Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Can't Wait!

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Bagent.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

When Do You Check Your Tickets?

As the drawing is taking place [ 11 ]  [13.25%]
An hour or so after the drawing [ 22 ]  [26.51%]
Next day first thing in the morning [ 9 ]  [10.84%]
Next day sometime during the day [ 9 ]  [10.84%]
A week later [ 1 ]  [1.20%]
Only when I have heard there is a jackpot winner [ 4 ]  [4.82%]
Once per month [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
At the end of the draw date(s) on the playslip [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
ASAP if I do not see the drawing [ 11 ]  [13.25%]
Varies, I am not consistent. [ 16 ]  [19.28%]
Total Valid Votes [ 83 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #59720
March 25, 2008
52 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2008, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Haha I check them the next morning for the same reason. I dream about how I would use it if I did win.

JustFrozen's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
    OC, CALI
    United States
    Member #59564
    March 19, 2008
    76 Posts
    Posted: April 1, 2008, 12:42 am - IP Logged

I totally understand waiting and dreaming, cuz I justify buying these darned things as an entertainment cost, and the entertainment is being able to dream of riches.

However.... i get way too excited to wait any more than 5 minutes after the draw. I'm usually on the winning numbers page clicking refresh Hyper

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5122 Posts
      Posted: April 2, 2008, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

VARIE'ssssss with each PLAY!!!!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7314 Posts
        Posted: April 2, 2008, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

When I play Pick- 4, I only play 1 or 2 combinations so when I check depends on what I'm doing because I only need to know which number hit and don't need to check the tickets. The 7:29 drawing results are usually posted on the website and on LP about a half hour later if I miss the TV drawing.

The Mega Millions drawing is at 11:00 PM but for some reason the live drawing is shown when the jackpot is over $100 million. We have a 10-spot keno style game that has a payout for matching zero or five or more numbers that is not drawn live so I have to wait for either site to be updated. A couple of TV stations scroll the results on the bottom of screen but way too fast for me to jot them down.

When playing Rolling Cash 5, I try to catch the live drawing because the state website says if the jackpot was or was not hit. Maybe it's just me, but knowing the jackpot wasn't hit sort of takes the fun out of checking the tickets.

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
          Member #33588
          February 22, 2006
          2068 Posts
          Posted: April 9, 2008, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

When I play Pick- 4, I only play 1 or 2 combinations so when I check depends on what I'm doing because I only need to know which number hit and don't need to check the tickets. The 7:29 drawing results are usually posted on the website and on LP about a half hour later if I miss the TV drawing.

The Mega Millions drawing is at 11:00 PM but for some reason the live drawing is shown when the jackpot is over $100 million. We have a 10-spot keno style game that has a payout for matching zero or five or more numbers that is not drawn live so I have to wait for either site to be updated. A couple of TV stations scroll the results on the bottom of screen but way too fast for me to jot them down.

When playing Rolling Cash 5, I try to catch the live drawing because the state website says if the jackpot was or was not hit. Maybe it's just me, but knowing the jackpot wasn't hit sort of takes the fun out of checking the tickets.

Right on the money stark47. 

dingo's avatar - lottery of-birth.jpg
            San Jose, California
            United States
            Member #42003
            June 26, 2006
            206 Posts
            Posted: April 23, 2008, 1:02 am - IP Logged

I am not very consistent in check lottery result in the next day.

My rules: next couple day when no one is winning, and within a month when someone have already hit the jackpot.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
              Member #9517
              December 10, 2004
              1272 Posts
              Posted: April 23, 2008, 4:20 am - IP Logged

It varies.

When playing my own systems I often check immediately. QPs I might check within two hours after the draw was publicized. It's more exciting when you play system or your own handpicked numbers.

DC81's avatar - batman39
                MI
                United States
                Member #54830
                August 31, 2007
                985 Posts
                Posted: April 23, 2008, 4:22 am - IP Logged

I think I already posted here but oh well, I'll probably repeat myself.

It just depends on whether or not I'm awake, if I am I'll check right away and maybe even stay a couple more hours to see if someone else won if it wasn't me. I hate leaving things unanswered so I'll find out as so as I can.

You can't predict random.

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
                  Member #60535
                  April 21, 2008
                  460 Posts
                  Posted: April 23, 2008, 7:52 am - IP Logged

I don't live in the state I play in so I have to rely on the state website and sometimes it takes over an hour for the numbers to be put up....oh the agony...

Pogo's avatar - wfl
                    NC
                    United States
                    Member #29378
                    January 1, 2006
                    552 Posts
                    Posted: April 29, 2008, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Usually, I check mine after work the next day... If it's big - I try to hold out as long as possible... avoiding all newspapers, news, etc. Then once I finally find out there's been a winner I'll break them out and check them - I know I know... it's like a ritual or something but not, PoGo

Bagent's avatar - avatar 10424.gif
                      Vancouver, WA
                      United States
                      Member #53665
                      July 15, 2007
                      151 Posts
                      Posted: April 30, 2008, 3:15 am - IP Logged

I check my tickets via the internet on USA MEGA or LP to see what the numbers are as soon as I can get to a computer which is normally a couple of hours after the drawings.