Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Dont you think kids should have their own Lotto or Sweepstakes..

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 8 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2008, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

You see when i was in the states i didn't see no meaningful sweepstakes for kids...The only sweepstakes i saw was on the jetex channel and the cartoon channels where they promise kids to win i don't know a swimming pool, a trip to Orlando magic theme park, or disney world....But that's not a meaning sweepstake/win....Why not create like a lotto or sweepstake in each state for kids giving away, i don't know 20 million...

You know kids are human too, they are not just little people...They will like to do the same thing we do, they will like to drive one day, fly on their own, have girlfriends, etc...They are just like us...Again i am not saying kids will go to the Seven Eleven and buy 1 quick pick on the lotto...NO, the parents will buy it for them, and if they win a trust, group, association, estate will handle the money and give the parent so much per year, i mean i don't know  i am sure they can work it themselves (the parent & the estates)...Or you can make the estate keep the money until the kid turns 18 and then that money is given to him...

Honestly, is kind of sad, but a kid only chance/avenue to be famous and become wealthy is through the movies by becoming a kid actor...And is kind of sad..We want to show our kids that they can dream too...I am really sick and tire of the pathetic sweepstakes they make kids participate, treat them like an adult too give them the same thing adults enjoy, i mean kids go to school and when they are in 8th or 9th grade they got to make the decision of their life: science, commerce or other subject where they will specialize...That's the way it is here in Panama and i am sure is the way it is in the State...

So let's show the world that the U.S is an awesome industrialized country where even kids can dream...

So my question is don't you think kids should have their own lotto or sweepstakes...Here in Panama they have American Idol for little kids, i don't hear that in the U.S.A...Again just showing you...You know i heard from Fox News that there is over 1 billion 300 million dollars worth of lose change in the U.S...I don't know if that's 1.3 billion each year or what, but what if they use that to create kids lotto or sweepstakes or take all that money place it in the bank and the interest power FREE LOTTO/SWEEPSTAKES for kids...Not only one in the U.S but a Global one and continental lotto/sweepstakes ones too....

And if you notice on jetex and the cartoon channels their version of kids sweepstakes doesnt' come every week it comes every now and them and some of them are for teenagers not for kids...And is sad because the owner is make tons of money off of the kids sitting there like cauch potatoe watching tv....And this remind me of a show i didn't see completely, the show was called "Black in America"...and in that show they were contemplating the idea of paying kids to go to school giving them vouchers/checks to go to school, it will be nice if ALL KIDS got paid to go to school...I thought what a wonderful idea...It is stuff like that that will look wonderful in the U.S...It will make the U.S the envy of the world...Americans you need to start thinking up of this stuff...

They don't even have insurance where the parent can insure his kid or pay a monthly fee until when the kid is 18 so that when the kid is 18 he can enjoy a lot of money....Just like insurance for the sick, example, people pay 80 dollars or whatever amount for insurance when they are sick and people don't get sick that often...So why not create an insurance for your kids so that you pay a monthly fee until the kid turns 18 and when the kid turns 18 he gets i don't know 400,000 or 500,000?They don't even have that in the States...why don't they do that...

please give me your opinions i'll be glad to hear them....The question is should kids have their own lotto/sweepstakes....

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
    CT
    United States
    Member #61398
    May 21, 2008
    781 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2008, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

I think here in the US we like to wait until the kids are over 18 to get them involved in gambling :)

And I'm sure there is a ton of loose change in the US, but I wouldn't exactly be willing to give up my $100 loose change piggy bank for some random kids lottery.

We're supposed to teach them to work for a living!  When they gain the respect for having to earn a buck, then they can waste their money on the lotto ;)

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2008, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

They do!  They're called Spelling Bees, Science Projects, etc.   Any money spent for children in school should be educational.   

The first thing I would add to any high school program would be a finance & investment class and it certainly wouldn't include playing the lottery.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
        Member #91
        January 19, 2002
        12015 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2008, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

They do!  They're called Spelling Bees, Science Projects, etc.   Any money spent for children in school should be educational.   

The first thing I would add to any high school program would be a finance & investment class and it certainly wouldn't include playing the lottery.

Would you include discussions about the Great Depression, and field trips through some of the Low Income Housing areas...better yet make them read the metro and Business section of the newspaper on a daily basis and ask them how they think it affects them...

I don't think its a bad idea,  i know i always talk about finances with my kid,,both good and bad...and then wife takes her shopping...  

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2008, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

wouldn't it be nice to go to this particular lotto/sweepstake website and see the kids winners pictures....

About spelling bee? I was talking more of a lotto, sweepstake in every state playing once a week..That's better than the spelling bee...Spelling bee is too bureaucratic and the winner only wins 25,000...I was talking on making the kid win 10 million dollars...I was talking of 10 million dollars or 20 million be given to a kid every week...If a kid wins 10 million the earned interest on that 10 million is 500,000 enough to take care of that kid when he is a baby (him and his baby brothers & baby sisters) until they are all 18 years old...Well i didn't count the taxes but you get the idea and i am sure they can work around that...This is the most marvelous idea ever, this idea and the idea of giving kids money to go to school...

If you pay a small kid money to go to school it becomes like working it gives the kid a sense that he is working that he is going to school to earn money...But i think they were contemplating giving kids money for going to school is they show a good behavior and make good grades....

when you are paying kids to go to school i think it gives kid a sense of what real money is and how much is that way it will prepare them for when they go in the real adult world...

The spelling bee is to bureacratic too steep of a pyramid, out of the entire country only 1 is selected winner (what kind of crap is that)...I don't think that's fair...

How many of you seen the movie "Charlie & the chocolate factory", i didn't like that movie that kind of price is really not a price we should do better than that and give kids better deals like millions of dollars...

You will rather not play the lottery for kids and make 1 or several kids in your state 10 or 20 million dollar richers and all they asking your to play is 1 dollar 1 quick pick, it could be your kid yet you continue spend 12 dollars on pick3....

Also let me make it clear that i am saying that this lotto/sweepstakes for kids will be played by the parents NOT KIDS...

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10392 Posts
            Posted: August 6, 2008, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

Pumpi,

It's bad enough that some adults see the lottery as a (false) panacea, the last thing we ned to do is start teaching kids the "something for nothing" mentality.

(Something for a dollar in this case, but still...)

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: August 6, 2008, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Would you include discussions about the Great Depression, and field trips through some of the Low Income Housing areas...better yet make them read the metro and Business section of the newspaper on a daily basis and ask them how they think it affects them...

I don't think its a bad idea,  i know i always talk about finances with my kid,,both good and bad...and then wife takes her shopping...  

I think history is very important, so the Great Depression is certainly a period that every student needs to learn about in American History class.  However, I'm not sure listening to my parents talk about standing in bread lines and wearing cardboard in their shoes to cover the holes did me much good.  I mean, if I say to a 12 year old "What do you mean you want a widescreen HDTV? When I was a kid we didn't even have color television" it doesn't mean much, since technology has changed.  Having your own computer 20 years ago was a luxury.  Now it's amost a necessity.  Yes, they definitely should get into the habit of reading a newspaper, including the business section.  (even if they do it online)

Field trips through low income housing projects?  I wouldn't want people who are less fortunate to be spectacles and used as examples, if you are talking about saying to students from an upscale area "this could happen to you..."   However, I never mentioned income bracket, did I?  I think ALL students need a good education, no matter where they live.  In fact, I think students from lower income homes need a little more attention so they know there's a way out.  Doesn't mean you have to forget where you came from. 

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #48725
                January 7, 2007
                1958 Posts
                Posted: August 6, 2008, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

No. By the time they're 18, they'll already be considered a Paris Hilton.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: August 6, 2008, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

No. By the time they're 18, they'll already be considered a Paris Hilton.

And what's wrong with Paris Hilton...People say paris hilton this and Paris hilton that...Paris Hilton is doing very good...SHE IS A FASHION CELEBRITY, fashion celebrity are suppose to act like that..I think she is a little too racist but that's beside the point...Anyways she has done very good for the kind of job that she does...

I don't get it, i am not a parent and look how i feel, you all are parents and look how you all feel...

Paris Hilton is doing very good, who you all should critize is the red haired girl, can't remember her name, LIndsay Lohan & Britney Spears that's her name...

Even if Paris Hilton doesn't get heir to her family riches she has done very good..

Again, the kids will not play this lotto/sweepstakes, is the parents who will...Think of it as insurance...The parent for 1 dollar on the quick pick has the chance to insured his kid for life...

I mean since they don't got insurance where the parent pays a monthly fee for 18 years or 25 years until the kid is of age and the kid gets a lot of money...It could be 10 million? 20 million, OR A HOUSE...

i honestly think you all including this world has kids oppressed...

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8396 Posts
                    Posted: August 6, 2008, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Pumpi again you have touched on a subject without researching it.

go to google and type in kids sweepstakes,

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                      MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                      Member #9517
                      December 10, 2004
                      1281 Posts
                      Posted: August 6, 2008, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Those kids sweepstakes or lotteries better be free for the kids. It's to early get them addicted to gambling.

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: August 6, 2008, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

i just did the search and look what i found:

Expert Parents "Kids Art" Contest - Draw a picture about how you feel on an important thing that has happened to you. All kids who send art will be entered in a random monthly drawing to win a $20 Amazon.com gift certificate. Plus, your drawing will be posted on the "Global Fridge" for a month!

20 bucks, tell me what kind of crap is that and is monthly...

I looked up other sweepstakes and i could see that the prices were mp3, video games, ipod, POSTERS (what kind of crap is posters), cd, a trip to disney world...

PLEASE, if we wanted the best for our kids we would have done better...One of the best gift you could give a kid who is 4 years old, is A HOUSE, even if is very few who win it..A house so that when he grows up he doesn't have to buy one and spend 30 years paying for 1...Or a college education or 10 million dollars or 20 million dollars...Those are the best gift you can give a kid...You know what the wicked parents do if you give them a house? they will sell it and buy themselves a new car, chrismast gift thinking that's a gift...The best lottery yet is if EVERY WEEK ONCE A WEEK there is a lotto in every state paying 15 or 20 million dollars to the parents of kids (and by the way i said kids i didn't say teenagers) and the parents work out a deal with an estate and the parents get the interest from those 15 million dollars (750,000/year) and when the kid turns out 18 then he is the heirs to that money...That's better than the mother taking all the money thinking she knows best and spending it raising the kid...So not only does the kid is going to get 15 million when he turns 18 or 25 but the mother receives 750,000/year of interest for her 3 or 4 kids, and with those 750,000 i am sure 100,000 can be saved every year for the scholarship of the 4 kids....Jesus tell me if this is not an awesome plan...And i don't know why you all are against it...

How come there is no Estate for kids, call the kids estate, that they only take care of legal matters with kids, i mean there is a magical kingdom but there is no Estate of kids handling kids financing and other matters...

There is not even a place dedicated just for kids, everything you can think of for kids they will have them for kids...If there such a place?And i don't mean just toys...Remember what the Bible says about kids? De los Tales es el Reyno de los Cielos...For theirs is the kingdom of heaven...

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8396 Posts
                          Posted: August 6, 2008, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

i just did the search and look what i found:

Expert Parents "Kids Art" Contest - Draw a picture about how you feel on an important thing that has happened to you. All kids who send art will be entered in a random monthly drawing to win a $20 Amazon.com gift certificate. Plus, your drawing will be posted on the "Global Fridge" for a month!

20 bucks, tell me what kind of crap is that and is monthly...

I looked up other sweepstakes and i could see that the prices were mp3, video games, ipod, POSTERS (what kind of crap is posters), cd, a trip to disney world...

PLEASE, if we wanted the best for our kids we would have done better...One of the best gift you could give a kid who is 4 years old, is A HOUSE, even if is very few who win it..A house so that when he grows up he doesn't have to buy one and spend 30 years paying for 1...Or a college education or 10 million dollars or 20 million dollars...Those are the best gift you can give a kid...You know what the wicked parents do if you give them a house? they will sell it and buy themselves a new car, chrismast gift thinking that's a gift...The best lottery yet is if EVERY WEEK ONCE A WEEK there is a lotto in every state paying 15 or 20 million dollars to the parents of kids (and by the way i said kids i didn't say teenagers) and the parents work out a deal with an estate and the parents get the interest from those 15 million dollars (750,000/year) and when the kid turns out 18 then he is the heirs to that money...That's better than the mother taking all the money thinking she knows best and spending it raising the kid...So not only does the kid is going to get 15 million when he turns 18 or 25 but the mother receives 750,000/year of interest for her 3 or 4 kids, and with those 750,000 i am sure 100,000 can be saved every year for the scholarship of the 4 kids....Jesus tell me if this is not an awesome plan...And i don't know why you all are against it...

How come there is no Estate for kids, call the kids estate, that they only take care of legal matters with kids, i mean there is a magical kingdom but there is no Estate of kids handling kids financing and other matters...

There is not even a place dedicated just for kids, everything you can think of for kids they will have them for kids...If there such a place?And i don't mean just toys...Remember what the Bible says about kids? De los Tales es el Reyno de los Cielos...For theirs is the kingdom of heaven...

there are literally hundreds if not more sweeps for kids and then there are shows also where they compete for prizes and money.

The main reason children under the age of 18 cant compete in the state lottery is because their MINORS NOT ADULTS and minors have no business playing sweepstakes lottery's.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                            Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
                            CT
                            United States
                            Member #61398
                            May 21, 2008
                            781 Posts
                            Posted: August 6, 2008, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

There's nothing that says parents can't support their kids with their own lottery winnings...

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                              Kunming
                              China
                              Member #57910
                              January 23, 2008
                              3626 Posts
                              Posted: August 6, 2008, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

I think here in the US we like to wait until the kids are over 18 to get them involved in gambling :)

And I'm sure there is a ton of loose change in the US, but I wouldn't exactly be willing to give up my $100 loose change piggy bank for some random kids lottery.

We're supposed to teach them to work for a living!  When they gain the respect for having to earn a buck, then they can waste their money on the lotto ;)

I Agree!

Play to win!