Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When the matrix changes...

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 8 years ago by hypersoniq.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

do/will you throw out your old data/systems?

yes [ 8 ]  [36.36%]
no [ 13 ]  [59.09%]
sometimes [ 1 ]  [4.55%]
Total Valid Votes [ 22 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
mississippi
United States
Member #34478
March 3, 2006
5903 Posts
Posted: August 27, 2008, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

All the Data you and everyone else has on the present Matrix in Powerball is still good..you cant just toss it out the window because they are changeing the Matrix..let me give you an example on a smaller scale so it can be understood a little better...

Say pic 3 was just 0-7..and you have been collecting data on pic 3 for several years now they want to add 8 and  9 to pic 3..do you just throw away all the other data just because they added 2 new numbers..DO YOU THINK that every combination that comes out from NOW ON WILL have an 8 or 9 in it rendering all other data USELESS..the answer is NO..

Just because Powerball is changeing the Matrix because Florida is joining doesnt mean anything..even if they go to 60 numbers..that doesnt mean that every single drawing HenceForth will have a 56, 57, 58, 59 or 60 in it ..or 2 of those in it..because there are still Millions and millions and millions of combinations that hasnt showed yet that belongs to the very first original matrix of 49 numbers..

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3474 Posts
    Posted: August 28, 2008, 1:41 am - IP Logged

"there are still Millions and millions and millions of combinations thathasnt showed yet that belongs to the very first original matrix of 49numbers."

The new matrix won't have any of those 49 "numbers" because they draw balls, not numbers. If they aren't using those 49 balls anymore they don't exist in the new game. Any data you continue to use has no more relevance to the new game than the data for games using other balls that aren't used in the new PB game.

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
      CT
      United States
      Member #61398
      May 21, 2008
      781 Posts
      Posted: August 28, 2008, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

You have to assume the balls will act differently now that there are more balls in the pool.  For instance, say in theory a drawing changed from 10 balls to 70 balls, you wouldn't continue to calculate possible outcomes with only the 10 ball history.  Both sets would have to be treated differently, but it completely depends on the change and your methods.  Everyone will chose their own adaption methods to this change, and since we haven't seen any systems yet that constantly produce jackpot-winning results, who's to say one method of change (or no change) would be better than the other.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
        San Angelo, Texas
        United States
        Member #1097
        January 31, 2003
        1394 Posts
        Posted: August 28, 2008, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

I will discard the history - winning numbers and powerball - but not the system I use to generate plays.

Over time, I have determined that working with combinations that came up last year, for example, don't really contribute anything
        worthwhile.

I'll start from scratch and build new data sequences which will reflect current trends.

United States
          Member #1826
          July 11, 2003
          2645 Posts
          Posted: August 28, 2008, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I don't change my system, quick picks adjust to the new matrix automatically. LOL

(insert signature here)

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: August 29, 2008, 2:00 am - IP Logged

You have to assume the balls will act differently now that there are more balls in the pool.  For instance, say in theory a drawing changed from 10 balls to 70 balls, you wouldn't continue to calculate possible outcomes with only the 10 ball history.  Both sets would have to be treated differently, but it completely depends on the change and your methods.  Everyone will chose their own adaption methods to this change, and since we haven't seen any systems yet that constantly produce jackpot-winning results, who's to say one method of change (or no change) would be better than the other.

The balls will act exactly the same as they did in the past. The relevant point is that it will be different balls that are acting the same way.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
              Member #13130
              March 30, 2005
              2171 Posts
              Posted: August 29, 2008, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

Like the first few people who replied, I keep some of my old work and refer to it on occasion.

I'm not scared of a difference of opinion on the value of doing that, and it makes a more interesting discussion than 'annuity vs lump sum'. Boxing

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                Member #119
                February 19, 2002
                527 Posts
                Posted: August 29, 2008, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

I don't change my system, quick picks adjust to the new matrix automatically. LOL

QuickPicks or QuickRIPS?

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #2338
                  September 17, 2003
                  2063 Posts
                  Posted: August 30, 2008, 12:29 am - IP Logged

QuickPicks or QuickRIPS?

Considering how often quickpicks win I wouldn't call them rip offs. They tend to do better for me than my picks although I haven't won anything lately.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #56506
                    November 21, 2007
                    6537 Posts
                    Posted: August 30, 2008, 12:33 am - IP Logged

Considering how often quickpicks win I wouldn't call them rip offs. They tend to do better for me than my picks although I haven't won anything lately.

I agree. I am beginning to think that quick picks are the way to go.  I do play some of my own numbers, but I am starting to play quick picks a bit more now.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #1340
                      April 6, 2003
                      2450 Posts
                      Posted: September 1, 2008, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

I toss out the data but keep the system on ice until I have about 100 draws of the new matrix to work with.

Since FL will join PB and we get yet another matrix (grrrrr) I will be resorting to 1 QP per draw for most of 2009.

When they change the matrix, they ditch the old ballsets and start from scratch (sometimes even new machines to go with it)

I will always have 1 ticket in the PB, whether I pick the numbers or not... I just prefer picking the numbers. 

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
                        Member #9579
                        December 12, 2004
                        2121 Posts
                        Posted: September 2, 2008, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

i look at combinations of 5 numbers over the last 10 years.none of my quickpicks have won,so this tells me they're taking numbers from the unhit 5 combinations,and unplayed.how can one work up all the possible combinatios in pb,some say impossible,cuz there are so many,but some of us have nothing else to do.also my state never has had a pb win,so i don't get there qp's anymore?

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
                          CT
                          United States
                          Member #61398
                          May 21, 2008
                          781 Posts
                          Posted: September 2, 2008, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

How can one work up all the 5 number (white ball) powerball combinations?  For the software developers here it would take only a few minutes to write software that did that.

for (int a=1;a<52;a++){

for(int b=(a+1);b<53;b++){

for(int c=(b+1);c<54;c++){

for(int d=(c+1);d<55;d++){

for(int e=(d+1);e<=55;e++){

PRINT a,b,c,d,e;

}}}}}

United States
                            Member #9579
                            December 12, 2004
                            2121 Posts
                            Posted: September 2, 2008, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

thanks stew,i wonder if one can buy this somewhere,you algebraic genius?

United States
                              Member #9579
                              December 12, 2004
                              2121 Posts
                              Posted: September 2, 2008, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

i think quickpicks are good in certain states.my lotto pro only goes up to 134 sets of 5,and that's not using all the white balls!