Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Dont you think kids should have their own Lotto or Sweepstakes..

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 8 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
Idaho
United States
Member #56506
November 21, 2007
6537 Posts
Posted: August 7, 2008, 12:13 am - IP Logged

You see when i was in the states i didn't see no meaningful sweepstakes for kids...The only sweepstakes i saw was on the jetex channel and the cartoon channels where they promise kids to win i don't know a swimming pool, a trip to Orlando magic theme park, or disney world....But that's not a meaning sweepstake/win....Why not create like a lotto or sweepstake in each state for kids giving away, i don't know 20 million...

You know kids are human too, they are not just little people...They will like to do the same thing we do, they will like to drive one day, fly on their own, have girlfriends, etc...They are just like us...Again i am not saying kids will go to the Seven Eleven and buy 1 quick pick on the lotto...NO, the parents will buy it for them, and if they win a trust, group, association, estate will handle the money and give the parent so much per year, i mean i don't know  i am sure they can work it themselves (the parent & the estates)...Or you can make the estate keep the money until the kid turns 18 and then that money is given to him...

Honestly, is kind of sad, but a kid only chance/avenue to be famous and become wealthy is through the movies by becoming a kid actor...And is kind of sad..We want to show our kids that they can dream too...I am really sick and tire of the pathetic sweepstakes they make kids participate, treat them like an adult too give them the same thing adults enjoy, i mean kids go to school and when they are in 8th or 9th grade they got to make the decision of their life: science, commerce or other subject where they will specialize...That's the way it is here in Panama and i am sure is the way it is in the State...

So let's show the world that the U.S is an awesome industrialized country where even kids can dream...

So my question is don't you think kids should have their own lotto or sweepstakes...Here in Panama they have American Idol for little kids, i don't hear that in the U.S.A...Again just showing you...You know i heard from Fox News that there is over 1 billion 300 million dollars worth of lose change in the U.S...I don't know if that's 1.3 billion each year or what, but what if they use that to create kids lotto or sweepstakes or take all that money place it in the bank and the interest power FREE LOTTO/SWEEPSTAKES for kids...Not only one in the U.S but a Global one and continental lotto/sweepstakes ones too....

And if you notice on jetex and the cartoon channels their version of kids sweepstakes doesnt' come every week it comes every now and them and some of them are for teenagers not for kids...And is sad because the owner is make tons of money off of the kids sitting there like cauch potatoe watching tv....And this remind me of a show i didn't see completely, the show was called "Black in America"...and in that show they were contemplating the idea of paying kids to go to school giving them vouchers/checks to go to school, it will be nice if ALL KIDS got paid to go to school...I thought what a wonderful idea...It is stuff like that that will look wonderful in the U.S...It will make the U.S the envy of the world...Americans you need to start thinking up of this stuff...

They don't even have insurance where the parent can insure his kid or pay a monthly fee until when the kid is 18 so that when the kid is 18 he can enjoy a lot of money....Just like insurance for the sick, example, people pay 80 dollars or whatever amount for insurance when they are sick and people don't get sick that often...So why not create an insurance for your kids so that you pay a monthly fee until the kid turns 18 and when the kid turns 18 he gets i don't know 400,000 or 500,000?They don't even have that in the States...why don't they do that...

please give me your opinions i'll be glad to hear them....The question is should kids have their own lotto/sweepstakes....

Nope.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3300 Posts
    Posted: August 7, 2008, 2:31 am - IP Logged

kids and lots of money dont mix, u see their parents usually blow it all , so by time kids are grown up there no money left.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: August 8, 2008, 7:51 am - IP Logged

But i am sorry i totally forgot about this....I feel that students who should get paid to go to school, are kids that are going to study science or kids that want to become an economist...

We need students who study science, they are in short supply...Is not fair for all the kids to get paid the same to go to school and the kids that study something else than science get better chances at getting a job than those that study science...

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8364 Posts
        Posted: August 8, 2008, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

But i am sorry i totally forgot about this....I feel that students who should get paid to go to school, are kids that are going to study science or kids that want to become an economist...

We need students who study science, they are in short supply...Is not fair for all the kids to get paid the same to go to school and the kids that study something else than science get better chances at getting a job than those that study science...

They are trying that here in Baltimore.

http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=22966

There are potential problem with your idea though......... all children learn at different rates and some children might get paid more than others. Some schools might not want to pay kids. Some kids might protest that if they pay in some schools why not ours.

I say they are getting paid in the form of knowledge for going to school and learning their subjects just like our for fathers and mothers have done for the last 200 years. That knowledge should they chose to learn are the stepping stones to wealth.

If you offer kids money to go to school what will it accomplish. Either a student wants to learn or he/she doesn't. Pay them to go to school just for the sake of going to school doesn't mean they will learn and if you pay them at different rates they will protest... it's not fair. 

Most kids are getting paid in other ways clothes, meals, room and board, spending money and everything else that goes along with being a minor. It's a big accomplishment for kids to make it to the 12th grade without having to slave/work just so they can live.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
          Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7322 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2008, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

"Is not fair for all the kids to get paid the same to go to school and the kids that study something else than science get better chances at getting a job than those that study science..."

In some states, lottery revenues are earmarked for higher education that benefit a few students and in some the revenues are used to benefit all the students. In Ohio the revenues go to the public school systems K-12 and common sense should tell you very few of those kids will become rocket scientists, Alan Greenspans, and Warren Buffets.

Granted most people don't want their kids to be janitors, garbage collectors, or ask if we want fries with our Big Mac, but somebody has to do it. How is fair for the rest of us to pay for your child to study science or economics and not pay the majority of kids that will have average jobs?

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: August 8, 2008, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

is science who is pushing this world forward...Tell me what kind of help is an accountant to this world? or a bussinees administrator, or a computer geek? or an ingeneer, and ingeenner help builds 1 building out of the hundred of thousands that were already got? Science is what pusshes this world foward....And yet it is easier to study commerce than it is to study science...Kids who want to study science have hardships...Most people that make it in the real world are bussiness man without no regards for the welfare of humanity...who you think brings or invented the car or bring you cars or helicopters? they were scientist inventors not no bussinessman...

who you think oversees that the economy is healthy and is the doctor of the economy? the answer is an economist...

what about viruses and bacterias, who is in the forefront trying to make a stop to all of that? Answer: Scientist people that study science...

bussiness people all they care about is bussiness, making a buck, surviving, they don't care about the health of the planet....So why should they be rewarded the same as people studying science...

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2008, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

I don't know too much about the "pay kids to go to school" programs" but I would be against any incentive for children to attend classes other than learning new & exciting things and bettering themselves so they can mature into productive adults.  My parents expected me to go to school, finish my homework and get good grades.  My reward was having a roof over my head and food in my belly paid for by my Dad who went to work everyday. 

Pumpi, your remark about scientists vs businessmen is a load of rubbish.  There are many responsible, socially conscious business people, both men & women, who give back to their communities.  There are also scientists who discover more effective ways to commit genocide.   

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8364 Posts
                Posted: August 8, 2008, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

is science who is pushing this world forward...Tell me what kind of help is an accountant to this world? or a bussinees administrator, or a computer geek? or an ingeneer, and ingeenner help builds 1 building out of the hundred of thousands that were already got? Science is what pusshes this world foward....And yet it is easier to study commerce than it is to study science...Kids who want to study science have hardships...Most people that make it in the real world are bussiness man without no regards for the welfare of humanity...who you think brings or invented the car or bring you cars or helicopters? they were scientist inventors not no bussinessman...

who you think oversees that the economy is healthy and is the doctor of the economy? the answer is an economist...

what about viruses and bacterias, who is in the forefront trying to make a stop to all of that? Answer: Scientist people that study science...

bussiness people all they care about is bussiness, making a buck, surviving, they don't care about the health of the planet....So why should they be rewarded the same as people studying science...

There are more scientist and engineers in the USA at this time than any other time in our history something like 22 million and we train foreign exchange students as well. There numbers may drop off from year to year but overall there will be more trained.

I think in India they have more scientist and engineers than any other country in the world.

The world needs every type of occupation to make things happen. Cant all be scientist and no plumbers, electricians, construction workers, doctors, nurses, etc.

Gotta have businessmen to run the businesses. Need accountants to count all the scientist money the government lets them spend.   

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5124 Posts
                  Posted: August 8, 2008, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

They do!  They're called Spelling Bees, Science Projects, etc.   Any money spent for children in school should be educational.   

The first thing I would add to any high school program would be a finance & investment class and it certainly wouldn't include playing the lottery.

BUTT>>>>education start's @ HOME!!!!

please, please, please>>>>>>>TEACH UR chillon WELL!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE teach them to WIN a  Lottery  JACKPOT$

PartyPartyPartyParty

KID's please listen to Jame's Brown!!!!!!

HE >>>> IS WON of PSYKOMO's >>>>>>FRIEND'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TRANSLATION:

"Please,Please,Please">>>>>>>>>>>>KID's>>GET UR EDUCATION!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
                    Wilson
                    United States
                    Member #54516
                    August 21, 2007
                    2802 Posts
                    Posted: August 9, 2008, 6:22 am - IP Logged

They do!  They're called Spelling Bees, Science Projects, etc.   Any money spent for children in school should be educational.   

The first thing I would add to any high school program would be a finance & investment class and it certainly wouldn't include playing the lottery.

I Agree! wholeheartedly with you about he finance & investment class justxploring...it's MUCH NEEDED!

I'm thinking bact to everytime I had to sell raffle tickets,candy,candles,wrapping paper etc...just so the kid could vie for that prize/title  for #1seller....hmmmph. Rant

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2008, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

You all are not calculating this and not calculating that, calculating this other thing and calculathing this other thing....YOu all forget that 4 million years from now it is projected that we humans will not exist on this planet, no life will exist except 1 or 2 but most life will dissappeared from the planet, if you all haven't seen the National Geographic presentation/show of the consortium of scientist and their predictions for the future...YOu all are playing she loves me she loves me not not knowing the future of the world this is why we need more scientist and people stufying science more than ever...

And i wasn't talking about scientist in India or the U.S i was talking about scientist worldwide..., Here in Panama and it will not surprise me if this happens in the developing world...But here in Panama no body studies science, the majority study commerce, those that stufy science is to be a nurse or because their parents have money....Remember people side away and have kids they don't remain constant...Like how i was saying nobody study science the majority study comerce and when i say study science i mean studying science to make a big impact and get rid of that thrash one calls tv...

you all don't see the grand scheme of things...

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8364 Posts
                        Posted: August 9, 2008, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

You all are not calculating this and not calculating that, calculating this other thing and calculathing this other thing....YOu all forget that 4 million years from now it is projected that we humans will not exist on this planet, no life will exist except 1 or 2 but most life will dissappeared from the planet, if you all haven't seen the National Geographic presentation/show of the consortium of scientist and their predictions for the future...YOu all are playing she loves me she loves me not not knowing the future of the world this is why we need more scientist and people stufying science more than ever...

And i wasn't talking about scientist in India or the U.S i was talking about scientist worldwide..., Here in Panama and it will not surprise me if this happens in the developing world...But here in Panama no body studies science, the majority study commerce, those that stufy science is to be a nurse or because their parents have money....Remember people side away and have kids they don't remain constant...Like how i was saying nobody study science the majority study comerce and when i say study science i mean studying science to make a big impact and get rid of that thrash one calls tv...

you all don't see the grand scheme of things...

So you think scientists don't work enough on our future problems. Well they do all the time and they have made many predictions on what the future holds for us. And for the most part nobody cares ie global warming so what the people say. It's not happening many people say. Who care what happens a hundred years form now let alone 4 million.... in under 1000 years we will have populated another planet. Will you be here for the ride NO so why do you care. It our jobs to take care of today and deal with tomorrow when it gets here. You worry to much about things.

Why dont you get away from that tv and go back to school.

United States
                          Member #61785
                          June 4, 2008
                          33 Posts
                          Posted: August 9, 2008, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Maybe if it was like a $20.00 jackpot lol

I wouldn't want my kid playing the lottery for the fact that kids don't have enough control in the sense that they will brag to their friends without thinking first.

Other kids will use your kid just because he/she is rich not to mention kidnappers would have a field day if kids could win the lottery.

I sure the heck wouldn't want my kid kidnapped because he/she won the lottery.

Honduras
                            Member #20982
                            August 29, 2005
                            4715 Posts
                            Posted: August 9, 2008, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

for your information in 1,000 years nor in 500,000 years from now you WILL NOT inhabit another planet, you will know that if you follow the latest development in astrophysicas and theoretical physics and see the current developments.... i want to proepop this planet  change it let my voice be heard so that the planet changes its behavior to help them get ready for what's coming ahead and stop partying too much..

and by the way in 4 million years from now we will not be here and it has nothing to do with Global Warming...

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                              Clarksville
                              United States
                              Member #487
                              July 15, 2002
                              17638 Posts
                              Posted: August 9, 2008, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Why would you have a lottery for the kids?  It teaches them nothing and for the most part, quite a few kids already play the lottery.  They send their numbers to be played by their bookies.  Mom and Pop.   I did a poll in my class once..how many of them had ever played the lottery..over 2/3 of them said they had and some do it on a regular basis.  They play all games. Do they understand the games?  Yes they do.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.