Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Millionaire Raffle!

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 8 years ago by GamerMom.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23267 Posts
Posted: November 20, 2008, 10:12 am - IP Logged

REQUEST!

With the holiday raffle period approaching, I'd like to get all of the raffles in every state (USA) and province (Canada) put onto the Event Calendar, but I need some help from those who could offer it.

Who could dedicate some time to collecting all the info needed, so that I can plug them into the calendar?

The info I need for each raffle is:

• The URL (link) of the page on the official lottery site containing info about the raffle
  • Drawing date
  • Total number of tickets offered in the raffle
  • Price per ticket
  • List of available prize (quantity of prizes at each level, and prize amount)
  • Date tickets will go on sale (if they are not already on sale)

Is there someone who would volunteer some time to putting that info together into one consolidated listing?  It could either be e-mailed or PM'ed to me, either is fine.

Thanks!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

mymonthlypicks's avatar - spider
    Virginia Beach,Va
    United States
    Member #65378
    September 25, 2008
    1180 Posts
    Posted: November 20, 2008, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

REQUEST!

With the holiday raffle period approaching, I'd like to get all of the raffles in every state (USA) and province (Canada) put onto the Event Calendar, but I need some help from those who could offer it.

Who could dedicate some time to collecting all the info needed, so that I can plug them into the calendar?

• The URL (link) of the page on the official lottery site containing info about the raffle
    • Drawing date
    • Price per ticket

Is there someone who would volunteer some time to putting that info together into one consolidated listing?  It could either be e-mailed or PM'ed to me, either is fine.

Thanks!

Todd heres' the Info for Virginia Raffle

Url - http://www.valottery.com/promotion/raffle/

Virginia’s New Year's Millionaire Raffle is the new limited-edition game that plays like most raffles – with some huge prizes!

This exciting, limited-time game will create
    4 new Virginia millionaires on New Years Eve! With the best chance of winning $1 million from the Virginia Lottery – 1 in 110,000.

Winners will be announced
    on December 31, 2008 @ 11:00 PM

Only 440,000 tickets will be sold

On New Year's Eve, a drawing will be held to randomly select the following winners:

• 4 winners of $1,000,000
    • 4 winners of $50,000
    • 400 winners of $500

Their going to collect 8.8 Million and award only 4.4 mIL, wHAT A pROFIT

Lotteries Should take care of our Taxes, Wishful Thinking

If OBAMA'S The ANSWER

How STUPID was the QUESTION?

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23267 Posts
      Posted: November 20, 2008, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Todd heres' the Info for Virginia Raffle

Url - http://www.valottery.com/promotion/raffle/

Virginia’s New Year's Millionaire Raffle is the new limited-edition game that plays like most raffles – with some huge prizes!

This exciting, limited-time game will create
      4 new Virginia millionaires on New Years Eve! With the best chance of winning $1 million from the Virginia Lottery – 1 in 110,000.

Winners will be announced
      on December 31, 2008 @ 11:00 PM

Only 440,000 tickets will be sold

On New Year's Eve, a drawing will be held to randomly select the following winners:

• 4 winners of $1,000,000
      • 4 winners of $50,000
      • 400 winners of $500

Their going to collect 8.8 Million and award only 4.4 mIL, wHAT A pROFIT

Lotteries Should take care of our Taxes, Wishful Thinking

Great, thanks!

Any other volunteers?  There are lots of raffles coming up!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
        Member #58528
        February 18, 2008
        710 Posts
        Posted: November 21, 2008, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Here are the details to Idaho's Raffle.

The Big Orange Ticket is Back! Lottery unveils 2008 $1,000,000 Raffle     (10/24/2008)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Friday, October 24, 2008

(208) 334-2136, ext. 321       

The Big Orange Ticket is Back!

Lottery unveils 2008 $1,000,000 Raffle

Boise – It’s big. It’s orange. It’s back and it’s better than ever!  The Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle will officially kick-off sales at 6:00 PM Mountain Time on Friday, November 7, 2008.  Just like last year’s popular game, tickets will cost $10 each and the Idaho Lottery will only issue 250,000.

“Last year’s raffle was a huge success and at the overwhelming request of our players, the Idaho Lottery is pleased to return the Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle to our holiday line-up,” announced Idaho Lottery Director Jeff Anderson. “One of those lucky tickets will be worth $1,000,000 – I guarantee it.”

As an Idaho-only game, Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle tickets are only available for sale through Idaho Lottery retail locations. This game is not sold in any other state, however, players do not need to be Idaho residents to play or win. Tickets will be issued sequentially from 000,001 through 250,000.  No additional tickets will be issued once all 250,000 are sold.  When they are gone, they’re gone. The odds of winning $1,000,000 remains the same at one in 250,000, the best ever offered by the Idaho Lottery for a seven-figure prize.

There are over 2,000 total prizes for the 2008 edition of the Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle, up from last year’s 805.  In addition to the top prize of $1,000,000 and four $15,000 prizes, there are five-hundred $300 prizes and one-hundred-fifty $100 prizes.  In addition, as tickets are sold, players could become a “Raffle Instant Winner” and win $50 at the time they purchase their ticket. That same ticket also qualifies as an entry for the final drawing.

This year’s winning numbers announcement will take place at 9:59 PM Mountain Time on December 30, 2008.  Last year’s game sold out in less than 36 days.   Lottery officials reminded players to play the Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle responsibly. Anderson also encouraged players to sign the back of their ticket once it has been purchased and to keep it in a safe place until the Lottery announces the winner on December 30, 2008.

Also during the announcement, Anderson stated in 19 years the Idaho Lottery has had tremendous success by continuing to provide innovative games like the Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle. “Since it’s inception in 1989, the Idaho Lottery has had more than $1.7 billion in sales, awarded over $1 billion in prizes to players, returned $100 million in retail commissions, and distributed more than $402 million in Lottery dividends to Idaho public schools and buildings,” added Anderson.

# # #

United States
          Member #58528
          February 18, 2008
          710 Posts
          Posted: November 21, 2008, 2:08 am - IP Logged

Heres some info on the New Jersey Raffle.

How to Play

Jersey Jackpot Raffle tickets cost $20 each and will be going on sale Monday, December 8, 2008. There will be one drawing, held on January 21, 2009 to select all 1,216 winners. Sales will end when 500,000 tickets are sold or at 6:30 pm on that date, whichever comes first. Your Jersey Jackpot Raffle ticket will contain a unique number that will be automatically entered into the drawing.

A Total of $5 million in cash prizes will be awarded in the Jersey Jackpot Raffle.

Jersey Jackpot Raffle tickets will be issued by the green machine gaming terminal. Each ticket will contain a unique six (6)-digit raffle number printed on it. Raffle numbers will be produced in sequential order with no omissions or duplicates. Players are NOT able to pick their own numbers. Jersey Jackpot Raffle tickets CANNOT be cancelled. The sales period for Jersey Jackpot Raffle tickets is December 8, 2008 through January 21, 2009 or when all 500,000 tickets are sold, whichever comes first.

There will be one drawing on January 21, 2009 to select the winners. Winning tickets may be validated at any New Jersey Lottery Retailer shortly after the 8pm nightly drawing on January 21, 2009

mymonthlypicks's avatar - spider
            Virginia Beach,Va
            United States
            Member #65378
            September 25, 2008
            1180 Posts
            Posted: November 21, 2008, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Florida Holiday MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE

Florida Raffle  **I will send someone in florida the money if they will buy me a few tickets and send the tickets back to me. In Advance Thanks And E-mail me if Interested

http://www.flalottery.com/hmr2008/en/howtoplay.html

Tickets went on Sell Nov 14,2008

Drawing will be Held On Dec 31 2008

1 Million Tickets will be Sold @ $20.00 each

9 - $1,000,000

10 - $50,000

12 - $5.000

1,000 - $ 500

If OBAMA'S The ANSWER

How STUPID was the QUESTION?

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
              Republic of Texas
              United States
              Member #57557
              January 9, 2008
              1095 Posts
              Posted: November 23, 2008, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

Michigan Millionaire Raffle

http://www.michigan.gov/lottery/0,1607,7-110-46442_812_43902---,00.html

The Lottery's Millionaire Raffle is back!  A limited number of tickets, only 600,000, will be sold at all Lottery terminals across Michigan beginning November 10, 2008.  Each ticket sold will contain a unique six-digit number from 000001 to 600000.  In a single drawing scheduled for no earlier than January 5, 2009, 6,018 raffle tickets will be randomly selected to win the following great prizes:

PrizeOdds of Winning
              6 grand prizes of $1,000,000 each (annuitized over 20 years*) 1:100,000
              12 prizes of $100,000 each1:50,000
              2000 prizes of $500 each1:300
              4000 prizes of $100 each1:150

Overall: 1:100

Odds are just 1 in 100,000 that a player will become one of six new millionaires in the most $1,000,000 prizes ever awarded in a Michigan Lottery game!

• Tickets are $20 each and can be purchased 7 days a week at any online or Club Keno retailer
              • The first 100,000 tickets printed will be sold at a discounted price of $18 each.
              • Tickets will be printed in numerical order as issued
              • No additional tickets will be available for purchase when all 600,000 tickets are sold
              • Tickets will be easy picks only; players cannot pick their own numbers
              • Tickets cannot be cancelled and multi-draw wagers are not available
              • Ticket sales will end no later than 1:59 a.m. on the day of the drawing
              • There will be only one drawing no earlier than January 5, 2009
              • The drawing will be conducted at 9 a.m. Results will be available on the web site at approximately 10:30 a.m.
              • Player must match their numbers in exact order to those drawn by the Lottery
              • Players must have their original Millionaire Raffle ticket to claim their prize
              • Prizes must be claimed within one year of draw date
              • Winning numbers will be posted on Lottery's Web site at www.michigan.gov/lottery at approximately noon and all Michigan Lottery offices
              • $100 and $500 prizes may be claimed at any Michigan Lottery retailer, office or licensed claim center
              • $1,000,000 and $100,000 prize winners must call the Lottery's Public Relations Division at (517) 373-1237 to schedule an appointment to claim their prize

* The $1,000,000 prize winners will receive their prize payments over a 20-year period unless, within 60 days from the date they claim their prize, they request the Cash Option method of payment.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7313 Posts
                Posted: November 24, 2008, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

REQUEST!

• Drawing date
                • Price per ticket

Thanks!

The Ohio Lottery is having a New Years raffle too.

Q.  What is the New Year’s Raffle?
                A.
                  New Year’s Raffle is an exciting game with the best odds to win $1 million dollars! 

Q.  How many prizes are available?
                A. 
                The game will consist of the following prizes:

• 4- $1 million prizes (Odds 1 in 125,000)
                • 2- $100,000 prizes (Odd 1 in 250,000)
                • 500- $500 prizes (Odds 1 in 1,000)
                • 5,500- $100 instant win coupons ( Odds 1 in 91)

Q.  How much does each ticket cost?
                A.
                  Each ticket costs $20.

Q.  When can I purchase a ticket?
                A.
                  Tickets go on sale November 14, 2008.

Q.  Can I select my own numbers?
                A.
                  No.  Raffle numbers are generated through the gaming system. 

Q.  When does the New Year’s Raffle drawing occur?
                A.  The New Year’s Raffle drawing will occur on Wednesday, December 31, 2008.  The drawing date will not be extended. Results will be posted the same day on the Ohio Lottery's web site at 8:30 PM.

Q.  When can I cash my winning New Year’s Raffle ticket?
                A.  If you win $500, you may cash your ticket beginning Thursday, January 1, 2009. Winners of the top prizes can redeem their prize at any Lottery Regional Office beginning Friday, January 2, 2009.

Q.  How will the Ohio State Lottery publicize the winning raffle numbers?

A.  Several methods will be used to communicate the Winning Raffle Numbers to both retailers and players.  Here’s how it will happen:

• Retailers will be able to print a Winning Numbers Report from their Altura terminals that will list all 506 winning ticket numbers after the 7:30 evening drawing.
                • New Year’s Raffle drawing results will be posted to this web site at 8:30 PM on December 31.  All 506 winning numbers will be listed sequentially and by prize tier.
                • During the live broadcast of the evening drawing on Wednesday, December 31, the top 6 winning raffle ticket numbers will be crawled by our carrier television stations.

Q.  Is there anything special about the numbering sequence for the sale of New Year’s Raffle tickets?
                A.  Yes!  Tickets will be sold in reverse order.  The first ticket sold will bear the number 500000.  The last ticket sold will be ticket number 000001. 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: December 31, 2008, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Well, Florida just announced the nine $1M winners and every winner was purchased on the East Coast.  4 out of 9 were in Miami-Dade.  There's one area I'm not familiar with, so I googled it.  According to Wiki, "Pinecrest is a village in Miami-Dade County..."     2 were purchased in Orlando.   Well, congrats to the winners.   I'm still waiting for the other results before I toss my ticket into the trash.  (fingers crossed)

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
                    Member #60535
                    April 21, 2008
                    460 Posts
                    Posted: December 31, 2008, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Well, Florida just announced the nine $1M winners and every winner was purchased on the East Coast.  4 out of 9 were in Miami-Dade.  There's one area I'm not familiar with, so I googled it.  According to Wiki, "Pinecrest is a village in Miami-Dade County..."     2 were purchased in Orlando.   Well, congrats to the winners.   I'm still waiting for the other results before I toss my ticket into the trash.  (fingers crossed)

that just doesn't seem right some how