Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 1:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I can get closer to a win doing just all ODD/Evens

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 8 years ago by mymonthlypicks.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10491 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2008, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Thanks RJOH ....  I knew you would have some good insights on these. Thank for the effort there.

It was gratifying to find the number was 37 All odd hits during that time.... a little better than the expected math average we calculated up there of 32 hits.  Still .... + or -  about in range ....pretty good.

Between the All odds and All evens during that time we should have averaged 59 hits for both groups in Ohio.

That was also gratifying since the real world hits were totaled 62 hits  .....as oppossed to what we calulated it to end up with as 59 hits  . 

Got within 3 hits ......over a 3.4 year period.     59 estimated      62 actual hits

Not to bad .   This game has pretty good manners ....  LOL  

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2008, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

What the heck does this mean?  I've gotten 4 out of 5 in Fantasy-5 (Florida) 6 times since Aug 07 and close doesn't count.  You either win about $80-$100 bucks or you win the whole enchilada.  There is no "close." 

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
      Stone Mountain*Georgia
      United States
      Member #828
      November 2, 2002
      10491 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2008, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Oh , I think I understand where you are coming from justxploring .   If, I read this correctly .....

Based on your experience and win record your saying ...

If you get 4 out of 5 numbers right in the Fantasy-5 (Florida) you win $80-100 bucks .....but, if you don't get all 5 of the numbers correct then you can not win the whole enchilada. You can win a little money if you get a few numbers, but that's not even close to winning the whole enchilada.

I understand.         

Win d    

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2008, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

I think that's the expression, although I prefer burritos & quesadillas.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
          Stone Mountain*Georgia
          United States
          Member #828
          November 2, 2002
          10491 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2008, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

For those interested in the math and statistics here are some universal truths. Not only for pick-5 but other lottery games as far the number pool you use ......and the possible combinations that that gives us.

* This demonstrates my orginal statement as to playing the All even/odd as opposed to Mixed numbers or quick picks.  

This will make it obvious what playing a smaller number pool does to the possible combinations created.  Note the All even pool .....of 19 numbers down there ....and the All odd combinations at 20 pool numbers.

Fact ...Lower is better Patriot

If you play 5 number pool ......there is only       1 combination possible

6 number pool .....there is only      6 combinations

7           ''                                 21 combinations

8 "                      "                    56 combos

9 ............................................126

11..... 462

12 ....792

16 ....4,368

18 ... 8,568

19..............  11,628   all even combinations possible

20 .........     15, 504 all odd combinations possible

22........26, 349

27 .... 90,730

28..... 98,290

37....... 435,897

38 ........ 501, 942

39....... 575, 757   total combinations using all 39 numbers.

Win d    

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19891 Posts
            Posted: August 1, 2008, 12:41 am - IP Logged

If you limited your numbers to multiple of 3 in a 5/39 game then you would limit your number pool to thirteen numbers or 1287 possible combinations, but that wouldn't reduce your odds of winning to 1:1287

Of the 1255 drawings of Ohio Rolling Cash5(5/39) only 2 had 5 numbers that were multiple of 3.

05/03/07   03 12 15 18 33
            12/07/04   06 09 12 15 36

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
              Stone Mountain*Georgia
              United States
              Member #828
              November 2, 2002
              10491 Posts
              Posted: August 1, 2008, 7:46 am - IP Logged

Very interesting RJOH...      Multiples of 3's huh?  1287 combinations .....  I never would have thought of that as a group.

But.....  That group should end up falling .....around 4 times a year...average.

If we never play anything else but those Multiples of 3 group....... on the day those hit during the year our odds will then be ....... 1: 1287   

1: 1287    instead of        1: 575,757     

I might just make that group my pet Pick 5 numbers RJOH. Even if I only play one ticket in that group each day.......if I am patient .......on the days that group hits...... the odds go down to minus - 574,470 ...... playing just one ticket I have a .... 1 N 1,287  odds chance on those particular days...at the very least. Perhaps I could say .....at the very most. On those particular days... Muti of 3 group draw days that hit during the year.  On those days....I will know for sure.... I was no further away than 1287 numbers form winning the entire thing. My number could even be .....the winner !   

"The more we can lower the ODDS on certain days....the better chance we have to get closer to a win. " 

Patriot

You know ofcourse .....someone's gonna' make a System out of this entire thing and sell it?  LOL  

Win d    

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19891 Posts
                Posted: August 1, 2008, 9:09 am - IP Logged

How do you figure?

Multiple of 3 have 1287 combinations which is 1287/575757 or 0.22% of all the possible combinations.  0.22% of 365 days equals 0.8 of a day which means one of those combinations could be expected to hit 4 times in 5 years.

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                  Member #13130
                  March 30, 2005
                  2171 Posts
                  Posted: August 1, 2008, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Very interesting RJOH...      Multiples of 3's huh?  1287 combinations .....  I never would have thought of that as a group.

But.....  That group should end up falling .....around 4 times a year...average.

If we never play anything else but those Multiples of 3 group....... on the day those hit during the year our odds will then be ....... 1: 1287   

1: 1287    instead of        1: 575,757     

I might just make that group my pet Pick 5 numbers RJOH. Even if I only play one ticket in that group each day.......if I am patient .......on the days that group hits...... the odds go down to minus - 574,470 ...... playing just one ticket I have a .... 1 N 1,287  odds chance on those particular days...at the very least. Perhaps I could say .....at the very most. On those particular days... Muti of 3 group draw days that hit during the year.  On those days....I will know for sure.... I was no further away than 1287 numbers form winning the entire thing. My number could even be .....the winner !   

"The more we can lower the ODDS on certain days....the better chance we have to get closer to a win. " 

Patriot

You know ofcourse .....someone's gonna' make a System out of this entire thing and sell it?  LOL  

If you knew what the arithmetic relationships between the individual numbers were going to be on any given day, it would be relatively easy to win, whether or not they were all multiples of 3. That is the delta system.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                  Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                    Stone Mountain*Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #828
                    November 2, 2002
                    10491 Posts
                    Posted: August 1, 2008, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

If you knew what the arithmetic relationships between the individual numbers were going to be on any given day, it would be relatively easy to win, whether or not they were all multiples of 3. That is the delta system.

Playing everyday......or gambling that your group will hit on a specific day ....or any given day. If you always play the same numbers form the same group your gonna' be right ...."on those days" At least your be closer than most of the other people that don't play that way or use MIXED numbers.

RJOH ... I must have mis-read your info..  thought you were saying the group ....Multibles of 3 group ....only had 13 numbers .....which has 1297 combinations out of the total of 575,757                 

Win d    

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                      Stone Mountain*Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #828
                      November 2, 2002
                      10491 Posts
                      Posted: August 1, 2008, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

Playing everyday......or gambling that your group will hit on a specific day ....or any given day. If you always play the same numbers form the same group your gonna' be right ...."on those days" At least your be closer than most of the other people that don't play that way or use MIXED numbers.

RJOH ... I must have mis-read your info..  thought you were saying the group ....Multibles of 3 group ....only had 13 numbers .....which has 1297 combinations out of the total of 575,757                 

Sorry ....ment to say I must have been thinking 12,ooo instead of closer to 1,200.  I thought we were talking about a similar group to the ODD / Even groups or something ...

In that case .....we would average a hit every 444 days !  I like the hit rate of all ODD/EVEN groups better ..... maybe I could stay awake for those. 

Odds don't really change .....but probability does.  

In the future .... playing All Odd/Even combinations only.... several times during the year our chances will be a lot better on those specific Odd/Even days ....of a good chance win !  After the fact of the draw we will know what our chances were on that particular kind of day.... or similar days in the future.

On those particular days ....that will come up ..... the combination will come from a pool of numbers that is about 95% smaller than other mixed number days.   How was that..?  LOL   

Win d    

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: August 5, 2008, 6:30 am - IP Logged
                        Rolling Cash 503-11-15-23-39Mon, Aug 4, 2008

WIN D on to something?

Thinking of...

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19891 Posts
                          Posted: August 5, 2008, 9:50 am - IP Logged
                          Rolling Cash 503-11-15-23-39Mon, Aug 4, 2008

WIN D on to something?

Thinking of...

He just might be.

Ohio Rolling Cash5
                           08/04/08   03 11 15 23 39
                           06/23/08   07 33 35 37 39
                           06/14/08   05 07 21 33 35
                           04/03/08   13 19 31 33 37
                           03/30/08   03 07 15 23 35
                           01/27/08   11 17 23 27 33
                           12/16/07   01 07 13 15 21
                           11/30/07   01 07 15 25 27
                           10/30/07   05 07 21 31 39
                           10/03/07   05 09 13 17 37
                           09/21/07   09 13 31 33 39
                           09/14/07   05 13 17 21 27
                           09/08/07   07 15 21 29 39
                           08/12/07   01 07 09 13 33
                           08/05/07   05 09 31 35 39
                           06/03/07   05 13 25 27 33
                           05/25/07   05 07 23 33 35
                           03/28/07   05 11 25 31 37
                           01/05/07   11 15 19 21 23
                           01/04/07   01 07 21 27 29

Evil Looking       

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                            West Side of Sunny Florida
                            United States
                            Member #55048
                            September 8, 2007
                            3371 Posts
                            Posted: August 5, 2008, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

What the heck does this mean?  I've gotten 4 out of 5 in Fantasy-5 (Florida) 6 times since Aug 07 and close doesn't count.  You either win about $80-$100 bucks or you win the whole enchilada.  There is no "close." 

Wow! does the fantasy-5 in FL pay THAT little for 4 out of 5 ??? $80 to $100 ??? NY Take 5 pays $300-$900 depending on how many winners at that level.  And it yes after $600 you have to pay taxes on the win !! 

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                              Stone Mountain*Georgia
                              United States
                              Member #828
                              November 2, 2002
                              10491 Posts
                              Posted: August 5, 2008, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

WoW !  Thanks for the update  Time*Treat ......  on that ALL ODD hit.  Coffee

Funny ......ALL ODD Draw ....on an all EVEN date  8/04/08 .    LOL   

RJOH ..... could you print out the last few ALL EVEN hits for OH ?      Just curious about something.

Win d