Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Faith and the Lottery leads to my Farewell.

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 8 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Myrtle Beach, SC
United States
Member #18457
July 12, 2005
3433 Posts
Posted: October 12, 2008, 2:14 am - IP Logged

I have come to a realization, with my much enjoyed interests in finding, researching, or participating in the lottery in any form, such as personal gambling or helping others with the 3 Pair Strategy Forecast, has now put me in conflict with myself in becoming a reborn Christian. Things are changing so rapidly in our world, now in crisis, such as U.S.  banking and overseas conflicts, one has to wonder, is it time. In my heart, I feel the answer is yes.

I'm just wondering, I'm I the only one, or are there others who may have a change in their feelings, just here recently, with the knowledge of knowing that any participation in the lottery, (helping or participating) is a conflict with one's faith?

With my dad's recent death, my mother fight with re-occurring cancer and a world in worsening conflict. This has certainly been an eye opener with the convictions of my faith.

With that said, I bid a fond heartfelt farewell to my LP family, Thank you for all the support you have proved me and my family.

I wish you well and a blessed future.

CBR

pcnut

"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it."

David Starr Jordan

S.C.'s weekly-indicative random pairs: 05, 12, 13, 16, 18, 23, 34

Enjoy

pcnut

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31343 Posts
    Posted: October 12, 2008, 2:51 am - IP Logged

Do what you're comfortable with.  I will miss you.  Stop by to say "hi" once in a while.  Em

love to nibble those micey feet.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2657 Posts
      Posted: October 12, 2008, 7:19 am - IP Logged

thars a ryme and reason for a great many of things .... so keep the faith and a spare buck handy and remember to keep us lotto addicts in mind when U say yer prayers

Litebets27's avatar - power
        Maryland
        United States
        Member #10465
        January 14, 2005
        6065 Posts
        Posted: October 12, 2008, 7:43 am - IP Logged

It's true that anyone in crisis will become alert to their crisis and conflicts within themselves. It's up to that person to intellectualize what is the best solution  for them.

When life throws you conflicts, playing the lottery is definitly NOT the solution. With it's addictive draw, it too can cause more problems, like that of any addictive drug.

Pcnut, I hope that you will find the solutions to your conflicts. That your Mom's health improves and that you will find the peace within yourself that you seek. Because our world will always be in conflict. That's the nature of MAN.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
          Beautiful Florida
          United States
          Member #5709
          July 18, 2004
          20108 Posts
          Posted: October 12, 2008, 8:27 am - IP Logged

Pcnut,

Only with an open mind can you see what lies ahead of you. Most people face a crisis in their lives with blinders on and hope that a quick fix will remedy their situation, but as always it doe's not..

Always remember that Family is first and foremost. Whatever your situation is, keep an open mind and follow your heart. I wish you well and I hope your Mothers condition improves, as well as you finding the peace within yourself. Keep faith and take care...!   

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Needachange23's avatar - yocco

Bahamas
            Member #62321
            June 24, 2008
            1104 Posts
            Posted: October 12, 2008, 10:20 am - IP Logged

I am sorry to see you say good bye but you must follow your feelings.

Good luck and GOD speed.

I will miss you

jk

Smile

sfilippo's avatar - skull
              Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #33770
              February 24, 2006
              3146 Posts
              Posted: October 12, 2008, 10:24 am - IP Logged

Pcnut,

You have made a wise bet.

Something is going on and it's not just a financial meltdown. There's much more to it.

Keep your eye on the Middle East and Russia.

Smiley Steve

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23260 Posts
                Posted: October 12, 2008, 10:33 am - IP Logged

I have come to a realization, with my much enjoyed interests in finding, researching, or participating in the lottery in any form, such as personal gambling or helping others with the 3 Pair Strategy Forecast, has now put me in conflict with myself in becoming a reborn Christian. Things are changing so rapidly in our world, now in crisis, such as U.S.  banking and overseas conflicts, one has to wonder, is it time. In my heart, I feel the answer is yes.

I'm just wondering, I'm I the only one, or are there others who may have a change in their feelings, just here recently, with the knowledge of knowing that any participation in the lottery, (helping or participating) is a conflict with one's faith?

With my dad's recent death, my mother fight with re-occurring cancer and a world in worsening conflict. This has certainly been an eye opener with the convictions of my faith.

With that said, I bid a fond heartfelt farewell to my LP family, Thank you for all the support you have proved me and my family.

CBR

pcnut

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you choose to do.

I would recommend not making life-altering decisions before the November election, because I think you'll see a drastic change of message coming from the media after the election is over, and they no longer have to make everything seem awful.

It's absolutely criminal what they are doing, because all the gloom and doom scenarios they are painting in order to affect the election is having a bad effect on the good people of this country.  I also believe they are fueling much of the economic jitters.

Last, I would recommend making a point to not over-saturate yourself in news coverage:  on the Internet, on TV, in magazines, or in newspapers.  It's amazing how much better you'll feel when you don't listen to the media's constant daily pounding of bad news.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Pogo's avatar - wfl
                  NC
                  United States
                  Member #29378
                  January 1, 2006
                  552 Posts
                  Posted: October 12, 2008, 10:56 am - IP Logged

Warm wishes with you and your family on your journey... You will be missed, but you must follow your heart for it will point you to the true north... My prayer are with you, your mother, and your family... Take care of yourself & God Bless, Pogo

USA
                    United States
                    Member #58396
                    February 13, 2008
                    299 Posts
                    Posted: October 12, 2008, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

pcnut, you are right. It is time. I too, am having the same feelings. sfilippo is right. This is much much more than a financial meltdown. You

have to follow your heart.  I will be praying for you, your mother and your family.  GOD Bless you pcnut

United States
                      Member #916
                      December 12, 2002
                      18335 Posts
                      Posted: October 12, 2008, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

We'll miss you Pcnut....Take care

Chouq

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                        Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #56506
                        November 21, 2007
                        6537 Posts
                        Posted: October 12, 2008, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

Good luck in all that you do Pcnut! I hope all goes well for you in your future endeavors.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
                          Fughedaboutit (NY)
                          United States
                          Member #8160
                          October 26, 2004
                          6777 Posts
                          Posted: October 12, 2008, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

pcnut, follow your Faith. 

I wish your Mother a full recovery.  I'll keep you and your Family in my prayers.

Stop by and say hello sometime, we'll leave a light on for you. Smiley

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

Bahamas
                            Member #44107
                            July 30, 2006
                            251 Posts
                            Posted: October 13, 2008, 3:46 am - IP Logged

During the last couple weeks I was kind of feeling the same thing that you are feeling.  Actually in my dream my father came to me early one morning and knocked on my bedroom door I answered the door and he asked me if I was still gambling. I wasn't even aware that he knew I was playing regularly, I was in shock. I don't know whether this was my heavenly father or earthly father because when I open my bedroom door there was no one there. It was a dream.

From that day I realize that I was putting too much time into playing the lottery games and felt the urge to stop playing and I slowed down and eventually I think I am going to stop. I went to church the following Sunday and one of the songs they sang was IN TIMES LIKE THESE WE NEED A SAVIOR, IN TIMES LIKE THESE WE NEED AN ANCHOR, BE VERY SURE, BE VERY SURE YOUR ANCHOR HOLDS AND GRIPS THE SOLID ROCK AND THIS ROCK IS JESUS. That song was very touching to me. That was my first time going to church in months. I was so caught up in playing the lottery game until I didn't want to go anywhere when the balls were falling. Sometimes I would spend my entire lunch hour in the number house or even leave work to put in my numbers because my computer at work is not connected to the internet.

With so much going on in this world, I do think that it is time to get closer to god.. We need to read our bible more often and worship more with fellow belivevers and make sure we have an anchor which is JESUS. 

If you feel personally that playing the lottery is a SIN then it is in your best interest to stop playing. When I started playing I looked at it as something to do for recreation and possibly winning cash in return but now I feel the urge to stop playing as well because I am investing too much time in it.  Time I can be doing other more important things.

Follow your heart and your mind pcnut and I wish you all the best in the future.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5118 Posts
                              Posted: October 15, 2008, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

CBR

pcnut

we>>I respect ur decision

butttt,>remember>"UR"!!

that "SPECIAL PERSON"!!!

>remember> {someone LUV's >>>UUUUU}!

YOY HAVE DONE NOTHING"$$$$$$$ WRONG my FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOY HAVE DONE NOTHING"$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"<<WRONG>>!!!

PSYKOMO