Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 5 games easy or not?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 9 years ago by sweetbitterkiss.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Do you find it difficult to predict for pick 5 games when you play?

Yes [ 44 ]  [73.33%]
No [ 16 ]  [26.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 60 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Hans's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
Monte Carlo
France
Member #55589
October 9, 2007
1181 Posts
Posted: March 21, 2008, 8:55 am - IP Logged

I ask todd when I first signed on to LP but I guess not enough people are interested in seeing our draws here. Since you can't play it anyway.

In usual Pick5 Lottery,when you pick up six last digital numbers from 0 to 9,and can still covers all drawn last digits,the chance to get 4 wining numbers in three 14 numbers is 80%.The chance of the other winning numbers coming out of 8 numbers is 80%.

So by playing 143*24=3000 abount tickets,the chance of a jackpot success is 24%.That means you at least need

15000 dollars to play for 5 rounds before the very possibel pick5 jackpot could be predicted,and every time you have 

to have all 6 last digital numbers covering drawn ones.

So the ultimate chance of success jackpot is 10% to 14.4%

Hans 

Strive to predict 8 tickets for 12 numbers with Max ROI for Pick6!

benmas's avatar - waveform
    Rhode Island
    United States
    Member #56010
    October 28, 2007
    434 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2008, 5:29 am - IP Logged

Well.  I think that person would be smart enough to bounce around to different lotto retailers in they're region....as to not draw attention to themselves.

I don't know how annoying you would become to a single retailer (showing up every day or two to collect hundreds).  Although I don't think they are allowed to...mine would probably ask me if I'd go somewhere else to collect.  I have been told many times to,  at least....come back later because they didnt have the cash available to pay me. 

Put two or three of these together each week and you'll be doing well for yourself.

one doesnt neccesarily have to go around to play or collect winnings in lotto...if you happened to win multiple times its all luck...i got three 4/5 in cash 5 in january and cashed em at the same store i go every time...so what if they noticed me winning often during that week...its a random game and i got very lucky during that period...maybe what you really trying to say here is go around so they dont notice you lose so often....+ no one will regularly win in lotto games...just brief lucky streaks thats all...in response to main topic "pick 5 games easy or not" i can say this:

pa cash 5 before was 5/39 and was easy(2/5 at least)..now by them adding just 4 balls (now 5/43) it feels like its ten times harder..i hate changes in matrix

catsrule's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #55084
      September 10, 2007
      347 Posts
      Posted: March 28, 2008, 5:37 am - IP Logged

one doesnt neccesarily have to go around to play or collect winnings in lotto...if you happened to win multiple times its all luck...i got three 4/5 in cash 5 in january and cashed em at the same store i go every time...so what if they noticed me winning often during that week...its a random game and i got very lucky during that period...maybe what you really trying to say here is go around so they dont notice you lose so often....+ no one will regularly win in lotto games...just brief lucky streaks thats all...in response to main topic "pick 5 games easy or not" i can say this:

pa cash 5 before was 5/39 and was easy(2/5 at least)..now by them adding just 4 balls (now 5/43) it feels like its ten times harder..i hate changes in matrix

i know what you mean about the pa cash 5, seems to me when i play it it's alot harder than what is was. of course i guess they got what they wanted more profit. next thing you know they will be making the cash 5 game like powerball and mega millions (lol)

Good luck on the pa cash 5 by the way!

United States
        Member #59579
        March 20, 2008
        205 Posts
        Posted: March 28, 2008, 7:59 am - IP Logged

DownandDirty,

I don't know about the other states.  But if you go on Florida's lotto website under "Downloads", you can see a list of all the winners since 1980's.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7314 Posts
          Posted: March 28, 2008, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Well.  I think that person would be smart enough to bounce around to different lotto retailers in they're region....as to not draw attention to themselves.

I don't know how annoying you would become to a single retailer (showing up every day or two to collect hundreds).  Although I don't think they are allowed to...mine would probably ask me if I'd go somewhere else to collect.  I have been told many times to,  at least....come back later because they didnt have the cash available to pay me. 

Put two or three of these together each week and you'll be doing well for yourself.

"Well.  I think that person would be smart enough to bounce around to different lotto retailers in they're region....as to not draw attention to themselves."

Claims over $5000 must be made at a regional office and you need a photo ID and SS number so even if you bounce all over the state, the lottery will know who you are. 

"I don't know how annoying you would become to a single retailer (showing up every day or two to collect hundreds)."

ROFL!

Long Island, NY
            United States
            Member #57412
            January 3, 2008
            419 Posts
            Posted: March 28, 2008, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

I had a feeling that I might need to clarify my statements.

If you read the thread up to that point "my" interpretation of the discussion had turned to winning a volume of 4 of 5 wins (2nd place).  If you read the posts by Hans and Jackpot they mention odds and attemtps to win "4 of 5" prizes as being part of the plan.

This was my mindset about having to go to different stores to collect frequent (say $300-$500) prizes. Just think what two or three of those would do for your weekly income?(and it's tax free cash!).

Yes, I do think that there are those who have programs and funds....who expect...and...do win these types of winnings. Even with limited budget of funds, I expect to win a small prize at least every night.

And guys.....(with friendly, light fun, discussion intentions only) try to not be so authoritative when you make these "none of you will ever win and have no chance..so stop trying...it's all luck" statements.

I know it's not your intention..but it's a bit discouraging. Let people believe and have confidence in anything they want to.  Know what I mean?

United States
              Member #59579
              March 20, 2008
              205 Posts
              Posted: March 28, 2008, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

I had a feeling that I might need to clarify my statements.

If you read the thread up to that point "my" interpretation of the discussion had turned to winning a volume of 4 of 5 wins (2nd place).  If you read the posts by Hans and Jackpot they mention odds and attemtps to win "4 of 5" prizes as being part of the plan.

This was my mindset about having to go to different stores to collect frequent (say $300-$500) prizes. Just think what two or three of those would do for your weekly income?(and it's tax free cash!).

Yes, I do think that there are those who have programs and funds....who expect...and...do win these types of winnings. Even with limited budget of funds, I expect to win a small prize at least every night.

And guys.....(with friendly, light fun, discussion intentions only) try to not be so authoritative when you make these "none of you will ever win and have no chance..so stop trying...it's all luck" statements.

I know it's not your intention..but it's a bit discouraging. Let people believe and have confidence in anything they want to.  Know what I mean?

Excellent Posts.  I have been wanting to say this but I couldn't find a way to say as illustrious as you have.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5121 Posts
                Posted: March 29, 2008, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

wow 5/22

whats the payout equivelent in that? 

Rant   GETTING HIT by LIGHT'N is .........(1) in (186,000)

THAT is easy>>>>>TOO>>>>>>BUT who want's to GET HIT!

REMEMBER  alway's a ......>>>>>....BUTT out there $OMEWHERE

BUT,.................................................JACKPOT<<<<<<<YET????

LOL

PSYKOMO 

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                  Member #5344
                  June 30, 2004
                  23641 Posts
                  Posted: March 31, 2008, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Rant   GETTING HIT by LIGHT'N is .........(1) in (186,000)

THAT is easy>>>>>TOO>>>>>>BUT who want's to GET HIT!

REMEMBER  alway's a ......>>>>>....BUTT out there $OMEWHERE

BUT,.................................................JACKPOT<<<<<<<YET????

LOL

PSYKOMO 

Go ahead and hit me with the Jackpot.. See if I care.. You can hit me twice if you like.. Won't bother me... Go for the third time.. See me smile more...

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                    Member #13130
                    March 30, 2005
                    2171 Posts
                    Posted: April 15, 2008, 11:25 am - IP Logged

The p5 games I have run through my works-in-progress show hot/cold streaks. P5 also shows a sensitive dependence to initial conditions i.e. small changes in the intputs create a large change in the outputs.

There are ~7 RMB to the USDollar ... and falling. Cussing Face

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                      Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #56506
                      November 21, 2007
                      6537 Posts
                      Posted: April 15, 2008, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

To me pick 5 games seems easy some days and other days hard. When i play i can usually get 3 out of 5 or 4 out of 5, but the 5 out of 5 is a stinker to get. I was just wondering when anyone plays pick 5 games do you find it hard or easy to nail any of the numbers of your favorite game?

I think it depends on the pick 5 game. Some are going to be harder then others because they have more numbers.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                        Kunming
                        China
                        Member #57910
                        January 23, 2008
                        3626 Posts
                        Posted: April 15, 2008, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

I think it depends on the pick 5 game. Some are going to be harder then others because they have more numbers.

I dont' think it's easy at all if you're talking about hitting the jackpot. No way! Picking 2 or 3 numbers is somewhat easier but no way it's easy. Of course as ThatScaryChick said, the more numbers the harder it gets. If I had to choose between playing Pick 5 or Mega it would be Pick 5 hands down. Mega only tears what spirit you have left after playing for so long and almost never winning 3 numbers.

Play to win!

Vergie6's avatar - Santa 20kitty.jpg
                          North Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #59855
                          March 29, 2008
                          31549 Posts
                          Posted: April 26, 2008, 10:24 am - IP Logged

Wow, you must be making a living on those kind of hits!  A 4 out of 5 once a week would be all I would need to survive till I hit the 5 out of 5. 

But I can't seem to put together much more than 2 or 3 of  out of 5 and even then its not too often.

I haven't played at all this week but had a hunch on these for NY Take 5....

2 15 20 34 38

You're so right about that as I have only gotten 4  out of 5 once........it's almost unbelievable that someone can do that.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10351 Posts
                            Posted: May 11, 2008, 2:36 am - IP Logged

Pick 5 is the game I play everyday, $1 or $2 a drawing- I've occassionally hit 2/5 (pays $1) and once in a "blue moon" 3/5 (pays $10), but never yet 4/5 or 5/5 for a jackpot.

catsrule, I have to ask if you're talking about picking up $100 a week or more live play, or hitting this "on paper", hitting that often sounds awful strong.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

catsrule's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                              Member #55084
                              September 10, 2007
                              347 Posts
                              Posted: May 11, 2008, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

Pick 5 is the game I play everyday, $1 or $2 a drawing- I've occassionally hit 2/5 (pays $1) and once in a "blue moon" 3/5 (pays $10), but never yet 4/5 or 5/5 for a jackpot.

catsrule, I have to ask if you're talking about picking up $100 a week or more live play, or hitting this "on paper", hitting that often sounds awful strong.

no, i just mess around on paper with the pick 5 games. I rarley play for real, but when i do i don't do to bad. I stick to pick 3 games the most. Easier money with that game.