Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Im Going Green When I Hit Powerball

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 9 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Raven62's avatar - binary
New Jersey
United States
Member #17843
June 28, 2005
49835 Posts
Posted: May 4, 2008, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

I'm sick of rising energy costs so I'm going totally green and building a nice house with solar energy, wind energy, wood burners, fireplaces, energy star appliances & windows, isonene foam insulation, etc.  On top of that Im getting myself an electric car. 

Whats Big Oil gonna do when we actually start to put a true effort into developing electric and other types of cars that don't use oil?  HATE HATE HATE OIL.  This economy is also killing my future interest earnings.  LOL @ 2.5% money market accounts. 

:end rant

If you're serious about going Green: Why wait to hit a Big Jackpot to start going Green?

Their are many things that can be done NOW to move in that direction without spending much more than your current spending patterns.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: May 5, 2008, 12:49 am - IP Logged

The worst threat ever to the United states i feel (actually i don't feel because i know i am right), the worst threat to the United States is not Terrorism or Global Warming....The Worse threat to the United States is: OIL/PETROLEUM..And the Spread of Nuclear weapons and of course World WAr 3...I don't think i am correct, i know i am correct...Terrorism is the worse threat to the WORLD but not to the U.S....

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: May 8, 2008, 1:14 am - IP Logged

I am buying me one of those compressed air cars from Tata motors when i hit the powerball...

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
        A long and winding road
        United States
        Member #17084
        June 10, 2005
        4533 Posts
        Posted: May 8, 2008, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

My applaud to the poster who is making this decision. Its been a goal of mine prior to the *IN TO BE GREEN THINKING*.

Perhaps its from not liking the waste that is so prevelent in this country yet so thwarted in countries that have learned to conserve under the means of there government. One can survive and live a decent life without all the waste that does pollute the environment.

Yes a person can survive without electricity and can survive without oil. Many nations have proven this.

Yes a person can actually have a house that is SOLELY independent of electrical companys , oil companys, sewer taxes and local taxes and water bills. It called a hut  on an island somewhere, which is fine by me !

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
          Portland,Oregon
          United States
          Member #14387
          April 25, 2005
          229 Posts
          Posted: May 9, 2008, 1:00 am - IP Logged

Why wait until you win a jackpot to go green? Do it now, save money, and have more to spend on lottery tickets!  I bought a Prius 2 years ago ... I have filled the tank on that car 26 times since I bought it (yes I drive it all over the place!).  With my old car it would have been at least 3x times that number of fill ups.  Just the savings on gas alone makes it possible for me to buy $40-60 more in lottery tickets each month .... so more chances to win!

As for "It called a hut  on an island somewhere" .... LOL I know people who live in Portland Oregon ... middle of the city ... who live "off the grid" (gee Todd if I'd known you were going to be in the neighborhood I'd have offered to take you to dinner).  Treehuggers or not ... it's not difficult to do ... and does not require winning a lottery jackpot to accomplish it.  While I'm not 100% "green" yet I'm probably 62% Green laugh

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/04/is-living-off-grid-right-for-you.php

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5124 Posts
            Posted: May 10, 2008, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

I'm sick of rising energy costs so I'm going totally green and building a nice house with solar energy, wind energy, wood burners, fireplaces, energy star appliances & windows, isonene foam insulation, etc.  On top of that Im getting myself an electric car. 

Whats Big Oil gonna do when we actually start to put a true effort into developing electric and other types of cars that don't use oil?  HATE HATE HATE OIL.  This economy is also killing my future interest earnings.  LOL @ 2.5% money market accounts. 

:end rant

Rant.........................GeeeeeeeeeeeeeWHIZZZZZZZZZZ<<<<<<

Destined  Did you all of a sudden hit a JACKPOT $$$$$$$  ???????

ALL the above STUFF cost a LOTTA money >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IF UR answer is NO to the above question ????????????????????????

start saving for that electric car>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NOW!!!!

and HOPEFULLY U will GET all that other STUFF in LIFE >>>>> LATER!!

BUT, & U all know about PSYKOMO & his >> BUTT

U may B an OLD person No Pity!

by the time U get ALL D STUFF in UR >>>"LIFE" ????????????????????

and the oil companies will still OWN all of the things U still HATE!!!

L@@K for the commericial on TV.........if U watch TV ?????????????????

BP.......the BIG OIL.......already OWN's all the STUFF U LIKEPoke

LOL     >>>>>>>>>>>> WIN a JACKPOT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> S@@N$

PSYKOMO

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5124 Posts
              Posted: May 10, 2008, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

I have to agree with Todd on this one... Our real problem is Congress will never approve to change anything, because they are the folks that own the majority stake in the oil companies - Why would they vote against their own companies they otherwise have a vested interest in? - Pogo

BUT, & don't worry <<<<<

there is alway's a BUTT out there >>>>>>>>>>  somewhere?

YES,.......it is our gal>>>>>>> "HILLIARY" o!o

she is going to turn GREEN w/ ENNNNVEY...........(When)

O'BAMA get's "IT" !!!!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO

DC81's avatar - batman39
                MI
                United States
                Member #54830
                August 31, 2007
                985 Posts
                Posted: May 10, 2008, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

I'd "go green" too if only it didn't take 10-20 years to recover the cost of doing so, if you ever do. I'd love to buy a Tesla Roadster but even if I was able to afford one I'd still be looking at the cost of it verses whether or not I'd save anything (money wise) by doing so. But at $100,000+ it'd be more of a purchase of because I think it's nice to look at and fun to drive and not to save money or the environment. You'd be better off buying a less cool looking Prius for less than a quarter of the price because even if you drive it for 20 years, averaging 20,000 miles a year with gas, even at a average price of $5 per gallon (it'll probably go higher I know) you'd still spend less all together than the $100,000 for the Tesla Roadster and with what would be left over probably could go in part, to the maintenance and upkeep of the vehicle and it's not like the Roadster would be maintenance free either... Though, if you have millions of dollars, I doubt you'll stick with the same vehicle anyway. Oh and I know I didn't factor in the issue of a car getting worse mileage as it gets older or the replacing of the batteries in a hybrid, the roadster would have this issue also. I'd probably have three vehicles, one could be a flashy sports car looking vehicle like the Tesla Roadster that I could use every day, then a good hybrid if I need the room and I'll be going further than what the Roadster would limit me to and a bigger vehicle (hybrid or not, depends on if it's worth it) for when I need the space.

This is something I'd love to really have to consider for real and be able to actually act upon. Thumbs Up

You can't predict random.

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: May 11, 2008, 1:38 am - IP Logged

also when i hit powerball if i do, i am going to get me a system to keep the lights on at night ALL NIGHT, because i don't like been in a house and the house been dark, even if is at 4am in the morning...During the day i will not need to turn the lights on well maybe 1 or 2....If this mean getting me a couple of special lamps or bulbs that save energy then i willl...The light in my room i will turn them off but the light of the inside house will remain on even if is 4am in the morning...

up to this day i still don't know why they keep the street light post bulbs yellow instead of white to brighten up the night...This is the same scenario across the world...