Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anti Virus/Internet Protection - Suggestions?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 8 years ago by lottolaughs.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
Magnolia, Delaware
United States
Member #18795
July 20, 2005
789 Posts
Posted: August 23, 2008, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Tests I have read do not confirm that ZA is the best firewall protection.  I like ZA, free version and used to use it.

Here is the best firewall...the $40 one was
tested by a guy that tested them ALL. 
There is also a free version for the XP, just
about as good as the pay version.
_
Norton and McAfee are memory hogs and these two free ones
are often recommended instead of those.
_
You can get AVG free anti-virus (or upgrade and pay):

Also free - AVAST Antivirus 4.x Home Edition, anti-spyware & anti-rootkit for Windows

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

Here is a site where you can run online tests, including checking your firewall.

http://www.auditmypc.com/

I never said the FREE ZA is anything at all!!! NOPE I said ZA Security Suite is the BEST! So get the facts straight OK. As I have been taught through out my life.... You Get What You Pay For and that stands for just about anything and everything in life... So if you're willing to chance the well being of your computer to something that's free.... then I guess it could hold true, that you get exactly what you pay for or in this case what you didn't pay for! That bit of testing the firewall against someones web site you better go against the best there is and that's Norton's security check on their website.... They run the full range of possible attacks against your computer..... And you know what else people, ZA is the only firewall program that can keep your computer from being seen by anyone on the Internet and that includes the Norton security check website.... if you can't see it how are you to attack it? YOU CAN'T! PERIOD!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
    Magnolia, Delaware
    United States
    Member #18795
    July 20, 2005
    789 Posts
    Posted: August 23, 2008, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Oh and just to stop someone from jumpin, I didn't say anything about IP adresses being seen or not I'm talking about open ports to the Internet that hackers see and being their attack on that computers open port! I thought I best clear that one up before I got hammered by someone!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Sunny California
      United States
      Member #40295
      May 31, 2006
      7712 Posts
      Posted: August 23, 2008, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Who Misses U?        Hey there,LV! Long time no see! Still have your last email to answer,sorry it's taken me so long.

As far as Internet Security, I have Trend Micro Internet Security Pro which is awesome. It is constantly warning me about viruses and people trying to access your computer,etc etc. which Norton 360 never did. Norton refunded my money after my computer got infected with the Antivirus 2008 virus because I told them their product doesn't work. 

AVG (the paid version) is supposed to be the closest thing to Trend Micro. Don't think you could go wrong using either.

Take care buddy,will chat soon,promise!