couple of times too.  But until I find the true "psychic" who has 100% accuracy with  ONE set of numbers, I won't even consider using it.

When I look at the page  I see predictions with 15, 20 sometimes 30 different sets of numbers.  Who can play that many everyday, twice a day or even for lotto twice a week?  Maybe a set wins, maybe not.  So the winnings seems to be still attributed to luck.

I use it to post the numbers I actually play, but often can't get to the computer to post them EVERY day.  I do agree with Lottocalgal that putting 50 #"s doesn't make sense.  That is why I love it when I see someone on the forums post one number, or one SET for a jackpot game, and then hit!  That is the true art - post just one number/set and hit on that! That is my goal.

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19900 Posts
            Posted: March 20, 2008, 11:07 am - IP Logged

I use it to post the numbers I actually play, but often can't get to the computer to post them EVERY day.  I do agree with Lottocalgal that putting 50 #"s doesn't make sense.  That is why I love it when I see someone on the forums post one number, or one SET for a jackpot game, and then hit!  That is the true art - post just one number/set and hit on that! That is my goal.

"I love it when I see someone on the forums post one number, or one SET for a jackpot game, and then hit! "

When did you ever see that?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Cooljazzy54's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg
              New York
              United States
              Member #25285
              November 4, 2005
              18 Posts
              Posted: March 20, 2008, 11:16 am - IP Logged

I use the prediction board if the person has posted a number that I like and I feel is due.

I post my numbers first and then I check to see what others have.  I have missed some hits

because there are some many numbers to look through.  If a few members post the same

number I tend to gravitate towards that number.  I have not used it recently because the

NY numbers are  more unpredictable then usual.  I can't seem to connect with the pattern of

the numbers lately. 

Party

United States
                Member #58528
                February 18, 2008
                710 Posts
                Posted: March 20, 2008, 11:28 am - IP Logged

I agree.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23351 Posts
                  Posted: March 20, 2008, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

The question of "why do people post so many numbers?" has been answered so many times (by so many people) I could not even count.  Do you really not understand what people are doing when they post several numbers?  Do you actually think that people are saying to play all those numbers??

P.S. If I was one of the predictors your comment was aimed at, I must say I would be a bit offended, even with the addition of "no offense to the predictors" at the bottom.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23351 Posts
                    Posted: March 20, 2008, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

By the way, anyone who says that people who post a large set of numbers and also have a high hit ratio are more "lucky" than "skillfull" do not comprehend a stitch about odds and statistics. 

In a situation where two people have identical hit ratios, and one person picks 1 numbers a day while the other picks 50 numbers per day, both are of equal luck and/or skill.  There is absolutely no advantage of one over the other.

If this concept is odd or strange to you, then you also may be thrown by the question, "Which weighs more: a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?"

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                      Kunming
                      China
                      Member #57910
                      January 23, 2008
                      3626 Posts
                      Posted: March 20, 2008, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

First , I don't look at the predictions because no one is predicting for China.

Second, I think IF I was playing numbers in the USA maybe there should be a prediction for just 1 or 2 numbers to see who really is on target.

I think the average player that see's all those numbers are overwhelmed by the sheer numbers some members here post. For whatever purpose all those 15-50 numbers are posted, it makes the average serious player not even look at them after a short while.

Play to win!

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                        CA
                        United States
                        Member #57222
                        December 23, 2007
                        587 Posts
                        Posted: March 20, 2008, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

By the way, anyone who says that people who post a large set of numbers and also have a high hit ratio are more "lucky" than "skillfull" do not comprehend a stitch about odds and statistics. 

In a situation where two people have identical hit ratios, and one person picks 1 numbers a day while the other picks 50 numbers per day, both are of equal luck and/or skill.  There is absolutely no advantage of one over the other.

If this concept is odd or strange to you, then you also may be thrown by the question, "Which weighs more: a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?"

"Which weighs more: a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?"

Neither,  They are both a pound, however the pound of gold has a higher density.

Sorry I offended you Todd. I thought i was just answering a question.  Feel free to remove my response.

Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23351 Posts
                          Posted: March 20, 2008, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

"Which weighs more: a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?"

Neither,  They are both a pound, however the pound of gold has a higher density.

Sorry I offended you Todd. I thought i was just answering a question.  Feel free to remove my response.

I'm just expressing my opinion, as you have done.

Not sure why you'd want me to go deleting posts just because my opinion is different than yours.  Have I offered such a convincing argument that I have changed your mind?

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23351 Posts
                            Posted: March 20, 2008, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

First , I don't look at the predictions because no one is predicting for China.

Second, I think IF I was playing numbers in the USA maybe there should be a prediction for just 1 or 2 numbers to see who really is on target.

I think the average player that see's all those numbers are overwhelmed by the sheer numbers some members here post. For whatever purpose all those 15-50 numbers are posted, it makes the average serious player not even look at them after a short while.

You stated, "For whatever purpose all those 15-50 numbers are posted..."

So, if you don't understand the reason why someone would post 15-50 numbers, perhaps you should research the reason in the forums, as it has been explained numerous times.

If there are so many people doing it, wouldn't you think that perhaps there is a reason, and knowing the reason may in fact make you a better lottery player with more methods and tools at your disposal?

--  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  -- 

When people post these polls or threads from time to time, it exposes the fact that many people do not take the time to investigate why people post things the way they do.  It also exposes that several people think there is only one way to play the game, and that other methods they don't understand are wrong.

That way of thinking just doesn't make sense to me.

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
                              mississippi
                              United States
                              Member #34478
                              March 3, 2006
                              5906 Posts
                              Posted: March 20, 2008, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

Onlything I will say is this..some of you must not check the board that often like you say..because I do this on a regular basis..I believe it was 5 out of 7 days last week with 2 numbers..

lotterybrakerWisconsinDaily Pick 3Straight + 6-Way Box3-8-93-8-9$290

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"