Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If i win 200 million dollars..

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 8 years ago by truecritic.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: August 21, 2008, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

But if Jesus didn't exist, even if we advance a lot with a lot of moral, this world the entire world every country will be chaotic..Why? Because Racism is a very powerful evil force and so is the evil that exist within each one of us....

I sometimes think that Jesus came from the future, for the kind of stuff he said, he have to have come from the future...

Not only Jesus must have come from the future but the people that wrote the Bible...

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3300 Posts
    Posted: August 21, 2008, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

wow this thread has come a long way from im gonna get me a time machine.  i've often though maybe you could see back in time but not affect things while there.

faster than light  might be a way, go really quickly away, then turn around and wait for the light to catch up with you , and see what went on. as the light slowly catches upto you. 

any how what if you couldnt affect anything but just wanted to see some greast momentus occaion ? what would you like to see.

for  me it would be when a  meteor hits  the earth and killed 99% of the species or something close to that,  the shock wave from the impact caused a mountain range to form on the oposite side of the planet!  for me there isnt a more " earth shattering " event to want to go back and look at.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: August 22, 2008, 12:40 am - IP Logged

Seriously How long do you think you would survive on an island entirely populated by women??

28 days.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: August 22, 2008, 1:27 am - IP Logged

If I understand the math here.  15% of senate is female and male/female ratio is 50/50, then only 30% of the females are good enough to be in the senate.  Probably why we dont have a women president.

"Probably why we dont have a women president."

No, it is because of sexist attitudes like yours.  Just look at the way Hillary Clinton was treated by the media. 

Business Week in an article reported:

"If forced to choose between equally qualified male and female candidates for a top-level job, they say they often pick the woman--not because of affirmative action or any particular desire to give the female a chance but because they believe she will do a better job."

Studies have shown that a man who has a negative attitude about women in power often feels personally threatened because he can't compete with them intellectually.  Sometimes he's just lacking in size.  (I'm talking about his feet of course.)

Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: August 22, 2008, 1:52 am - IP Logged

Just to add to my post (wanted to confirm my figures before posting) that in 1990 there were only 2 women in the Senate.  In the House there were only 28 out of 435 representatives. 

We've come a long way, Baby! 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10353 Posts
            Posted: August 22, 2008, 2:16 am - IP Logged

28 days.

Scared

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10353 Posts
              Posted: August 22, 2008, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

"Probably why we dont have a women president."

No, it is because of sexist attitudes like yours.  Just look at the way Hillary Clinton was treated by the media. 

Business Week in an article reported:

"If forced to choose between equally qualified male and female candidates for a top-level job, they say they often pick the woman--not because of affirmative action or any particular desire to give the female a chance but because they believe she will do a better job."

Studies have shown that a man who has a negative attitude about women in power often feels personally threatened because he can't compete with them intellectually.  Sometimes he's just lacking in size.  (I'm talking about his feet of course.)

This can be a can of worms for sure, but for one thing, for years and years, face it, one thing that was a consideration for hiring and promotions was simply that men don't take maternity leaves.

Considering your quote from Business week above, interestingly, there was a report on the radio yesterday that a surver showed most men and women would rather work for a man, because females tend to be more demanding and tend more to be perfectionists.

In politics, at least on the national level, we also have to consider that in dealing with certain cultures, sendoing a woman as an emissary is going up to the plate with two strikes. Oink Oink!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                Member #63718
                August 5, 2008
                10 Posts
                Posted: August 22, 2008, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Prophesies are vague so they can generally be applied to many events and fit perfectly or at least close to it. The "end of times" and second coming have been upon us now for centuries.

Technically going to the future would be possible but not in the usual Sci-Fi sense. It'd require one to be moving at or close to the speed of light as time would slow down for you (time has been proven to slow down the faster one travels) and still move normally for everyone else. That's where the idea of if you can break the speed of light time would start moving backwards since you'd be moving beyond the speed at which time would essentially stop and start to move backwards.

Fortunately, or unfortunately at the rate we're going we'll probably never get there to actually test it.

According to Einstien, light speed is the cosmic speed limit. NOTHING can travel faster than light and anything that got to that speed (186,000 miles per second) would itself turn into light.

United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10353 Posts
                  Posted: August 22, 2008, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

Well that answers the classic question of what happens when you're in a space ship traveling the speed of light and you turn the lights on!

Lep

Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: August 22, 2008, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

Well that answers the classic question of what happens when you're in a space ship traveling the speed of light and you turn the lights on!

Wow!  I can now die a happy camper.  This has been on my mind for years.           LOL 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5123 Posts
                      Posted: August 22, 2008, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

Just to add to my post (wanted to confirm my figures before posting) that in 1990 there were only 2 women in the Senate.  In the House there were only 28 out of 435 representatives. 

We've come a long way, Baby! 

JXP;

Just 2 REMIND U (what does UGLY gull's have 2 do with D govement)?????

IF U WON $200 million ??????????????????????????????????????????????

ALL the BOUY's and PAC on the Lottery Post would B chasing UUUUUUU

PSYKO predict's that PAC would GET DARE>>>>>>>>>>>>FIR$T$$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5123 Posts
                        Posted: August 22, 2008, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

"BREAKING NEW's::::::::::::::::::::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEXT:

The GUILL will NOT B the nominated V-P canidate for VP for PRESIDENT!!!!

This is not my idea 2 elect anyone like THIS from ANY PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE U or anyone ever HEARD the term "BEING RAILROADED">>>>>>>>>

This STINK'g PARTY did this 2 PSYKO's uncle who was a GOVENOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT,>>>>>>>>>>BILL will NOT sit BACK and TAKE>>>>>>>>>>IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BILL ^^^^^^^^^WILL^^^^^^^^^^^^^ FIGHT>>>>>>>>>>>BACK>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!

PSYKOMO

United States
                          Member #17555
                          June 22, 2005
                          5582 Posts
                          Posted: August 23, 2008, 1:28 am - IP Logged

IF I win.....IF..................?

If is a big word.

If a grasshopper had a machine gun, the birds wouldn't bother it.

IF....

Nothing wrong with dreaming.

In any event, having lots of money wouldn't lead you any closer to inventing the time machine. If money was the stumbling block to date, some filthy rich dude would have invented it by now. It takes intellect to invent something like that, not large amounts of money.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #22395
                            September 24, 2005
                            1583 Posts
                            Posted: August 23, 2008, 3:00 am - IP Logged

IF I win.....IF..................?

If is a big word.

If a grasshopper had a machine gun, the birds wouldn't bother it.

IF....

Nothing wrong with dreaming.

In any event, having lots of money wouldn't lead you any closer to inventing the time machine. If money was the stumbling block to date, some filthy rich dude would have invented it by now. It takes intellect to invent something like that, not large amounts of money.

I hate it when amateurs think it doesn't take money.  I know my idea will work.

I plan on using a Temporal Phase Shifted Modulating Inverse Tachyon Beam, while rerouting power through a deflector shield.

But...I just don't have enough money to buy the generator for the Tachyon Beam!