Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

JADE's Pick 3 Pick 4 Selector Now Available

Topic closed. 194 replies. Last post 8 years ago by JADELottery.

Page 10 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
js1237's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
NEW YORK
United States
Member #3100
December 23, 2003
334 Posts
Posted: January 4, 2009, 1:07 am - IP Logged

Hi JADELottery,

I truly appreciate your shaing this great system with us.  I am now checking out the Pick 4 and need your expertise to assist me.  The results for straight plays superset is 3,778, the next category is 500, the next is 490 and the last is 262. 

How can I use your system to produce less numbers?

Thank You...JS...

"May The Numbers Be With Us All $$$$"....js1237....Sun Smiley

Lucky's avatar - hiro horse.jpg
    Ohio
    United States
    Member #20
    December 20, 2000
    56954 Posts
    Posted: January 4, 2009, 8:47 am - IP Logged

How It's Made - JADE Pick 3 Pick 4 Selector

Ok, now that things have settled down a bit. We can tell you 'how it's made'; 'it' being the number selections in JADE Pick 3 Pick 4 Selector.

The basic idea for this program came from a current Lottery Post member, Lucky. Lucky's Pick 3 and Pick 4 Followers were a great inspiration for this number selection process. Lucky's basic idea of what comes next when a particular Pick 3 or Pick 4 number combination is drawn could be applied to a basic mathematical equation related to matrix operations. That equation is called a Determinant. The Determinant allowed Lucky's idea of the followers to become more dynamic in that it now gives a direct mathematical relationship between what just happen before and what will happen next. Once again, Thank you Lucky!

Now, on to the good stuff. What is a Determinant and how is it used? A Determinant is a mathematical equation related to a square matrix that results in a single number. A square matrix is a set of numbers or variables arranged in a square pattern; like the ones listed next.

(note: some web browsers may not display the square brackets correctly. they should look like [ ].)

é123ù
    ê456ú
    ë789û

or

éabcù
    êdefú
    ëghiû

The square brackets indicate it's a square matrix. A square matrix is a special matrix that has the same number of columns as rows. The matrix can also be of any size 1 x 1, 2 x 2, 3 x 3, 4 x 4 or n x n; where n is the number of columns or rows. Below is an example of a 4 x 4 matrix.

é2980ù
    ê3392ú
    ê1465ú
    ë2001û

A Determinant is a mathematical equation that takes each item in the square matrix and gives a single result. For our purposes, that's all we need to know. There are other reasons for the equation, but for what the Determinant will be doing, this will do. The Determinants we'll be looking at are, the 3 x 3 matrix and the 4 x 4 matrix. Obviously, each of these relate to their Pick 3 and Pick 4 lotteries by the number of columns or rows, 3 and 4. As an example, if the square matrix of a 3 x 3 matrix is the following.

éabcù
    êdefú
    ëghiû

Then the Determinant is the following mathematical equation.

(' × ' means to multiply.)

D3 = a × (e × i - f × h) - b × (d × i - f × g) + c × (d × h - e × g)

The variable D3 is the Determinant for the 3 x 3 square matrix.

Also, if the square matrix of a 4 x 4 matrix is the following.

éabcdù
    êefghú
    êijkmú
    ënpqrû

Then the Determinant is the following mathematical equation.

( l 'el' and o 'oh' are purposely left out so as not to confuse them with 1 'one' and 0 'zero'.)

D4 =

a × (f × (k × r - m × q) - g × (m × p - j × r) + h × (j × q - k × p))
    - b
    × (g × (m × n - i × r) - h × (i × q - k × n) + e × (k × r - m × q))
    + c
    × (h × (i × p - j × n) - e × (j × r - m × p) + f × (m × n - i × r))
    - d
    × (e × (j × q - k × p) - f × (k × n - i × q) + g × (i × p - j × n))

Next, we'll look at the application of the Determinant on a 3 x 3 square matrix.

Using the follow square matrix as a guide.

éabcù
    êdefú
    ëghiû

The Determinant is then found using the equation, D3 = a × (e × i - f × h) - b × (d × i - f × g) + c × (d × h - e × g) .

If the numbers in an example matrix is as follows...

é103ù
    ê455ú
    ë732û

...then we can substitute the letter variables with our numbers and find the Determinant.

éabcù  é103ù
    êdefú=ê455ú
    ëghiû  ë732û

Since these two square matrices are equal, we can assign each number to the variable.

a = 1, b = 0, c = 3, d = 4, e = 5, f = 5, g = 7, h = 3 and i = 2.

Now, using the equation, D3 = a × (e × i - f × h) - b × (d × i - f × g) + c × (d × h - e × g), we can put in the numbers.

D3 = 1 × (5 × 2 - 5 × 3) - 0 × (4 × 2 - 5 × 7) + 3 × (4 × 3 - 5 × 7)

D3 = 1 × (10 - 15) - 0 × (8 - 35) + 3 × (12 - 35)

D3 = 1 × (-5) - 0 × (-27) + 3 × (-23)

D3 = (-5) - 0 + (-69)

D3 = -74

The Determinant for this example is -74.

We can apply this to a list of Pick 3 numbers and find the Determinants in a drawing list. Let's say the following is a short list of Pick 3 numbers as an example.

-5  103     
    -4  455     
    -3  732     
    -2  866     
    -1  137     
    0  261     

The oldest draw is at the top and the newest draw is at the bottom. The numbers on the far left are reference index numbers to show draw order. We can apply the Determinant equation to the list starting at the top oldest and move down to the most recent draws. The following is a step though the process for this example.

First, start at the top and find the Determinant for the first 3 draws.

-5é103ù   
    -4ê455ú   
    -3ë732û=-74
    -2  866     
    -1  137     
    0  261     

Next, move down one draw and find the Determinant.

-5 103    
    -4é455ù   
    -3ê732ú  -74
    -2ë866û=-16
    -1  137     
    0  261     

Keep moving down.

-5 103    
    -4 455    
    -3é732ù  -74
    -2ê866ú  -16
    -1ë137û=54
    0  261     

One more and we're done.

-5 103    
    -4 455    
    -3  732    -74
    -2é866ù  -16
    -1ê137ú  54
    0ë261û=-234

The numbers on the far right are the Determinants of this draw listing.

-5 103    
    -4 455    
    -3  732    -74
    -2 866   -16
    -1 137   54
    0  261    -234

As you can see, the Determinants can be both positive or negative and in some cases, a neutral zero. This works great as an example. However, when working with Pick 3 and Pick 4 numbers there is a number that can create a problem when looking at all the possible ways that a Determinant can generated for either Pick 3 or Pick 4. The number that can cause a problem is 0, zero. In our research, we have found that using zero can create a bias toward a Determinant value of 0. For this reason, it is best to add 1 to each Pick 3 or Pick 4 number so they are transformed from 0 through 9 to 1 through 10. This will create a more useful Determinant value to work with.

It turns out that a Determinant value of 0 is the most frequent value obtained from working the equation. Even with the individual numbers transformed from 0-9 to 1-10, the resulting Determinant with the greatest occurrence is 0 and every other value decreases in frequency from there for both positive and negative Determinants. Also, the frequency is symmetrical for positive and negative numbers. This means a positive Determinant value will have the same frequency as it's negative valued counterpart. As an example, the frequency of a Determinant 1 will have the same frequency as the Determinant -1.

We have already done the all the possible Determinant outcomes for every possible three set combination. There is in fact a total of 1 Billion possible ways to plug in a 3 x 3 matrix with ten different numbers; either 0-9 or 1-10. The frequency table for Pick 3 Determinants based on a 0-9 to 1-10 transformation set can be downloaded as Text or as an Excel sheet here, Text - Pick 3 Matrix Counts or Excel - Pick 3 Matrix Counts.

So, how does this work for picking numbers. Well, if we use the previous listing, we can see that when we advance the matrix one more draw down, we now have two of the previous draws and the unknown future picks. Example listing below.

First we need to add 1 to our Pick 3 numbers so the example has no zeros in it.

-5  1+10+13+1 
    -4  4+15+15+1 
    -3  7+13+12+1 
    -2  8+16+16+1 
    -1  1+13+17+1 
    0  2+16+11+1 

The example draw listing now becomes the following.

-5 214    
    -4 544    
    -3  843    -39
    -2 977   -1
    -1é248ù  58
    0ê372ú  -278
    1ëxyzû=

D3

At this point, you can get a little glimpse of what is going to happen next. Since part of the Determinant equation is already known by the previous draws, 0 and -1, all that is needed is a way to find some reasonable values for x, y, z and D3. The first thing that can be done is to plug in all the possible values for x, y and z to make a list of all the possible Determinants that can occur for the last two draws. There are only 1,000 x y z combinations to deal with for this example. Next, we can now use the Pick 3 Matrix Counts to select the best set of x y z combinations that are much more likely to be picked based on the Pick 3 Matrix Counts table. The more frequent the Determinant is the more likely that x y z combination is likely to hit.

When you look at the Pick 3 Matrix Counts table, you'll see that the highest frequency Determinants occur near 0. Also, if you were to graph the table it would look like the following.

So, now we need a way to select the best Determinant values. There are two ways to do this: 1 - Use a Classical method of an equal range above and below the 0 Determinant, 2 - Use a Quantum method based on a previous topic we posted a while back called, Random Number Transforms - Normal Distribution.

Time to let you munch on this a bit...  will continue in a bit...

You are very welcome Doug !

Good Luck Lep

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
      The Quantum Master
      West Concord, MN
      United States
      Member #21
      December 7, 2001
      3675 Posts
      Posted: January 4, 2009, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

Hi JADELottery,

I truly appreciate your shaing this great system with us.  I am now checking out the Pick 4 and need your expertise to assist me.  The results for straight plays superset is 3,778, the next category is 500, the next is 490 and the last is 262. 

How can I use your system to produce less numbers?

Thank You...JS...

JS,

It would help if you could include your settings: Selection Type, Selection Method, Method Parameter, and Last Selected Numbers. This will help us understand the results you are getting.

For now, we can help in guiding you through the list boxes on the right of the settings. Each list box you see are some suggested numbers to play. When you do decided to play, you typically only use one of the list boxes to play as your selection. Each of the list boxes are titled at the top as: Straight Plays Superset, Straight and/or Boxed Plays, Boxed Plays with Duplicates, and Boxed Plays no Duplicates.

We also posted near the beginning of this topic on how to use the earlier version of this program.

Below is a list of steps and brief explanations of what to do and look for.

1. Select a game - Pick 3 or Pick 4

This program only works with Pick 3 and Pick 4 games.

2. Next choose a Selection Type - Fixed or Float

The Selection Type is a kind of distribution pattern that is found in the whole set of drawn numbers, Fixed, and the potential set of drawn numbers, Float. The Fixed type as it suggest, is fixed relative to the analyzed sample set of all previously drawn numbers. The Float type moves relative to the potential set of possible outcomes.

3. Next choose a Selection Method - Classic or Quantum

The Classic method is a range based picking method that looks for numbers in the highest probable part of the distribution pattern for either Fixed or Float. The Quantum method is a plays based pick method that simulates a random selection of the either the fixed or float distributions. The Quantum method uses the Random Number Transforms - Normal Distribution to arrive at a potential pick. This is a topic I've posted and has VB Code to generate the random numbers.

4. Chose a value for the Method Parameter

This value is either Range Based or Plays Based depending on the Classic or Quantum selection method. The Classic method is Range Based; the larger the number the more plays (combos) that are selected. The number of plays (combos) is dependent on distribution and the range of highest potential numbers that could occur. A value of 0 to 10 is ideal, but you can set to higher values to get more results. The number of plays (combos) that are selected by the Classic method is not tweakable to the play (combo) quantity. For tweaking selected numbers to the play (combo) selection level, use the Quantum Method. This starts at a value of 1 and can be tweaked to some or all possible outcomes and a set of playable numbers (combos). The Quantum method will however pick duplicate Straight numbers (combos) and this is normal. The Quantum selection is picking using the Random Number Transforms and can pick the same numbers (combos) because of the higher probability that number (combo) is at. A value of 1 to 30 is ideal, but you can go as high as 500 for Pick 3 and 5000 for Pick 4.

5. Input your lottery's last drawn numbers

Input your state lottery's last drawn numbers (combos) in ascending chronological order, oldest first. Oldest first is indicated by -1 Draw for Pick 3 or -2 Draw for Pick 4.

6. Click the Get Numbers button

Tada, you got your numbers on the right. Each listing is labeled at the top; Straight and/or Boxed Plays, Boxed Plays with Duplicates and Boxed Play no Duplicates. The first listing, Straight Boxed, will have duplicates depending on your selection method. Play these as Straight and/or Boxed as you see fit. The second listing, Boxed with Duplicates, is the reduced plays (combos) from the first listing to a simple Boxed form. This listing will have duplicates because it's derived from the Straight plays (combos). Example, if the first listing has 0 1 2 and 1 0 2, then the second listing will have 0 1 2 and 0 1 2 because 1 0 2 reduces to a simple boxed form of 0 1 2. The third listing, Boxed Plays no Duplicates, takes the second listing and removes any duplicate plays (combos). From the last example, 0 1 2 and 0 1 2, the extra 0 1 2 is removed and lists just 0 1 2.
          A the bottom of each listing is the quantity of plays (combos) possible to occur. You can also copy each individual listing to the Clipboard to Paste into another program or text editor.

There are some instances where you'll not get a listing of plays (combos). I'm aware of it and I'm working on it, but this should not prevent you from getting numbers for any reasonable random lottery drawing. Just keep playing around with the program and have fun. Play responsible and reasonable, also. I don't want anyone to go broke using this program; use your head and available knowledge to make a sensible playing decision.

Also, there are some selectable options in the Method Parameter that can be used. They are Range Hybrid* and Superset Fold. For now, all we can say is they alter the way the Determinants are used to select number combinations. We'll just leave it at that. Try them out and see what happens.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
      Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
      Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
      Knowledge is Beyond Belief
      Wisdom is Not Censored
      Douglas Paul Smallish
      Jehocifer

North Carolina
        United States
        Member #4313
        April 11, 2004
        2389 Posts
        Posted: January 4, 2009, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Jade...Love this toy!!! Thanks for sharing!Wink

Gentlespirit
        'Be Loving and Peaceful'Blue Angel

United States
          Member #67870
          December 7, 2008
          154 Posts
          Posted: January 4, 2009, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Wonderful explanation Jade, thanks for posting.

Jade, would having a running D3 average at every draw help any?

I mean, rather than by selecting an equal range above and below zero under classical method 1, if the running (up to date)

determinant average was high, would it not help any to go ahead and only select from the negative

determinant possibilities?  Or can the [running average] value of the determinant stay non-zero for too long of a period to help in this manner?

The Quantum Master
            West Concord, MN
            United States
            Member #21
            December 7, 2001
            3675 Posts
            Posted: January 4, 2009, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Jade...Love this toy!!! Thanks for sharing!Wink

Thanks, glad to help.

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
            Douglas Paul Smallish
            Jehocifer

The Quantum Master
              West Concord, MN
              United States
              Member #21
              December 7, 2001
              3675 Posts
              Posted: January 4, 2009, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Wonderful explanation Jade, thanks for posting.

Jade, would having a running D3 average at every draw help any?

I mean, rather than by selecting an equal range above and below zero under classical method 1, if the running (up to date)

determinant average was high, would it not help any to go ahead and only select from the negative

determinant possibilities?  Or can the [running average] value of the determinant stay non-zero for too long of a period to help in this manner?

Yes, you are correct about using the Determinants in other ways like you suggested. We tried to keep the current version of this program snipit as simple as possible. We are considering on doing just what you described on using average and using only positive or negative sides of the Determinants. There are other methods of selection that you could do and it may help with selecting. For now, we'll just keep it as simple as possible to not confuse some people. Great suggestion.

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
              Douglas Paul Smallish
              Jehocifer

United States
                Member #67870
                December 7, 2008
                154 Posts
                Posted: January 4, 2009, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

how can I download it? I tried the links in the beginning, but they go to a page that said they shut down or something?

The Quantum Master
                  West Concord, MN
                  United States
                  Member #21
                  December 7, 2001
                  3675 Posts
                  Posted: January 4, 2009, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

how can I download it? I tried the links in the beginning, but they go to a page that said they shut down or something?

That's an A-HOLE-L thing.

The files can be downloaded at the following links.

http://home.mchsi.com/~jadelottery/Downloads/JADEP3P4S.EXE

http://home.mchsi.com/~jadelottery/Downloads/JADEP3P4S.ZIP

The links below are for an alternate version that does not have a progress bar.

Some have had problems with the progress bar running on their computer.

http://home.mchsi.com/~jadelottery/Downloads/JADEP3P4SALT.EXE

http://home.mchsi.com/~jadelottery/Downloads/JADEP3P4SALT.ZIP

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
                  Douglas Paul Smallish
                  Jehocifer

branchville sc
                    United States
                    Member #68156
                    December 14, 2008
                    5 Posts
                    Posted: January 4, 2009, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

how do you down load it  when you go to link it said it close

The Quantum Master
                      West Concord, MN
                      United States
                      Member #21
                      December 7, 2001
                      3675 Posts
                      Posted: January 4, 2009, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

how do you down load it  when you go to link it said it close

if you unzip the files correctly, it put the program in a folder named 'JADE P3 P4 Selector'. there you will find the program 'JADE Pick 3 4 Selector'.

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
                      Douglas Paul Smallish
                      Jehocifer

branchville sc
                        United States
                        Member #68156
                        December 14, 2008
                        5 Posts
                        Posted: January 4, 2009, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

i got it this time but how do it work

The Quantum Master
                          West Concord, MN
                          United States
                          Member #21
                          December 7, 2001
                          3675 Posts
                          Posted: January 4, 2009, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

i got it this time but how do it work

read through this topic. it's been posted several times.

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
                          Douglas Paul Smallish
                          Jehocifer

branchville sc
                            United States
                            Member #68156
                            December 14, 2008
                            5 Posts
                            Posted: January 4, 2009, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

jade dont wont to be dum but how to get to that post

The Quantum Master
                              West Concord, MN
                              United States
                              Member #21
                              December 7, 2001
                              3675 Posts
                              Posted: January 4, 2009, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

jade dont wont to be dum but how to get to that post

Don't know what else to say.

It's point-click-read.

Eventually you'll come across the post.

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
                              Douglas Paul Smallish
                              Jehocifer

Page 10 of 13