Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Could any of you help me?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 9 years ago by TulaneStudent.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Pogo's avatar - wfl
NC
United States
Member #29378
January 1, 2006
552 Posts
Posted: April 19, 2008, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Seems to me there was a similar effort about 12-18 months ago; maybe longer.  After a few entries, it was determined to be a news group trying to gather free information from, and about this group.  It amazes me, that if some one from the Government wants half this information, people go ballistics about losing freedoms.  Yet, when some one, whom they have zero confirmation of who they really are asks questions, people jump in and tell their life history. Personal information is personal information. Unless you have an agenda.

I have to be honest - I don't think a single place on the internet has any correct information on me except for the IP tracking Todd has... All my information is fake from registering for sites = all fake, to my website = all fake, my e-mail = all fake, and I'm not even sure if I live in NC or VA... But really to be honest - who cares... Are you collecting data??? Just Curious - And have some fun! Pogo

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: April 19, 2008, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

Seems to me there was a similar effort about 12-18 months ago; maybe longer.  After a few entries, it was determined to be a news group trying to gather free information from, and about this group.  It amazes me, that if some one from the Government wants half this information, people go ballistics about losing freedoms.  Yet, when some one, whom they have zero confirmation of who they really are asks questions, people jump in and tell their life history. Personal information is personal information. Unless you have an agenda.

The topic author's IP address resolves to Tulane University in New Orleans, so my hunch is that it's legitimate.  Nothing wrong with questioning things — I just thought this might allay some of your concern.

I would also suspect that the same student is posting this same question on other forums around the Internet.  I hope it doesn't become a hit-and-run, because there are some good responses here.

Unfortunately, it looks like she has not checked in since posting it two days ago.  (Her profile shows a last visit date of April 17.)

TulaneStudent: if you do check in, please say hello, and if you can, we would all be very interested to read your findings and report, if you can share them.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: April 20, 2008, 12:41 am - IP Logged

This might shock a few people here.

1. How long have you been buying lottery tickets?

When the lottery came to Tx I bought a few tickets for the first 3 or so months, then I told myself that the lottery must be "Fixed" and I quit buying them.
      Much latter back on 2002 or 2003 I once again became interested on the lottery, but this time on the pick 3 game.
      I didn't become interested in buying tickets, but in trying to see if I could learn how to win.
      On and off I have been trying to since then, mostly off.

2. Where do you buy lottery tickets? Do you always buy them at the same place?

The very few times when I buy them, I buy Tx2Step and or MegaMillion tickets at the same store.

3. How many lottery tickets do you buy? How often do you buy lottery tickets? When you purchase tickets are they the only things your buying or do you purchase other items?

As I said, I buy 1 Tx2Step and 1 MegaMillion tickets, maybe about once every 2 months, that is all that I buy when I do, not anything else.

4. Do you have any rituals or superstitions before, after, or during purchasing?

No, I don't.

5. The numbers that you use, are they the same every time? How do you pick the numbers?

Quick Picks from the lottery terminals.

6. If you're comftorable talking about it, how much do you estimate you spend on lottery tickets?

Maybe about $2 to $4 every 2 months.

7. Have you ever won any money from the lottery? How often? How much? What do you spend your winnings on?

The very last time that I picked my own pick 3 numbers very long ago and bought them, I won any order, as they were 50 cents per number I won $40, I almost never buy pick 3 numbers and have not since that time so very long ago, I didn't buy more tickets with the money, I quit buying pick 3 numbers years ago and when I did I did only a few times.
      I don't trust my own predictions yet, good as some of them have been.
      I still think that all the lotteries are 'Fixed" to some degree.

8. Do your family and friends play the lottery? Is it something you do together?

No.

9. If you ever won the jackpot, what do you think you would do with the money?

Save most of it, first and much later, Who knows?

These following questions are completely optional and only serve to give me context for the data:

Age, Gender, State of Residence

Male from Texas.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: April 20, 2008, 2:38 am - IP Logged

When the gov't wants it, they want it from EVERYONE... or else. This thread is voluntary and not tied to anyone's SSN.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

New Orleans, LA
          United States
          Member #60426
          April 17, 2008
          2 Posts
          Posted: April 22, 2008, 2:32 am - IP Logged

Hey everybody,

Thanks so much for all this information, it was a much bigger respons than I expected! I'm presenting tomorrow in class and my final paper is due nex Tuesday, so I'll be able to update you all after that. No, I'm not collecting information for anything other than my own use. And I appreciate your honesty and willingness to participate. You all have formed a really great community here and I appreciate being welcomed and included in it so generously and graciously.

Thanks so much,

Jessica