Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PLEASE READ: About Idiot Spammers

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Todd.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5120 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2008, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

Indeed.

I Agree!Puke

"DON't SPAM the HOUSE"Puke

It ain't made of GLA$$ Drum

LOL

PSYKOMO

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: May 17, 2008, 9:50 am - IP Logged

It seems that those spammers wait till Todd isn't around to post. They are very annoying. I do however report them when I see them.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5583 Posts
      Posted: May 17, 2008, 10:31 am - IP Logged

It seems that those spammers wait till Todd isn't around to post. They are very annoying. I do however report them when I see them.

Stupid is as stupid does, they are on it today. I think they've hit every forum today. People don't be fooled by these claims of guaranteed money.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
        Kunming
        China
        Member #57910
        January 23, 2008
        3626 Posts
        Posted: May 17, 2008, 10:35 am - IP Logged

Stupid is as stupid does, they are on it today. I think they've hit every forum today. People don't be fooled by these claims of guaranteed money.

I thought that the moment anybody tries to type in a link of that type it would block and ban them. There has been more and more of these obvious spammers. Some even with the same names.

Play to win!

Sandra Dee's avatar - dandy
          Bayonne
          United States
          Member #61147
          May 13, 2008
          129 Posts
          Posted: May 17, 2008, 10:47 am - IP Logged

not for nothing, jackpotismine, but that page of yours is preeety busy .. i was about to report you, then i saw your lifetime membership credentials

Noel

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
            Kunming
            China
            Member #57910
            January 23, 2008
            3626 Posts
            Posted: May 17, 2008, 11:04 am - IP Logged

not for nothing, jackpotismine, but that page of yours is preeety busy .. i was about to report you, then i saw your lifetime membership credentials

Noel

I know. It's time to go on a diet!Green laugh

Play to win!

Sunny California
              United States
              Member #40295
              May 31, 2006
              7712 Posts
              Posted: May 17, 2008, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

My God,these creeps are here everyday,it's turned into an epidemic! What's going on?

By the way,LOL jackpot! Try South Beach!

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #1303
                March 27, 2003
                1508 Posts
                Posted: May 17, 2008, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

I must have reported more than a half- dozen spam posts today.  Worst I've ever seen.  One dummy even , I think, mentioned you could make 3 million dollars a day -- so he/she must think the members of this site are all morons.  That is a personal insult to each of us.

I mentioned to Todd it was like a frontal assault by a spam army.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23262 Posts
                  Posted: May 17, 2008, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

I must have reported more than a half- dozen spam posts today.  Worst I've ever seen.  One dummy even , I think, mentioned you could make 3 million dollars a day -- so he/she must think the members of this site are all morons.  That is a personal insult to each of us.

I mentioned to Todd it was like a frontal assault by a spam army.

There were a total of seven messages I deleted today.  Do you think that was really a lot?  Granted, the normal amount that is able to get past my spam filter is zero, but I can't see it being a catastrophe.

If you go to most other forums on the Internet, you would see many of these spam messages posted every day.  The only reason I pay so much attention to it myself is that I loath these snakes who are specifically posting to a lottery forum, hoping to prey on people who are down on their luck, looking for inspiration.  That's just plain evil.

I'm working on some code (to be installed this week) that should put the squeeze on this particular moron pretty quickly.  This rotten spammer will not last much longer, if I have anything to do about it.

HOWEVER, don't get too bent out of shape when you see his garbage.  Remember that the only reason it stands out so much is that you're used to seeing zero spam here, which is uncommon among Internet forums.  Just click the Report Abuse link and happy forget about it.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #1303
                    March 27, 2003
                    1508 Posts
                    Posted: May 17, 2008, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

There were a total of seven messages I deleted today.  Do you think that was really a lot?  Granted, the normal amount that is able to get past my spam filter is zero, but I can't see it being a catastrophe.

If you go to most other forums on the Internet, you would see many of these spam messages posted every day.  The only reason I pay so much attention to it myself is that I loath these snakes who are specifically posting to a lottery forum, hoping to prey on people who are down on their luck, looking for inspiration.  That's just plain evil.

I'm working on some code (to be installed this week) that should put the squeeze on this particular moron pretty quickly.  This rotten spammer will not last much longer, if I have anything to do about it.

HOWEVER, don't get too bent out of shape when you see his garbage.  Remember that the only reason it stands out so much is that you're used to seeing zero spam here, which is uncommon among Internet forums.  Just click the Report Abuse link and happy forget about it.

Exactly, Todd.  It's that we are used to seeing zero spam.  That makes most stand out when its posted.  The reason I report every one I find is exactly because I also detest spammers.  They are unscrupulous bottom-feeders, looking to take advantage of the gullible.

And yes, other forums can get littered with spam.  They don't have moderators that take care of things, or perhaps have moderators that don't care. I usually leave such forums when I can see that the moderator doesn't care about spam. Because you are the exact opposite, I try and keep alert and report it when I see it.  My comments were in no way disparaging towards LP, if that's how you perceived them.  I appreciate that you have the desire and capability for running a clean website.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23262 Posts
                      Posted: May 17, 2008, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Thanks very much!  Nope, I didn't take the comments that way at all. 

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                        Member #24380
                        October 21, 2005
                        623 Posts
                        Posted: May 20, 2008, 1:28 am - IP Logged

This website is SUPERIOR.  You have put a lot of work into it.  A novice webmaster or maybe web site builder, whatever the proper name would be, could really benefit from studying the functionality of this site.  It is just awesome.  It shows that much though and work went into developing and maintaining this site.  Thanks Todd, for sharing your genius with us!

Idesire$'s avatar - Lottery-025.jpg
                          Ellenwood,Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #60512
                          April 21, 2008
                          471 Posts
                          Posted: May 20, 2008, 3:35 am - IP Logged

The last thing you should do when someone posts spam on the forums is to reply to the post.

Don't reply to any topic posted by a spammer.

The only thing that you're doing by replying to it is bumping it up in the forums.  That is exactly what that idiot wants.

The only correct action to take is to click the "Report Abuse" link that appears on the bottom of the post.

Please DO click that link for each post made by a spammer.  It is a very simple process, and takes just a moment to do.

If you are making several reports of the same person, do not feel the need to type a detailed note to me when reporting the spam.  The most important thing is that you're reporting it, and the report I get includes a direct link to the post, so I can easily find the spam.

By clicking the link on each spam post you come across, that will ensure that I find them all.  For example, if you stumble upon 5 different spam posts, but you only report the first one, then I may not find the other four.

Thanks everyone for your help in eliminating spam.

Don't worry, I'll get rid of this guy, just like I did 3 or 4 months ago (it's the same jerk).  It just takes some time for me to observe him and then crush his access.  Just keep clicking that Report Abuse link when you find spam.

Thanks a Million Wink

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23262 Posts
                            Posted: May 20, 2008, 10:10 am - IP Logged

This website is SUPERIOR.  You have put a lot of work into it.  A novice webmaster or maybe web site builder, whatever the proper name would be, could really benefit from studying the functionality of this site.  It is just awesome.  It shows that much though and work went into developing and maintaining this site.  Thanks Todd, for sharing your genius with us!

Whew -- thanks! Big Grin