Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

It's getting hard to stay enthusiastic...

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 8 years ago by wiltay.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19831 Posts
Posted: November 10, 2008, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

I gave up the chase about a month ago, and you know the rest of the story...

The best thing I can say is that for those that don't think this game is random - you are idiots. It IS as random as you can get, that is what makes it so neat, but it's also what makes it so frustrating.

When you participate in lottery games that expect to have only one jackpot winner out of every 14M-175M tickets sold then the best you can hope for is to be in the chase.   The games are random but that doesn't mean they aren't winnable and many winners do pick their own numbers.  The main point is you have to be in it to win it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

L J1's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #54181
    August 8, 2007
    123 Posts
    Posted: November 10, 2008, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

I get that feeling to sometimes. But some intuition of mine keeps pulling me back into this hobby of mine. Like many have said "You can't win if you don't play". Playing with a pool needs to be treated like a business. Meetings, discussions Need to take place often. Just to see where the pool's direction is headed. And to make sure All members are on the same page. If the game is too big (odd stacked), another game needs to be discussed (less odds).  Or perhaps disban the pool altogether.

Balance is Key

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5124 Posts
      Posted: November 10, 2008, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

It's getting hard to stay enthusiastic after playing in a pool for over a year and a half without getting anything more than a 3 or 4 outa 6 win!  I used to be so much more enthusiastic about playing, but now it seems like it is just becoming a routine-not getting excited about it very much any more!  Know what I mean?No Nod

I Agree!

Psyko has a $20 a week POOL>>we R not pleased with RESULTS<<!!!!!

Psyko must be a F@@L-4-PAIN>>"I" play a few BUCK$ on my OWN<<!!

Jack-in-the-BoxLOL 2-U and all UR POOL>>>>>>

"NO PAIN'$>>>NO GAIN'$"

PSYKOMO

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: November 11, 2008, 3:10 am - IP Logged

There is nothing wrong at all with going for the home run (Powerball, Mega, etc.), I just made a personal decision to just try and get a lot of 'singles', and so far, I am WAY WAY ahead, I should have done this years ago.  I do have a nice new 40" LCD TV courtesy of part of my winnings.   

Will my luck last ?

I don't know, but I still continue to set my limits, and adhere to them.

My MAIN theory, how I am playing ?

The very simple theory of 'sets of numbers not to repeat in a set order in a given time frame'.

And I learned it by doing all the research for Powerball.

Southwest Florida
          United States
          Member #56183
          November 6, 2007
          75 Posts
          Posted: November 11, 2008, 5:13 am - IP Logged

There is nothing wrong at all with going for the home run (Powerball, Mega, etc.), I just made a personal decision to just try and get a lot of 'singles', and so far, I am WAY WAY ahead, I should have done this years ago.  I do have a nice new 40" LCD TV courtesy of part of my winnings.   

Will my luck last ?

I don't know, but I still continue to set my limits, and adhere to them.

My MAIN theory, how I am playing ?

The very simple theory of 'sets of numbers not to repeat in a set order in a given time frame'.

And I learned it by doing all the research for Powerball.

Hmmm..."sets of numbers not to repeat in a set order in a given time frame."

I've got some good tips too on picking numbers, but it seems that most (if not all) of the people prefer us playing with Quick Picks.  Although, I have analyzed and picked a few numbers anyway with sometimes a 3/6 result.

Maybe I'll try that again, just for fun!Smiley

Entertaiment Capital
            United States
            Member #37800
            April 19, 2006
            302 Posts
            Posted: November 12, 2008, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

I am sorry to be a party-pooper but chances are no one in this forum(including me) will win a jackpot.

Sometimes I wonder if the jackpot winners are chosen by destiny. If so, a person's moral value doesn't seem to affect the winning. Jack Whittaker was a moron even before winning the jackpot and there is at least one convicted rapist who won a jackpot. In Korea, some of the jackpot winners were ex-cons and even fugitives.

MysteryMan424's avatar - batman22
              Pelham NY
              United States
              Member #60411
              April 16, 2008
              169 Posts
              Posted: November 12, 2008, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Is this a poll?

Southwest Florida
                United States
                Member #56183
                November 6, 2007
                75 Posts
                Posted: November 17, 2008, 10:52 am - IP Logged

Is this a poll?

No.

This was a thread for me to vent on all the recent Lotto plays I've recently made and haven't won a thing!  Usually, it seems I could count on winning at least 10% of what was played.  But, now...0% of what I played.  I'm trying to maintain a PMA (positive mental attitude), but needing a boost right about now...Bang Head

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5124 Posts
                  Posted: November 17, 2008, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

No.

This was a thread for me to vent on all the recent Lotto plays I've recently made and haven't won a thing!  Usually, it seems I could count on winning at least 10% of what was played.  But, now...0% of what I played.  I'm trying to maintain a PMA (positive mental attitude), but needing a boost right about now...Bang Head

RM101:

IT is G@@D 2 VENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!

I just went thru dryspell of hits

BUT, 4-D last 3 week's hit 50% of

all my PLAY'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

HOW long will>>>>IT-LA$T?????????

translation:

This based on money I spent>>the

return was .50 on the 1.00 spent

When U play 4 JACKPOT>>>>>>>>>>>

can't EXPECT moe unless U win JP!

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2-U

PSYKOMO

Southwest Florida
                    United States
                    Member #56183
                    November 6, 2007
                    75 Posts
                    Posted: November 18, 2008, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the encouragement!Thumbs Up

autoprt's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
                      Member #39356
                      May 14, 2006
                      44 Posts
                      Posted: December 11, 2008, 12:42 am - IP Logged

one thing i always tell people who are in a group playing the same numbers one way to increase the odds is at least make sure all the tickets you have whether you are playing mega millions or powerball is to make sure you have the mega ball or the power ball covered.

when you just get quick picks the majority of the time the mega and power balls are duplicated and you are reducing your chance to at least hit the mega or power ball.

in a pool you are buying enough tickets to cover each number for the mega and power ball and hopefully you may get lucky and hit a large number of numbers for the game.

its a simple concept but i'm surprised so many people never think of this.

i also see suggest the same thing for people who go out and buy $50 worth of quick picks for the mega million and power ball games.

United States
                        Member #60947
                        May 7, 2008
                        313 Posts
                        Posted: December 13, 2008, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

I know what you mean.  My group at work has stopped playing and now I

only play every now and then.  I've decided to stop playing and save my

money and take a trip to the boat and see how that goes.