Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What hit rate percentage does your system have?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 8 years ago by garyo1954.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What hit rate percentage does a system have to have to be considered worth playing

10% [ 11 ]  [20.75%]
25% [ 5 ]  [9.43%]
40% [ 4 ]  [7.55%]
50% [ 6 ]  [11.32%]
65% [ 9 ]  [16.98%]
80% [ 18 ]  [33.96%]
Total Valid Votes [ 53 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 9 ]  
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19830 Posts
Posted: October 1, 2008, 9:55 am - IP Logged

I'm going to check this link periodically and see if the "price good only until" date changes. Roll Eyes

While it's only $37 - until Midnight, * October 2, 2008   *

the ad should read

While it's only $37 - until Midnight, * tomorrow   *

Wink

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: October 5, 2008, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

One thing that is really important that folks don't take into effect is, sometimes a 'system' will not give you anything worth playing for a particular drawing, so don't feel compelled that you MUST play every drawing.

I noticed this about 6 months ago, where I didn't have anything come up that fit, so I didn't play: and I have tracked those that I didn't play, and it was absolutely correct: I would have not won anything had I played.   But in all fairness, there are games that I play because things are on my radar, and I have had no hits in some of them.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19830 Posts
      Posted: October 6, 2008, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Even when a system gives you a win almost every time, spending $20 and winning a couple of dollars every time gets old after a while.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

js1237's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
        NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #3100
        December 23, 2003
        334 Posts
        Posted: December 26, 2008, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

I'm trying to tweak my system but I don't know what hit rate would be acceptable to settle for.

Hi mprober,

So what is the latest on your system?  When will you have a profitable system and will you post it here?  Thanks, JS...

"May The Numbers Be With Us All $$$$"....js1237....Sun Smiley

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
          Dallas, Texas
          United States
          Member #4549
          May 2, 2004
          1720 Posts
          Posted: January 28, 2009, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

Interesting question. It appears the answer is in determing how many sets you have to play.

For example, if a Pick 3 player in Texas plays 10 lines each draw at .50 box per line, all that is necessary to break even is a win every 8 draws, excluding doubles or triples. Even with a win ratio of 12.5%, you've invested $40 in those 8 days and have won $40 with one win.

Another extreme would be the person who plays .50 straight, ten lines a draw and wins 1 out of 8 drawings as well. He still has the same 12.5% winning persentage, yet his money shows +$210 for that period.

As you see, the box player has to hit 5 times to come close to one straight hit.

It would be ideal to have a program with a high percentange of hits and a high percentage of return.  Given the choice between the two, I'd choose the program that offeref the higher percentage of hits and learn to manipulate the numbers.