Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I'll never win any Jackpot

Topic closed. 91 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Hans.

Page 2 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #23835
October 16, 2005
3474 Posts
Posted: March 24, 2008, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

"How do  you expect to win if you put yourself on the negative side"

The tickets and balls don't know what you're thinking of. If you think you won't be offered a job you interview for, that belief may affect your chance of being hired. If you think you'll be rejected if you ask somebody to go out with you, that belief may affect the chance that the person will agree to go out with you. The difference is that those things aren't random events.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5118 Posts
    Posted: March 24, 2008, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

I know someone at a convenience store I frequent that won a $77,000 jackpot buying one ticket.  That's all it takes to win, one ticket.  And it was a quickpick.  She had never played the game, and maybe that was one reason she wasn't being so self-negative.

And odds? Odds are only good for discussion purposes with another individual.  You can never escape the fact that even if the odds were a billion to one, someone is going to beat them and win the jackpot !  These jackpots are all guaranteed to have winners.  And so the heck with the odds.  The winner can be you as well as anyone else.

As to luck.  Everyone "blames" luck.  But no one can define luck.  If there is "bad luck" then there is "good luck".  And there is no reason any of us can't have the latter just as easily as the former. 

In the meantime, it's good entertainment, as long as you don't go crazy with it.

benmas:

UR truly,truly De

"American Idol" of  the

Lottery Post >Party

LOL

PSYKOMO 

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5118 Posts
      Posted: March 24, 2008, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

I'm done playing the game untill I see some compensation! It's all luck! LUCK! LUCK! LUCK! all luck! Even if your psychic, had great intuition, sixth sense and etc., you won't win the jackpot. That's what I'm been trying to say. There's like this mental block that I can't get around or anyone else. Faith? I don't understand that either!

SP:

There's like a mental block that I can't get around or anyone else.

UR truly,truly,truly,...yes truly^^

De>>"AMERICAN Idiot"of De LP^

do we need an AMERICAN PSYKO

?????????????..........2222222^

LOL >>>>DrumJack-in-the-BoxDrum

PSYKOMO     Party 

United States
        Member #24439
        October 22, 2005
        638 Posts
        Posted: March 24, 2008, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

I am glad to see some of you coming to your senses.

I keep proposing we share ideas and numbers and see if we can beat the odds.

Yet some people here are more concerned about sharing the jackpot.

We can keeping posting 12 numbers in the challenges but I don't get any satisfaction from the end result.

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5118 Posts
          Posted: March 24, 2008, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

We can keeping posting 12 numbers in the challenges but I don't get any satisfaction from the end result.

THANK's gap:

I Agree!>>>>>>>>>We can keeping posting 12 numbers in the 

challenges, but I don't get any satisfaction from the end result.

Rant>>>>>>Let's post 6 numbers with 5 WINNER'$$$

(in the MM or PB) & guarantee money back!

>>>>>>Let's post 2 numbers  for the  Mega Ball $

(in the MM or PB) this will make it hard 0!0

THANK's gap >>>>YOU L@@K OUT for ALL of us DEMOKRAT'$$

LOL

PSYKOMO 

benmas's avatar - waveform
            Rhode Island
            United States
            Member #56010
            October 28, 2007
            434 Posts
            Posted: March 27, 2008, 5:40 am - IP Logged

This is why I switched over to Hoosier Lotto. To win the Powerball takes an insane amount of luck. I think I can win Hoosier Lotto using my system.

...really you think...you are going against the computer my man which in my mind is harder to beat despite odds being much better than PB

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19824 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2008, 11:45 am - IP Logged

I read the posts of members who are sharing their ideas all the time, the problem is their ideas aren't winning much. 

I agree the 12 numbers challenges are not the answer because it's hards to come up with more than 3 of the winning numbers in a group of 12 numbers.  So far no one has come up with a strategy that has any chance of working even on paper.  Until that happens everyone is on their own.

Good luck to you.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: March 27, 2008, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

...really you think...you are going against the computer my man which in my mind is harder to beat despite odds being much better than PB

This is something I can actually agree with you on. I play a couple of computerized games and I feel my chances to win something is just as hard as when I play PB even though the odds are better.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                  Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #48725
                  January 7, 2007
                  1953 Posts
                  Posted: March 27, 2008, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

This is something I can actually agree with you on. I play a couple of computerized games and I feel my chances to win something is just as hard as when I play PB even though the odds are better.

My experience with Hoosier Lotto has been the exact opposite. I get 2/6 and 3/6 very frequently.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19824 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2008, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

My experience with Hoosier Lotto has been the exact opposite. I get 2/6 and 3/6 very frequently.

With odds of 1:7.3, getting a 2/6 frequently can be expected.  When I play Ohio Rolling Cash5, I usually get a 2/5 often which has odds of 1:10.

Evil Looking       

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                      Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #48725
                      January 7, 2007
                      1953 Posts
                      Posted: March 27, 2008, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

With odds of 1:7.3, getting a 2/6 frequently can be expected.  When I play Ohio Rolling Cash5, I usually get a 2/5 often which has odds of 1:10.

I understand that. I still get 3/6 a lot more than getting 3+0 on Powerball. I'm glad the Hoosier Lottery has a 2/6 prize, a free QP.

Gonna win.Big Smile

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: March 28, 2008, 2:00 am - IP Logged

Anybody that plays the lottery EXPECTING to win needs psychiatric help.

IMO, the 'only' way to play this game is to call it a 'sport', know your limits, and play within them. (read: don't spend a lot)

Now, anyone that has dealt with me privately KNOWS people can notice things that can tip the odds in your favor a little bit, but I bend over backwards to tell people there just isn't much of a difference between odds of 1 in 146 million and odds of 1 in 1 million.  Heck, how many well-read folks ON HERE cannot even hit a 3x5 in the Powerball Challenge headed by our esteemed member Big Dog?   Not many.    Even I don't do so hot.   I'm really close on most of what I do, but it still comes down to number selection.

So, the key is not to have high expectations, play it as a game or a sport, and don't sink a lot of money into it.

As a footnote, most people I deal with are trying to hit a Powerball 5x5, the Jackpot itself.... pipe dream. 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                          Member #41383
                          June 16, 2006
                          1969 Posts
                          Posted: March 28, 2008, 2:10 am - IP Logged

I wanted to share ideas, and I could not care less about 'sharing' any jackpot.

The reason I don't share my theories publicly is because they are not bullet-proof, not iron-clad, are not always 100% correct.   And when they are not correct, I don't care to deal with the trash talk that comes with it; why put myself through it ?

But a lot of what I have garnered over the last two+ years is VERY solid, for the most part, but 'most' isn't good for most people, some folks think they can come on here, ask, and - sure - we can tell you what ALL the winning numbers will be for the next draw ahead of time ... uh-huh 

As far as posting 12 numbers in the challenge - the key there is - you need to list BEFOREHAND your reasoning behind each number you have chosen.  Few can.  'cuz I felt like it' on a number isn't good enough.

So folks, when you make your number selections, you need to write down BEFORE the game WHY you chose certain numbers, and also, why you did NOT play certain numbers, and see if you can develop your own patterns or theories.  This will get you started in 'the game'.

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
                            Albuquerque, New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #5128
                            June 18, 2004
                            377 Posts
                            Posted: March 28, 2008, 6:03 am - IP Logged

Gee, a 73 year old man just won the Lottery. The officials can't guarantee you'll win. However, if you play long enough and live long enough, there's a possibility you may win.

If you're young (20s - 49), working, and good health, what's the rush: you have youth and time on your side. The older adults (50s plus), who are still working and hopefully in reasonable health, are perhaps waiting for their payday. Remember, life comes at you fast!

Finally, unless your physician has given you a death sentence (and I hope you get a second and a third opinion), be patient!  Yes, a retired maid hit pay dirt -- she was only 65!

See Ya!-- Bye, bye!  When you win, may you glow as brightly as theSun Smiley

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19824 Posts
                              Posted: March 28, 2008, 9:55 am - IP Logged

I wanted to share ideas, and I could not care less about 'sharing' any jackpot.

The reason I don't share my theories publicly is because they are not bullet-proof, not iron-clad, are not always 100% correct.   And when they are not correct, I don't care to deal with the trash talk that comes with it; why put myself through it ?

But a lot of what I have garnered over the last two+ years is VERY solid, for the most part, but 'most' isn't good for most people, some folks think they can come on here, ask, and - sure - we can tell you what ALL the winning numbers will be for the next draw ahead of time ... uh-huh 

As far as posting 12 numbers in the challenge - the key there is - you need to list BEFOREHAND your reasoning behind each number you have chosen.  Few can.  'cuz I felt like it' on a number isn't good enough.

So folks, when you make your number selections, you need to write down BEFORE the game WHY you chose certain numbers, and also, why you did NOT play certain numbers, and see if you can develop your own patterns or theories.  This will get you started in 'the game'.

Speaking of why certain numbers are picked to play, I've looked at past winning numbers and separated them into different categories that one might use to pick them to play and seldom will more than two or three winning numbers be in any one category that include less than a third of all the numbers in the game.  When ever all the winning numbers have been in the same category, that category have included a third or more of all the numbers in the game.   

The participants in the Maddogg challenges are trying to do that with twelve numbers but three winning numbers seems to be their limit, occasionally some one will pick four winning numbers but it doesn't happen often.  When one person start picking three or more winning numbers regularly in that challenge, they will be on to something.

Evil Looking