Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

prediction board

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

do you ever post predictions on the prediction board here on lottery post?

i do every day [ 10 ]  [19.23%]
i do a few times a week [ 6 ]  [11.54%]
i do it once or twice a week [ 2 ]  [3.85%]
i do it a few times through the month [ 4 ]  [7.69%]
i do it a few times through the year [ 7 ]  [13.46%]
i have in the past but don't anymore [ 8 ]  [15.38%]
i've never posted a prediction here [ 15 ]  [28.85%]
Total Valid Votes [ 52 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19825 Posts
Posted: March 23, 2008, 11:00 am - IP Logged

"It is totally unfair for results to be compared and presented on the prediction board when targeted results are compared with hair brained multi state results where the poster has no clue for a positive outcome."

In my opinion, if the results of a winning system targeted for a particular game are no better than those of a hair brain multi-state prediction then that just prove the system is no better than picking combinations randomly.  I would expect a winning system or strategy to do better.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

reddog's avatar - patch
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    United States
    Member #1616
    June 5, 2003
    1285 Posts
    Posted: March 23, 2008, 11:48 am - IP Logged

I use the prediction board as a tool. Say I am brainstorming a pick 3 system for my state and try it out on the board. I will watch it and see how it does for the USA in general. I will watch to see if it benefits my State or someone elses State.

LottoVantage's avatar - BRITIS 3.GIF
      Southeastern Ohio
      United States
      Member #13850
      April 16, 2005
      783 Posts
      Posted: March 23, 2008, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

"It is totally unfair for results to be compared and presented on the prediction board when targeted results are compared with hair brained multi state results where the poster has no clue for a positive outcome."

In my opinion, if the results of a winning system targeted for a particular game are no better than those of a hair brain multi-state prediction then that just prove the system is no better than picking combinations randomly.  I would expect a winning system or strategy to do better.

In my opinion your comment regarding my "quoted statement" is totally off subject as usuall, RJoh, lol

I'm willing to agree with one thing you stated though, and that is;

"if the results of a winning system targeted for a particular game are no better than those of a hair brain multi-state prediction then that just prove the system is no better than picking combinations randomly".

Just curious, are you referring that my system is no better than pure random number picking?

If so, I'll challange you any day you choose in predicting the Ohio Rolling Cash 5.

Fair enough?

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
        Member #45970
        September 1, 2006
        4763 Posts
        Posted: March 23, 2008, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

Like a lot of others on here, I use the prediction board mainly as a tool. I use it to test new ideas, sometimes for one state and sometimes for all states. Mainly I really don't care how many "hits" I show at the end of the day, but rather, whether or not the hits I DID get resulted in a profit or not.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23261 Posts
          Posted: March 23, 2008, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Hey Shawn,

I see in your signature you have attributed a quote to Ronald Reagan, "Facts are stupid things".

Reagan was quoting a famous saying spoken in 1770 by John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

Reagan inserted the wrong word, which is something that happens to every human being from time to time.  He was trying to convey that the facts did not support what his adversaries were trying to convince people of.

Thought you might be interested to learn about this quote, and how a simple word mixup can lead to awful quotes when taken out of context.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

While we're on the subject, here are some quotes from Ronald Reagan that you might enjoy.  There is a very good reason why he is known as "The Great Communicator".

"No arsenal ... is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "

...and one of my favorites:

"The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would hire them away."

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
            Charlotte NC
            United States
            Member #17406
            June 18, 2005
            4053 Posts
            Posted: March 23, 2008, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

You've got to be careful quoting Ronald Reagan,because when you quote
            him accurately it's called mudslinging.-- Walter Mondale

takeemtothebank

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
              Member #45970
              September 1, 2006
              4763 Posts
              Posted: March 23, 2008, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the information Todd. Ronald Reagan was one of my favorite political figures of all time, and I was not aware of the history behind that quote. I like that quote, now even more so. The original reason why I chose that particular quote was because I think we all need to realize that just because someone else here (or anywhere else) tells us that somehing is impossible (factual), does not necessarily mean that it is impossible. Anything can be overcome if you want it bad enough and work hard enough at it.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23261 Posts
                Posted: March 23, 2008, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

You've got to be careful quoting Ronald Reagan,because when you quote
                him accurately it's called mudslinging.-- Walter Mondale

Mondale lost:  49 states to 1.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                  Charlotte NC
                  United States
                  Member #17406
                  June 18, 2005
                  4053 Posts
                  Posted: March 23, 2008, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Mondale lost:  49 states to 1.

What does that have to do with Reagan Quotes?

takeemtothebank

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19825 Posts
                    Posted: March 23, 2008, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

In my opinion your comment regarding my "quoted statement" is totally off subject as usuall, RJoh, lol

I'm willing to agree with one thing you stated though, and that is;

"if the results of a winning system targeted for a particular game are no better than those of a hair brain multi-state prediction then that just prove the system is no better than picking combinations randomly".

Just curious, are you referring that my system is no better than pure random number picking?

If so, I'll challange you any day you choose in predicting the Ohio Rolling Cash 5.

Fair enough?

I wasn't referring to yours or any other particular system, I was simply saying that any/all systems should be expected to do better than a bunch of hair brain multi-state predictions or they're not worth trying. 

Beating the normal odds of winning is the reason players use systems, is it not?   For Ohio Rolling Cash5 that would mean more than one win (2/5 or better) per 8.7 lines.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking