Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I always get bummed

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 8 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Northern Ohio
United States
Member #63551
August 1, 2008
203 Posts
Posted: September 4, 2008, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Yeah, yeah, yada, yada, yada, that's all good and it's old hat to boot..... hell everyone knows what you said... I'm talking about the fact each draw is one unto it's self and you making the statement that you break even each and every draw! Lets go on that FACT ONLY, your statement! And I will quote it one more time (since you seem to have forgotten it) "my picks pay for themselves" (unquote). Show us all here on LP that your statement holds true, otherwise forget it and then we will all know that your nothing more than a blow hard like all of the others before you that have made that same statement here on the LP!

The problem is, I couldn't care less if anonymous people on an internet message board believe me or not. I came here to learn and to teach in return. That's the only reason...if you're looking for someone who is looking for acceptance and belief, unfortunately you came to the wrong person :(

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
    CT
    United States
    Member #61398
    May 21, 2008
    781 Posts
    Posted: September 4, 2008, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Jim, you can track your MM predictions here you know (if you would like). http://www.lotterypost.com/post-prediction-form.asp

California
      United States
      Member #61514
      May 25, 2008
      67 Posts
      Posted: September 4, 2008, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

BaristaExpress said:

"Like you said (and I quote) "my picks pay for themselves" (unquote) and took it that they do that each and every week! I only went by what I read and the way it was stated, nothing more......"

All he said was "I break even playing the lottery" and "my picks pay for themselves". I didn't see him say every week and didn't assume he meant that either.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
        Beautiful Florida
        United States
        Member #5709
        July 18, 2004
        20115 Posts
        Posted: September 4, 2008, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

I'll be damned! If I'm reading what you have said correctly, You're saying that you break even playing the lottery spending only $10 dollars a week. "DAMN" That's one hell of a system you have there and I salute you.... But on the other hand that is one big huge claim too..... Hmmm how can we get this out in the light for all to see if your claim is true or if it's nothing more than a bunch of hot air escaping a lower body orifice (that may have just overloaded your mouth).

"I got it" Jimhowlett, you can start posting your numbers in Maddogs MM challenge and that will tell us all if your the real deal or nothing more than another person with claims they can't back up! You Game? And if not..... it just means you're nothing more than a blow hard like all the others before you, making the same claims that you are making!

Now remember you're the one who made the claim above Jimhowlett. So don't even think about jumping on me for calling you out on it, lets see some action by you to prove your BOLD claim (and I quote) "my picks pay for themselves" (unquote).

I'm going to be one BOLD S.O.B. and make a prediction here..... Jimhowlett is going to jump all in my a** for calling him on his claim and proceed to show us all he's exactly like all the others before him (all talk, no action) another words "A Freaking BLOW HARD!"   

Why is it that when someone comes out and says how he plays, almost everytime the  threads get flooded with negativity? I took what Jimhowlett said for face value, because he hasn't showed me or anyone for that matter, that he's a blow hard. Besides I basically do the same thing every week. I spend 12 to 15$ every  draw with my picks also. Face it, if you hit the 3/1 and hit you're up than if you don't hit for another 5/6 weeks you're still ahead of the game, so basically they pay for themselves, anyway any good system is only as good as the money manager.

What JimHowlett has stated is truth, so why would you want to call him a blowhard? If you want to call someone a blowhard look back at the threads for EasyMoney and give someone else a little credit.

Peace.....!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
          Washington *state*
          United States
          Member #62009
          June 14, 2008
          192 Posts
          Posted: September 4, 2008, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Why is it that when someone comes out and says how he plays, almost everytime the  threads get flooded with negativity? I took what Jimhowlett said for face value, because he hasn't showed me or anyone for that matter, that he's a blow hard. Besides I basically do the same thing every week. I spend 12 to 15$ every  draw with my picks also. Face it, if you hit the 3/1 and hit you're up than if you don't hit for another 5/6 weeks you're still ahead of the game, so basically they pay for themselves, anyway any good system is only as good as the money manager.

What JimHowlett has stated is truth, so why would you want to call him a blowhard? If you want to call someone a blowhard look back at the threads for EasyMoney and give someone else a little credit.

Peace.....!

I Agree!Yep! Yep!  I believe its a waste of time to argue.

As for Georgia winning...again..lol.  It happens.  I do get pissy when its won by repeat (somewhat close together) states.  I've looked up Washington state jp winners since they were added mid/late 2002.  We had our first winner in 2003 within months of being added , then not again until believe mid/late 2006.  Nothing since but we have had a few...and I mean a few 2nd place tier winners.  I'm hoping it will be our turn someday.  Now I know it most likely won't be me...but I'm more rooting for my state.

I play MM when it hits 50M because of I just don't have the $ to "hope" for a win.  I also only play a few dollars. I don't think someone who can afford to spend alot more a month on tickets, or has been playing for many, many years deserves it any more than me.  It could happen to anyone.

I have had horrible luck with the lottery in any game for at least 2 months.  I have bought Hit5, state lotto, MM, and scratchers for a total of maybe 15-20$ month........and nothing.  Hopefully my luck will change soon. As for breaking even?  Not even for me...I've been losing..lolBang Head

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: September 5, 2008, 4:07 am - IP Logged

Peace.....!

Much of what you see as negativity I see as being realistic.

"What JimHowlett has stated is truth"

Jimhowlett has made unsubstantiated claims that, taken at face value, are nothing more than that: unsubstantiated claims. Maybe they're true, and maybe they're not, but without any proof I've got to go with simple probability and figure they aren't.

If he really does break even it will be easy enough for him to prove it, or at least come close. He says that the challenge isn't necessarily a good indicator of what people win, but that's only true if people don't post what they actually play. All he needs to do to prove his claims is post his actual plays (ahead of tme, of course) and let us see all the winners he has, paying back close to $1 for every play.

"Faceit, if you hit the 3/1 and hit you're up than if you don't hit foranother 5/6 weeks you're still ahead of the game, so basically they payfor themselves"

Face it, hitting 3+1 every 5 or 6 weeks when you're playing 30 tickets per week means you're hitting 3+1 every 150 to 180 tries. That's 76 to 92 times as often as probability suggests. Breaking even from smaller prizes would be less unlikely, but still requires winning at least 37 times more often than probability suggests. Doubting somebody's claim of that until they offer proof isn't negativity, it's simple realism.

Northern Ohio
              United States
              Member #63551
              August 1, 2008
              203 Posts
              Posted: September 5, 2008, 10:04 am - IP Logged

I think BaristaExpress needs to take a chill-pill. Like I said, I am here to learn from others and teach what I know to those who will listen. Since s/he didn't listen and has this attitude, I am forced to simply ignore him/her.

KY, increasing your chances of winning is simple if you find the right niche of probability. All I have to say is base your strategy of picks on elimination rather than what you think will hit.

I consider 3+1 a "plateau" as I hit it more than half a dozen times since I started developing my system and I believe since I started posting on here several others who have had the fortune of being similarly productive failed to hit any 4+1s with their own system.

Now, if I could hit a 4+1...

(that would "break me even" for 20 years)

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                Magnolia, Delaware
                United States
                Member #18795
                July 20, 2005
                789 Posts
                Posted: September 5, 2008, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Much of what you see as negativity I see as being realistic.

"What JimHowlett has stated is truth"

Jimhowlett has made unsubstantiated claims that, taken at face value, are nothing more than that: unsubstantiated claims. Maybe they're true, and maybe they're not, but without any proof I've got to go with simple probability and figure they aren't.

If he really does break even it will be easy enough for him to prove it, or at least come close. He says that the challenge isn't necessarily a good indicator of what people win, but that's only true if people don't post what they actually play. All he needs to do to prove his claims is post his actual plays (ahead of tme, of course) and let us see all the winners he has, paying back close to $1 for every play.

"Faceit, if you hit the 3/1 and hit you're up than if you don't hit foranother 5/6 weeks you're still ahead of the game, so basically they payfor themselves"

Face it, hitting 3+1 every 5 or 6 weeks when you're playing 30 tickets per week means you're hitting 3+1 every 150 to 180 tries. That's 76 to 92 times as often as probability suggests. Breaking even from smaller prizes would be less unlikely, but still requires winning at least 37 times more often than probability suggests. Doubting somebody's claim of that until they offer proof isn't negativity, it's simple realism.

Thank you KY Floyd. But unfortunately as we all know there is way to many EZMoney types of people here on the LP and some of us need to challenge them about their unsubstantiated claims that they seem to make WILLINGLY ON THEIR OWN without being provoked to make such claims! Heck even EZMoney did have one very nice payday and he did prove it.... have any of these so called copy cats proved any part of their claims? We all know the answer to that question... don't we. NO THEY HAVEN'T! And what gets me, they (the claim makers) have many ways to prove the claims they make and none of them, not one, yet to-date has taken any of those avenues that are here on the LP for them to PROVE THE CLAIMS THAT THEY MADE WILLINGLY AND WITHOUT PROVOCATION FROM ANYONE FOR THEM TO MAKE SUCH CLAIMS!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49725 Posts
                  Posted: September 5, 2008, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

When MegaMillions (the only game I play) gets up to the 9-digit range then someone wins it. Using what I view an "unorthodox" drawing combination too.

It's back to the $12 million base but still, I alway get bummed when someone wins the jackpot. It's like you wait and wait and as long as nobody else wins it, it's ok for me to lose.

Also, has someone noticed the annoying tendency for the JPs to be picked in Georgia? Far disproportionate to their population. And the drawing is in Georgia...

Getting bummed out by something you have no control over is a waste of Energy: Energy which you could expend on a Winning Jackpot System!

PS: I'm surprised you're not bummed out by the Wins in California too!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #48725
                    January 7, 2007
                    1953 Posts
                    Posted: September 5, 2008, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

When MegaMillions (the only game I play) gets up to the 9-digit range then someone wins it. Using what I view an "unorthodox" drawing combination too.

It's back to the $12 million base but still, I alway get bummed when someone wins the jackpot. It's like you wait and wait and as long as nobody else wins it, it's ok for me to lose.

Also, has someone noticed the annoying tendency for the JPs to be picked in Georgia? Far disproportionate to their population. And the drawing is in Georgia...

What's wrong with $12 million?

Gonna win.Big Smile

Northern Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #63551
                      August 1, 2008
                      203 Posts
                      Posted: September 5, 2008, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Thank you KY Floyd. But unfortunately as we all know there is way to many EZMoney types of people here on the LP and some of us need to challenge them about their unsubstantiated claims that they seem to make WILLINGLY ON THEIR OWN without being provoked to make such claims! Heck even EZMoney did have one very nice payday and he did prove it.... have any of these so called copy cats proved any part of their claims? We all know the answer to that question... don't we. NO THEY HAVEN'T! And what gets me, they (the claim makers) have many ways to prove the claims they make and none of them, not one, yet to-date has taken any of those avenues that are here on the LP for them to PROVE THE CLAIMS THAT THEY MADE WILLINGLY AND WITHOUT PROVOCATION FROM ANYONE FOR THEM TO MAKE SUCH CLAIMS!

Like I said, I'm only here for two things: learn and teach. If that does not satisfy you, I suggest you ignore me. If this riles you up, I will probably do the same to you.

EoT

Northern Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #63551
                        August 1, 2008
                        203 Posts
                        Posted: September 5, 2008, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

Getting bummed out by something you have no control over is a waste of Energy: Energy which you could expend on a Winning Jackpot System!

PS: I'm surprised you're not bummed out by the Wins in California too!

Good call, Raven, and I have a lot of work to do on my system.

California doesn't bum me because it's expected of them.

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
                          Washington *state*
                          United States
                          Member #62009
                          June 14, 2008
                          192 Posts
                          Posted: September 5, 2008, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

Place your bets! lol Big money...is the winning state(s) not a suprise?  Is it like the "lucky states" are becoming a tag team in JP winners?  Based on past wins, who's next? Who's due? And what state will be left out yet again....stay tuned!

LOL My state unfortunately does not have PB.  But we do have MM.  I see GA. won last time?  Should I include any JP win smaller or larger? Who's turn is it now?

From what I see...if I'm correct as I was having a hard time with the Mega Millions website is that Georgia just won, before that was New Jersey..before that was Michigan...before that is New Jersey again...and then Michigan again.  I went back to the second week of June sooooooooooooooo.

I'm thinking Ohio is peeking around the winners corner...OR...N.Y. is trying to push OH. out of the way.....we may see another N.J. hit yet again....or even Michigan.

My pick for the next winner?  I'm seeing Michigan. Lets see, who do you pick?

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

DC81's avatar - batman39
                            MI
                            United States
                            Member #54830
                            August 31, 2007
                            985 Posts
                            Posted: September 5, 2008, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

I'm picking Michigan too, hopefully with me as the winner this time.Big Smile

You can't predict random.

Northern Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #63551
                              August 1, 2008
                              203 Posts
                              Posted: September 6, 2008, 12:13 am - IP Logged

I say Washington, simply because it's "cold" (i.e., it's overdue).