Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Any Lp member considering writing a book ? when and where ?

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 9 years ago by wboricua98.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
mississippi
United States
Member #34478
March 3, 2006
5906 Posts
Posted: May 26, 2008, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

There are some LP members who have had the book thrown at them. LOL

Pac, I like your prologue.  Well done!  How about a Danielle Steel type novel? 

With tears in her eyes, her heart beating rapidly, she rushed to the convenient store and handed the clerk the ticket.  "Please check my numbers, she said in a whisper."   Her small hands were hot and sweaty.  As he took the ticket from her fingers, a spark passed through them and, for a moment, her entire body tingled with excitement.  She watched his sweaty, muscular body slowly approach the terminal and, as he scanned her ticket, she felt as if he was reading her mind and looking into her soul.  "Can he sense my desperation?  Does he know about the long nights I sat at my computer searching for a winning system?" Her thoughts danced wildly and then it happened. The clerk turned around and began to walk back to her..and she knew. 

Justxploring..hahaha..I love to read your stuff..

as far as writing a book is concerned..my answer would be no..I have decided against ever writing a book ..I am not looking to destoy the games we all love to play..Only make them fair to the public!!!

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10389 Posts
    Posted: May 26, 2008, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Assuming everyone is talking about a book about hitting a jackpot, I think any such book would have to have a credibility factor.

Written by someone who has never won a jackpot, no matter how much research they did, the book would be nothing but conjecture, on other words, no credibility.

On the other hand, people who have won a jackpot are probably way too busy doing other things, and in the long run, since they've won a jackpot, how much could the book bring in?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Sunny California
      United States
      Member #40295
      May 31, 2006
      7713 Posts
      Posted: May 26, 2008, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

There is nothing wrong with writing a book to help people,that's how I look at it. If someone did a lot of research and wrote a book on the lottery even though they didn't win the jackpot,I would read it. I don't think just because you've won a jackpot makes you an expert,sometimes it's just dumb luck. People are going to gamble whether or not they know what they're doing,it's just too much temptation. The thing that bothers me is that I don't like to see people play "uninformed". Judging from talking with players buying tickets at my local mom and pop store or in the past when I used to sell them,I can't believe how many "clueless" players there really are. So,yes,I am writing a book and even though I'm no big "winner", I do my research and if it can help even one person then I did my job. 

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
        mississippi
        United States
        Member #34478
        March 3, 2006
        5906 Posts
        Posted: May 26, 2008, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Very well put Lottolaughs...

That is what makes us the EXPERTS..not Mathematicians...we study RANDOM everyday..Mathematicians are always trying to balance an equation..they will write out one problem that can fill up 10 chalkboards just to balance one equation..that is the way I see it anyway..seems like they are trying to solve for a constant or finding a constant to solve their equation..

LOTTERY PLAYERS like all of us here at LP knows more about Random than any mathematician on this planet..HANDS DOWN..

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

EZMoney's avatar - weedss04lx1

United States
          Member #415
          June 22, 2002
          418 Posts
          Posted: May 26, 2008, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

I have came accross some talented and some gifted individuals here on lp and would like to know if any of you considering writing a book . When are you going to do that ?  

Thank you for the kind words.  I will be writing a book within the next couple years, prob before 2010.

Sandra Dee's avatar - dandy
            Bayonne
            United States
            Member #61147
            May 13, 2008
            129 Posts
            Posted: May 26, 2008, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

^^^ to the "NOOB" above me, don't quit your day job and ask for three pills instead of two at your next scheduled pill time ........ *speaking to the sane Lp members, 'is dude serious?'* Ponder

EZMoney's avatar - weedss04lx1

United States
              Member #415
              June 22, 2002
              418 Posts
              Posted: May 26, 2008, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

^^^ to the "NOOB" above me, don't quit your day job and ask for three pills instead of two at your next scheduled pill time ........ *speaking to the sane Lp members, 'is dude serious?'* Ponder

Ive been a member here while you were still in your training bra.  Watchu talkin bout Miss?

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
                Member #33588
                February 22, 2006
                2068 Posts
                Posted: May 28, 2008, 12:25 am - IP Logged

oh boy its a cat fight in here psykomo come break the fight. Lol

Sandra Dee's avatar - dandy
                  Bayonne
                  United States
                  Member #61147
                  May 13, 2008
                  129 Posts
                  Posted: May 28, 2008, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

oh boy its a cat fight in here psykomo come break the fight. Lol

ha!! if you're sending him in here for us then YOU better stick around to translate for me .. even babelfish can't help me when starts talking ..

as for the book, someone should write book but i'm thinking fun, sarcastic and silly .. the technical ones aren't interesting, i need someone to come up with a unique perspective on the lottery and numbers, then i'll buy Thumbs Up

United States
                    Member #6844
                    September 11, 2004
                    3 Posts
                    Posted: May 28, 2008, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Yep, wrote a book, o'course did not mention anything

about calling relatives and giving to them numbers that

hit same week or same day; got lot of systems that

are arranged in excel, access, lot of computers programs

to get at least a pattern to start.  Nothing beat the

pencil; why I have not get any big $$$ yet....because

by been conservative with $$$, millions of dollars have

run away from my pockets. Been thinking in writing all

the information, but like others waiting for the bit hit.

Since I started in this 3 years ago, not am impulsive

gambler, but more another person that is crazy about

how numbers interact coincentally each day. Not

such thing as coincidence.