Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Sex Offender Wins$57 Million in Lottery

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 9 years ago by JONNIE.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5146 Posts
Posted: June 20, 2008, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

I don't think anyone "deserves" to win the lottery anymore than anyone else. That's sort of the point of it -- that anyone can win it. But as I posted in the news thread, as a victim of sexual assault myself, I can tell you that the idea that the man who assaulted me (or someone like him) could win millions of dollars and be living the kind of live that I will likely never have makes me sick to my stomach. I'll be honest -- there's a part of me that thinks men like him should be living in the dirt for the rest of their lives, as punishment for what they have done, not living the high life with millions of dollars.

I'm of the opinion that the kind of person who perpetrates an assault like that is never "cured" or rehabilitated, especially when it involves minors. Only a sick mind could think of doing that kind of thing in the first place, and sending them to prison doesn't cure them of that sickness. Yes, they serve their time, but doing so never removes the hurt that they did to their victim(s), and you'll excuse me, I hope, for not caring if they are watched like hawks, and have to register as sex-offenders, etc. for the rest of their lives. If this man actually has "changed" for the good, then he should start atoning for his (what appear to be serious) past crimes by using the money he has won for the better good of his victims and others like them. But I really doubt that will happen.

I Agree!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CW:

When PSYKO & my dog got HIT by LIGHT'n year or so AGO (I was 16) and

BLACKIE was 8 year's old.>>>>>>>>>IT took me about 5-YEAR's to GET

over>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>IT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

YES, the feeling came BACK when thunder & light'g scared psyko to >>>

"DEATH" + 5 year's of "FEAR" !!!

TRUE STORY:

TRANSLATION, >>>>>>>>>LIFE is not alway's EASY >>>>BUT, I "try" 2

LOL

PSYKOMO

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
    Member #24380
    October 21, 2005
    623 Posts
    Posted: June 21, 2008, 1:18 am - IP Logged

I'm thinking the parents of the Child he molested should be meeting with their attorney about now.......

Maybe that Child will benefit from the win as well??

Now his victims can get the help they need.  It is very hard for a child to recover from abuse; especially sexual abuse.  If the winner is the "good guy" that everyone that knows him seems to think he is and he is a church going man, he would not mind at all, paying for the counseling that his victims definitely need.

It is RARE that a sex offender does not offend again.  He could use the money for intense therapy too.  No one likes a sex offender---they are predators of the defenseless!  often they were defenseless at one time and the sickness made them offend others in retaliation for the anger.  It is a sick vicious cycle.

As far as the wins go, it does make one wonder why the "underserving or foolish" win.  Why could I have not won, we ask?  Maybe we were undersing or maybe we would have been foolish and squandered our money away. 

One thing is for certain, this winner will be followed closely.  Will he loose his money in a year; pay for not guilty verdicts; pay to keep his child victims quiet if the parents agree on the price they sold their Child(ren) for sex---yeah, parents do that! as long as the price is right.  He will definitely be followed.  Probably more than Jack Whittaker was.  Will see.

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
      Member #24380
      October 21, 2005
      623 Posts
      Posted: June 21, 2008, 1:21 am - IP Logged

Not just some guy. He is a registered sex offender who got a prison time for attempt to rape.

The sun and the rain are on the just and unjust alike.

DC81's avatar - batman39
        MI
        United States
        Member #54830
        August 31, 2007
        985 Posts
        Posted: June 21, 2008, 2:17 am - IP Logged

*Feels like his posts are getting ignored.*

At this point I'd still say he's no where near as bad as Daniel Snaycertainly should be open to being sued successfully. But I wouldn'twish him Topous well either. I doubt there's going to be any lawsuit when it comes to the girl (she'd be 21 or 22 now) against Fred Topous from the details in a link to a story in a previous post I made. Though the info I read does seem like quite the predator behavior, how many 35 year old men befriend 13 year old girls?! Bosses daughter or not but I doubt it'll happen and if it did he'd probably win or settle if to get it over with quicker and potentially cheaper. I'll post part of the article here related to this.

According to police and court records, Topous, then 35, befriendedthe 13-year-old daughter of his boss. Her mother became suspiciousabout a new boyfriend her daughter would only talk about and calledpolice after she came home with alcohol on her breath, according toGrand Traverse County Sheriff's Department reports.

Topous told investigators the girl and her sister would stop by hisKingsley home periodically and would help themselves to beer in hisrefrigerator. He denied a sexual relationship, and "stated that he hada wife and kids and that he would never 'do that to them,'" policereports said.

When asked to take a lie-detector test, he sat for a few seconds and said he wanted a lawyer, documents note.

The victim told police she visited his home several times and hadspent the night there. She said she had sexual intercourse with himtwice in early 1999 after drinking alcohol.

"No, he didn't force me," she wrote in a statement.

A minor cannot legally consent to sexual relations.

Originally charged with third-degree sexual assault and furnishingalcohol to a minor, Topous pleaded guilty to the assault with intentcharge. He was sentenced to 5 1/2 to 10 years in prison.

After the defense attorney described the relationship as consensual,Grand Traverse County Circuit Judge Philip Rodgers Jr. condemned theact at sentencing, according to a court transcript, stating it would be"impossible" to put enough alcohol into the men in his courtroom to getthem in bed with a 13-year-old.

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2008/06/mega_millions_winner_does_not.htm

If Fred Topous gets another felony I'm pretty sure he'd be staying in prison for a good long time. But he can afford a good attorney now of course so who knows.

You can't predict random.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: June 21, 2008, 3:54 am - IP Logged

"He's (Fred Topous) also on the Michigan Sex Offender Registry for committing a criminal sexual assault with the intent to commit penetration. He registered in 1999, and is compliant."

Ever watch "To Catch a Predator" on Dateline NBC?

I don't know all the details about Topous' conviction, but in some states just the intent will get them jail time and require them to register as sex offenders. But unless there is a law preventing sex offenders or convicted felons from buying lottery tickets, some of them will win whether we like it or not.

Maybe next time somebody starts a poll with reasons to remain anonymous, "the winner is a sex offender" will be added.

Stack, it would take too long to explain why I feel that Dateline show never should have aired.  In short, they used entrapment. Obviously the network wanted to increase ratings.  When did the media begin replacing law enforcement?  Our laws say that even perverts have the right to a fair trial.  

Anyway, the article I read about the subject winner said that he took a plea when charged with having sex with a 13 year old girl.   Sounds like more than intent.

San Diego
            United States
            Member #46705
            September 23, 2006
            55 Posts
            Posted: June 21, 2008, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

It's hard to stay optimistic about life when you hear about a sexual predator winning the Lotto. Hey, did you hear about the lady who got put in jail because she took a few hacks at a registered sex offender(whom she caught talking with her 13 yo daughter) with a baseball bat? Justice sucks sometimes. He should have never probably been free on the streets and got what he deserved. Sucks that the lady was jailed.

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
              mississippi
              United States
              Member #34478
              March 3, 2006
              5906 Posts
              Posted: June 21, 2008, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

I dont think he should have been allowed to play myself..because now he has the funds to take care of his sick ass perversion...it is stories like this that makes me madder than hell to know that good people in every state play and probably never will win..I HOPE AND PRAY that the families of the children he molested takes him to court and sues his ass for as much as they can get!!!!

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

United States
                Member #61296
                May 17, 2008
                187 Posts
                Posted: June 22, 2008, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

what a <snip>in <snip>. If I were the judge, I would have sentenced this guy to the death penalty if I could. He never would even been able to buy those quick pix- and maybe one of us would have won $57 M!!!!!

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.