Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Interesting comment re: Quick Picks

Topic closed. 71 replies. Last post 9 years ago by manofmany.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #23835
October 16, 2005
3501 Posts
Posted: March 26, 2008, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

If you couldn't tell, I was using sarcasm

"then crying that people are picking on you", When?

Hi. I'm Floyd. Have we met?

pittsburgh
    United States
    Member #51040
    March 25, 2007
    457 Posts
    Posted: March 26, 2008, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

And you know this how? There are over 50,000 members on this board and not all of them post. How do you know none of them havn't already won a jackpot or will in the future? 

if they dont post on this site then apprently they arent a part of this forum here so dont contradict yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
      mn
      United States
      Member #59040
      March 4, 2008
      276 Posts
      Posted: March 26, 2008, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Hi. I'm Floyd. Have we met?

What, no.

NY
        United States
        Member #23835
        October 16, 2005
        3501 Posts
        Posted: March 26, 2008, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine which combinations are unlikely to be drawn.

100% of the time, no, but the majority of the time, yes. There are some things that go on more than 95% of the time when a new result comes out. I can understand how you don't believe me though because when you see lottery results for a Pick 6 game, the only thing you're looking at is 6 numbers that were randomly chosen. The thing is, there's more to it than that. Those 6 winning numbers as an entirety have characteristics that can be compared to the last drawing. Going through the previous results, each time comparing those characteristics to the characteristics of the drawing before it, you will see there are differences and similiarities that you can use to find out what sets are not most likely to occur on the next drawing. Problem is, since we're dealing with millions of possible combinations, the only effective way of finding sets that are considered good is by writing a computer program. This is the closest description I have given of my system without giving it away. Trust me, it's there.

Of course you can find patterns, groupings, characteristics, or whatever you choose to call them. Most combinations will  have a distribution that is similar to the distributions that allow the most combinations, but that's neither surprising, nor helpful. Similarly, finding some pattern from a selection of past drawings isn't useful unless the pattern is actually caused by something that prevents the results from being random. It's very hard to use the things you think you see to predict winning results, because any winning result is an extremely unlikely event. OTOH, no matter how you decide to rule out certain combinations, you will almost certainly be right, but that's due to the enormous number of combinations that won't be drawn, not because you've found something accurate to determine what won't happen. Almost everything a vacuum does can be described accurately as if the vacuum actually sucked things in, but the reality is that air pushes things towards the vacuum. The things you think can be ruled out are simply pushed aside by the imbalance between them and all the combinations you don't rule out.

pittsburgh
          United States
          Member #51040
          March 25, 2007
          457 Posts
          Posted: March 26, 2008, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Lottery is a game of LUCK, there is NO SKILL involved

Which makes it dumb luck!

United States
            Member #58528
            February 18, 2008
            710 Posts
            Posted: March 26, 2008, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

If you couldn't tell, I was using sarcasm

"then crying that people are picking on you", When?

First off,I don't like you.

Now to your question:Last week on a thread called "Why Play" that was on the Scratchers forum,you asked me why I was attacking you.I explained that I didn't attack you,I was simply agreeing with someone elses post.

Today on a post (I forget which thread it was on or who you were talking to) you made the comment "why are you hating on me".

I could find more examples if I was inclined to pursue this subject,which I'm not.

pittsburgh
              United States
              Member #51040
              March 25, 2007
              457 Posts
              Posted: March 26, 2008, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

There is never ever going to be any program or system that can predict the winning numbers 100% of the time. One thing you may notice that looks like it works doesnt mean that the same patteren is always and forever going to work. you may select 10 numbers and luckily hit 3 of them that doesnt mean your system works. it just means those numbers those numbers hit you. If anyone what so ever thinks they can always predict one number in a drawing out of 1 try then tell me that number so i can prove to you you are wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
                mn
                United States
                Member #59040
                March 4, 2008
                276 Posts
                Posted: March 26, 2008, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Seriously, We had like an entire conversation on some post a while ago, it seemed interesting and it was on a neutral-positive note, there was nothing negative about, but i didn't know you hated me man, that's different.

That was specifically to KY not you man, i thought we were cool, but it seems that we are not, thats ok i guess, i dont want it to get to that point, but we're there, and I cant really change your perception and emotions of me can I?

It's cool, I'm sure they are there 

I dont want to be that person that everybody hates but I am, am I? If thats the case, I guess the only thing I can do is leave and don't come back. So I guess this is goodbye everyone, it was nice being here and everything but hey S.H. haha

-Goodbye-

"Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
                "The same thing we do every night, Pinky- try to take over the world."

Sorry Todd, I had to do that one last time.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: March 26, 2008, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

We are dealing with ping pong balls..It's called dumb luck..No system works..

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #48725
                    January 7, 2007
                    1958 Posts
                    Posted: March 26, 2008, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

There is never ever going to be any program or system that can predict the winning numbers 100% of the time. One thing you may notice that looks like it works doesnt mean that the same patteren is always and forever going to work. you may select 10 numbers and luckily hit 3 of them that doesnt mean your system works. it just means those numbers those numbers hit you. If anyone what so ever thinks they can always predict one number in a drawing out of 1 try then tell me that number so i can prove to you you are wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you think the only way a system works is if it can spit out 1 set and win the jackpot every single time?

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
                      Member #58528
                      February 18, 2008
                      710 Posts
                      Posted: March 26, 2008, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Seriously, We had like an entire conversation on some post a while ago, it seemed interesting and it was on a neutral-positive note, there was nothing negative about, but i didn't know you hated me man, that's different.

That was specifically to KY not you man, i thought we were cool, but it seems that we are not, thats ok i guess, i dont want it to get to that point, but we're there, and I cant really change your perception and emotions of me can I?

It's cool, I'm sure they are there 

I dont want to be that person that everybody hates but I am, am I? If thats the case, I guess the only thing I can do is leave and don't come back. So I guess this is goodbye everyone, it was nice being here and everything but hey S.H. haha

-Goodbye-

"Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
                      "The same thing we do every night, Pinky- try to take over the world."

Sorry Todd, I had to do that one last time.

I don't hate you,I just don't like you.

I only hate one person in this world.That's the sonofabitch that murdered my son.

You,I just don't like.

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: March 26, 2008, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

We are dealing with ping pong balls..It's called dumb luck..No system works..

Blanket statements like this come from people who think they have a monopoly on what truth is.

Systems might not work all the time, but depending on how well the system is put together, anything is possible.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5145 Posts
                          Posted: March 26, 2008, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

This is from:

The Lottery Book, The Truth Behind The Numbers  

by Don Catlin

2003 Bonus Books, Chicago

"Lucky numbers aren't so lucky when it comes to payoffs. Numbers such as 7, 11, and 13 get heave play, as do numbers such as 19 that are part of birth dates. What you want is a set of numbers no one else has. This way, if you do win, you'll be the only winner and won't have to split the prize. The best way to do this is to wait until the drawing time is near and then buy a quick pick, that is, let the lottery computer pick your numbers. Most, if not all, of these quick-pick schemes are designed to give you a set of numbers that hasn't been played up to that point in time. As any set of numberd is as likely to occur as any other set, so there is no disadvantage to playing this way."

p134

"Most, if not all, of these quick-pick schemes are designed to give youa set of numbers that hasn't been played up to that point in time"

That might be ideally but I'm prety sure it's not always the case.

CT:

Thank's for UR research an quote's.......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As any set of numbered is as likely to occur as any other set, so.....

there is no disavantage to playing this way...................???????????

QUESTION:

Did UR book talk about>>>>>>>>>>>QUICK-TRICK'$$$$$$$$$$$$

Did UR book talk about>>>>>>>>>>>PSYKO winning & posting on

the LP with QUICK PICK's and suggesting U try-it while .......HOTTT

STATEMENT:

QUICK=PICK's <<<<<<<<<<<<RRRRRRR<<<<<<thing of PAST<<

TRANSLATION:

QP's are an almost a sure LOSER if U play-it TODAY (things CHANG)

LOL

PSYKOMO 

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: March 26, 2008, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

I don't hate you,I just don't like you.

I only hate one person in this world.That's the sonofabitch that murdered my son.

You,I just don't like.

Sorry to hear about your son. But ever since you joined this site you've had a big chip on your shoulder, and now it's clear why.

United States
                              Member #58528
                              February 18, 2008
                              710 Posts
                              Posted: March 26, 2008, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

Sorry to hear about your son. But ever since you joined this site you've had a big chip on your shoulder, and now it's clear why.

Theres no chip on my shoulder,Pac.I just refuse to be intimidated by people who have a different opinion than me.I'll argue forever with anyone,if I know in my heart that I'm right.If I'm wrong,I'll apologize.Then there are certain people that tend to get under my skin and I have tendency to be brutaly frank when I tell them that I don't like them.Thats just the way I've always been.