Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 1:04 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 5 - Cold Fusion System

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 8 years ago by GASMETERGUY.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
Member #13130
March 30, 2005
2171 Posts
Posted: November 3, 2008, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

I suspect "Cold fusion" applies in most p5 games. Wink

Before throwing suggestions around, I'd like to ask how much history -how many drawings- you're using for this project.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

NASHVILLE, TENN
    United States
    Member #33372
    February 20, 2006
    1044 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2008, 11:20 am - IP Logged

I suspect "Cold fusion" applies in most p5 games. Wink

Before throwing suggestions around, I'd like to ask how much history -how many drawings- you're using for this project.

Good question that requires a definitive answer. 

Some people here include all the drawings, going back to day one.  Others use the last 10, 40, 80, or 100 drawings.

My personal opinion is to use the last 80 drawings in a 5/39 game.  There are cycles within the lottory.  Using all the drawings ignores those cycles, calling into play the Theory of Large Numbers. 

What say the rest of you?

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: November 4, 2008, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

If I thought there was pattern over 10 drawings
      and I only had a 100 draw history, I would use a
      moving average backtest. 91 data points.

Thinking of...

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

meash927's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
        miami, fl
        United States
        Member #66710
        November 3, 2008
        17 Posts
        Posted: November 8, 2008, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

hi, im here in florida also, and according to ur trackings, cold numbers hit alot. reading ur chart, i see that (for example) on 10/24, the numbers 1, 2, 19, 24, and 31 were all listed as cold on 10/23. so doesnt that mean that the cold numbers hit when they were supposed to?

meash927's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
          miami, fl
          United States
          Member #66710
          November 3, 2008
          17 Posts
          Posted: November 8, 2008, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

hi, im here in florida also, and according to ur trackings, cold numbers hit alot. reading ur chart, i see that (for example) on 10/24, the numbers 1, 2, 19, 24, and 31 were all listed as cold on 10/23. so doesnt that mean that the cold numbers hit when they were supposed to?

this msg was in reply to carbob's chart, sorry if i caused any confusion...

NASHVILLE, TENN
            United States
            Member #33372
            February 20, 2006
            1044 Posts
            Posted: November 11, 2008, 11:26 am - IP Logged

What do you mean by "supposed to"?  I am not familiar with this term as applied to lotto.

What I do is track whether or not a "cold" number was drawn.  I gather several draws, about 25.  Then I detemine how many times a "cold" number was drawn versus when a "cold" number was not drawn.

I think of a cold number as being just one of several patterns.  Having a pattern that hits 50% of the time is useless to me.  That is like flipping a coin and we all know how that turns out; we are wrong 50% of the time.  Should a pattern show a bias, like turning up 30% of the time, then I have something to hang my hat on, so to speak.

So how many times out of 30 does a cold number appear in the Florida drawings?