Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 2:04 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing Holiday instant tickets.

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 8 years ago by DoctorEw220.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
North Dakota
United States
Member #13397
April 5, 2005
1623 Posts
Posted: November 8, 2008, 3:19 am - IP Logged

Never had a loser? Man, that's an awesome run !

Our latest holiday scratchoff here is $5 and has 1 in 60,000 odds at winning 60 bucks.  If you buy a box quickpick for $1 you have 1 in 220 chance of winning 40 bucks.

Sounds like you have a lot better scratchoff odds in TN.

That ticket is actually a GA ticket.  I've played it a few times buying only one ticket at a time.  However, the most I've won on this ticket was $50.  I don't get to Play GA tickets often because I'm either here at school or when I am back home in the Tennessee Valley I don't go to GA much.  But when I do I make sure I pick up a MM and a Jumbo Jumbo Bucks if I have some extra cash.  (Since I'm a college student that isn't often)  The last scratch off or lottery ticket I bought was back in August. 

As for the Holiday Instants...  They make great stocking stuffers but I don't expect much from them.  Good luck if you do play these tickets.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
    North Dakota
    United States
    Member #13397
    April 5, 2005
    1623 Posts
    Posted: November 8, 2008, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

I just noticed something.  TN just released "Holiday Cash"  a $5 instant ticket.  The ticket offers a Top Prize of $75,000 and its overall odds are 1:4.22.  Can someone say RIP OFF?  FYI: They have a $5 ticket called Sapphire Blue 7's that offers a $77,777 top prize and overall odds are 1:3...  You do that math.   I think I'll stick to Sapphires.  I've done well on them in the past.  I think I'll bybass the TN holiday greed.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
      Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: November 15, 2008, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

I remember back when PA and OH offered $20 tickets that at least got $5 back.  That was back when they were intended as gifts.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
        Member #58528
        February 18, 2008
        710 Posts
        Posted: November 16, 2008, 10:47 am - IP Logged

I remember back when PA and OH offered $20 tickets that at least got $5 back.  That was back when they were intended as gifts.

I've never seen a scratch off ticket that the lowest prize was less than the price of a ticket.I would never play a scratch off ticket that only paid 1/4 of the price of the ticket.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
          Yinzer Country, PA
          United States
          Member #4067
          March 18, 2004
          2741 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2008, 12:20 am - IP Logged

Yes, but there was a guarenteed prize on every ticket though.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.