Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

understanding , posting on time.

Topic closed. 51 replies. Last post 8 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
Illinois
United States
Member #46704
September 23, 2006
3692 Posts
Posted: May 29, 2008, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

Michigan

Statistic  Current     

Pick 3

Picks969
Hits16
    Hit Ratio1.65%
Winnings$1,260
    Prize Ratio   130.03%

Wink

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1953 Posts
    Posted: May 29, 2008, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

All the predictions on the prediction board are at least an hour before the drawings which give most players at least 45 minutes to play them.

I thought I remembered there was a few times I posted Powerball predictions 15 minutes before the drawing. I guess it was longer than that though. 45 minutes just gives me even more credibility in my argument though. If others want to play my predictions, they have the time to do it. I mean, if they REALLY REALLY want to play my numbers, then they shouldn't let 45 minutes bother them because for me to post the numbers at all is completely voluntary. I would be annoyed too if someone messaged me telling me I was selfish because they don't like the time I post my predictions. I'm not a kid. I'll post when I want.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Virginia
      United States
      Member #41886
      June 24, 2006
      500 Posts
      Posted: May 29, 2008, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes I post late because I have to clear away work on my desk first or I am called away from my desk to do something.

I dont think all LP members intentionally post late because they are selfish and dont want anyone else to win.

Over here NY cut off time is 12pm and If I post after 12 that doesnt mean Im trying to hog up the number for myself.

Sometimes we have to be ahead of the game and start our own work out and not wait on LP members to post, of course it helps to see what other people are playing.

If someone posts after the cut of time and thier number(s) comes I am STILL going to give them congrads.

Lets be real here now, If someone posts 10 of their favorite numbers do we as LP members play all 10? more than likely we are going to pick our favorite and go from there and if we picked the wrong one are we going to blame them? NO right.

Take Care and Good Luck !

I Agree!

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: May 29, 2008, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

I post after getting my plays in online or after doing a workout and determing what I think may come. If it is after a dead line, too bad so sad, I didn't nor don't intend it that way.  It is just life.

Not getting in a winning number isn't the end of the world.

Do your own workouts as suggest by the predictors and you will be getting your numbers in before posting as well.  good luck

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49725 Posts
          Posted: May 29, 2008, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

I thought I remembered there was a few times I posted Powerball predictions 15 minutes before the drawing. I guess it was longer than that though. 45 minutes just gives me even more credibility in my argument though. If others want to play my predictions, they have the time to do it. I mean, if they REALLY REALLY want to play my numbers, then they shouldn't let 45 minutes bother them because for me to post the numbers at all is completely voluntary. I would be annoyed too if someone messaged me telling me I was selfish because they don't like the time I post my predictions. I'm not a kid. I'll post when I want.

What's being discussed is posting predictions in the Forums after the drawing has occurred and published: If you posted Predictions in Maddogs PowerBall Jackpot Challenge after the Drawing has Occurred your predictions wouldn't be considered for that Drawing.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19825 Posts
            Posted: May 29, 2008, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

What's being discussed is posting predictions in the Forums after the drawing has occurred and published: If you posted Predictions in Maddogs PowerBall Jackpot Challenge after the Drawing has Occurred your predictions wouldn't be considered for that Drawing.

Players who post for a drawing after it's over are not posting predictions but the results of the drawings.  They should be right 100% of the time and some players may be disappointed if they mistake their posts as  predictions. 

There use to be a member from China named Goose who post predictions in the forums using China time and date which was a day late in the U.S. and he alway won a jackpot or came close.  He got on a lot of people nerves too until he got on Todd's nerves and lost his membership.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
              Indiana
              United States
              Member #48725
              January 7, 2007
              1953 Posts
              Posted: May 29, 2008, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

I was referring to the prediction board.

Gonna win.Big Smile

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8360 Posts
                Posted: May 29, 2008, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

I was referring to the prediction board.

The prediction board is set to a default time. You have a limited amount of time before a drawing to post your selections for that draw and predictions posted after the default time will appear for the next drawing you selected.

I'm sure Todd could explain it it detail.

Just a short note to all Todd created the predictions boards to avoid the confusion of posters posting numbers in the forums and conflicting with the drawing times. While there is no rule that says posters cant post outside the prediction board (on the forums). It certainly would be a good idea for posters to post picks in a timely manner and if they post them after the draw well it's moot. Doesn't count for anything.  

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                  Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7308 Posts
                  Posted: May 29, 2008, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

Players who post for a drawing after it's over are not posting predictions but the results of the drawings.  They should be right 100% of the time and some players may be disappointed if they mistake their posts as  predictions. 

There use to be a member from China named Goose who post predictions in the forums using China time and date which was a day late in the U.S. and he alway won a jackpot or came close.  He got on a lot of people nerves too until he got on Todd's nerves and lost his membership.

The only value with past posting is bragging rights because the lottery won't sell you a ticket after the drawing. Credibility becomes an issue when people continue to brag about predicting numbers when we all know they probably saw the results. Calling them on it is just as useless unless we want to discuss the top ten excuses for not posting on time.

We can just sit back and rolls our eyes at the gullible people that congratulate them for predicting a number(s) when it's so obvious the results were known.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23262 Posts
                    Posted: May 29, 2008, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

He was banned not because of an annoying way of posting predictions, but because he was rude and offensive.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23262 Posts
                      Posted: May 29, 2008, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

On the topic of posting predictions to the forums, I will post a private message that I sent to two people here (slightly edited).

I have not heard back from either person, even though they've both read it, so my guess is that it did not satisfy either person, even though I took a good deal of my time to put together a thoughtful note.  (It always makes me wonder if I should just ignore these issues in the future.)

My slightly edited private message:

There are two places where people normally post predictions.

The preferred place is the predictions board, which has some strict rules about posting times — the cutoff time is one hour before the drawing, and the system enforces the cutoff.  There are many benefits to posting on the predictions board, the integrity of the numbers being one of them.  Another big benefit is that the predictions are automatically checked by the system after each drawing, and statistics on every person are tallied.

The second place people post predictions is the forums.  I don't encourage people to post predictions in the forums, but it is certainly allowed.  The problem with posting in the forums is that there are no strict rules and no system controls to ensure people aren't posting numbers after the drawing, etc.

In the forums, some people maintain threads that are specific to certain states, which makes it nice for people trying to find discussion pertaining to one particular state.

The person starting the thread will normally state if they are starting the thread with any particular guidelines that they would ask people to follow.  For example, some people start contest threads in which they ask everyone to post one number.  If someone posted 10 numbers every time, that's just not nice (poor netiquette), and if they continued doing it even when asked not to, the thread might have to be moderated.

There are no strict rules in place for this kind of thing; I have to moderate the forums based on my sense of the person's intent more than anything else.  In other words, if I think the person is doing something to purposely upset the apple cart, I will do something.

Some people don't necessarily post in order to give people numbers to play, in the strict sense.  Maybe they just want to document what they actually played, or some other reason.

Posting after the drawing is pretty bad, but posting numbers a few minutes before the drawing can be OK, again depending on the thread and the intent.

To be fair to the opposite point of view, it is also important to be respectful of the way in which people are posting to a thread.  If it's pretty clear that everyone is posting in a certain way, it's not real friendly to do something in a different way.

My suggestions?

First, my sympathy level is lower for issues regarding predictions posted to the forums, since I do not recommend it.  The best place to post predictions is the predictions board, which completely eliminates these types of issues.

Second, I always recommend being respectful of the flow of any long-running thread, such as the state-by-state threads in the Pick 3 forum.  There is no rule about posting predictions just before the drawing, but if others are not doing that I would always include an explanation in my post that says basically, "Sorry for posting so late, I realize there's no time left to play them, but I just wanted to document these numbers that came to me before the drawing."

Third, when calling someone out for posting something that you feel upsets the flow of the thread, I would start by suggesting what the problem is in the least confrontational way possible, and if it doesn't help after one try, contact me.  Maybe the person is doing something wrong, maybe they're not.  But contacting me earlier can save people from getting in a flame war, and it is hard for people to get along after that happens.  Burning bridges is never a good thing.

I hope this has been helpful, and it's taken that way.  I tried to explain the type of reasoning I go through when I look at these things. 

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
                        Member #33588
                        February 22, 2006
                        2068 Posts
                        Posted: May 29, 2008, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

How are you going to call them selfish for posting late when really them posting at all is completely voluntary? They are taking it upon themself to let you know the numbers they picked. Also, there is no rule that says "You must post your predictions early enough so other members can play them". That's why they feel like you're getting on their nerves; because you are blaming them when they're not doing anything wrong. We're talking about posting on an internet website for crying out loud. Stop pointing fingers. If someone wants to post late enough because the lottery machines are closed, then so be it! It doesn't mean they're selfish either. Just like every other lottery player, I myself would prefer not to share a jackpot. Regardless, I still usually buy my lottery tickets late on the day of the drawing. It's just a habit of mine. Sometimes I'll post my predictions 15 minutes before cut off time, sometimes it's 3 hours, which is STILL enough time for a person here who REALLY wants to play my numbers to play them.

Guru, the understanding is you post your numbers for anyone who would like to play your number get the chance to play on time and may be compliment you for your effort. The point i am making is if you post late we see your numbers but we cannot do anything with it becuase the machines are close.So what sense does it make  it make to post at all for the particular time. Prediction page is best for those late late posters thats all i am saying.

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
                          Member #33588
                          February 22, 2006
                          2068 Posts
                          Posted: May 29, 2008, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

The prediction board is set to a default time. You have a limited amount of time before a drawing to post your selections for that draw and predictions posted after the default time will appear for the next drawing you selected.

I'm sure Todd could explain it it detail.

Just a short note to all Todd created the predictions boards to avoid the confusion of posters posting numbers in the forums and conflicting with the drawing times. While there is no rule that says posters cant post outside the prediction board (on the forums). It certainly would be a good idea for posters to post picks in a timely manner and if they post them after the draw well it's moot. Doesn't count for anything.  

Thank you very much four4me it does'n take a rocket scientist to understand the point i was making. well said.Approve

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                            Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: May 29, 2008, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Bigato1010 - I don't use the prediction board. However, since the lottery is completely random, I always assumed that predictions are for fun and completely voluntary.  Any whims or feelings I have (or even "serious" combinations) never have a guarantee of winning.  Last week, for example, I won 4/5 in Fantasy5 on Tues and 4/6 in Lotto on Wed.  (On paper I actually won a lot more, but to me only real money counts and, as others wrote, it means little after the drawing.)  When I posted on LP after I won $106.50 one night and $78.50 the other, it wasn't for "bragging rights" at all.  In fact, I'd rather not tell anyone, but I always assume that people on LP like to hear when a fellow poster wins a little money, the same way I enjoy hearing about any nice thing that happens to a friend.

There goes that old word again  --  "assume." 

Just one more thing.  Regarding the word "selfish" your post reminded me of my best friend in elementary school who would cheat off my paper.  I once got into trouble because we were both accused by the teacher and I didn't rat on her.  One day I told her I couldn't let her copy my homework any more and she called me selfish.  (actually she used a hate word, but that's a whole other story..probably heard it from her parents or grandparents) 

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                              Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #56506
                              November 21, 2007
                              6537 Posts
                              Posted: May 29, 2008, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

I never knew this was a touchy subject. I can see why some people would be irrated that people post numbers that cannot be played because the time is cut off, but I agree with Todd when he says that if someone says they know the time is cut off, but they want to see how the numbers they play came out, then there should be nothing wrong with that. Plus, it's just a fact of life that not everyone posts numbers for everyone else. Some people post numbers because they want to keep track of what they play and what they hit. I don't think that people should be punished for that. Not everyone posts here for the same reasons.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."