Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If someone wins big, who gets the money for selling the winning ticket?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 8 years ago by cosmotravis.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #54390
August 17, 2007
313 Posts
Posted: November 20, 2008, 1:47 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't tip anyone if I won big because then it'd be extremely obvious that I won and contracts aren't going to work either... I guess it could be done anonymously or some silly contract though still, you never know, it could cause more problems than it's worth.

when someone wins a mega millions , the person who sold the winning ticket gets $25,000..

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: November 20, 2008, 1:56 am - IP Logged

I will start tipping store clerks when they start giving me money out of sympathy for all my losing tickets. I am still waiting...

DC81's avatar - batman39
      MI
      United States
      Member #54830
      August 31, 2007
      985 Posts
      Posted: November 20, 2008, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

when someone wins a mega millions , the person who sold the winning ticket gets $25,000..

Eh? $50,000 in Michigan but that's to the store owner and they might share it with employees.

You can't predict random.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: November 20, 2008, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

I've never heard of that. I thought only the store owner was given money if someone won a big prize.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19830 Posts
          Posted: November 20, 2008, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

I will start tipping store clerks when they start giving me money out of sympathy for all my losing tickets. I am still waiting...

I use to feel sorry for the store clerks when they printed out tickets by mistakes while processing my play slips and buy them since MM tickets can't be canceled and they would have to buy them or find someone else to buy them, but I never won a $1 doing that so now when they ask if I would also like to buy their mistakes I say "No Thanks".

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5122 Posts
            Posted: November 21, 2008, 12:07 am - IP Logged

I use to feel sorry for the store clerks when they printed out tickets by mistakes while processing my play slips and buy them since MM tickets can't be canceled and they would have to buy them or find someone else to buy them, but I never won a $1 doing that so now when they ask if I would also like to buy their mistakes I say "No Thanks".

sORRY<<<<rJOH:

"DON'T WISH 2 CALL U CHEAP"...BUT

WITH UR SYSTEM>>>>>U SHOULD PAY$$

JUST 4-D LUCK>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"kinda like going 2>>>CHURCH>>>"!

Jack-in-the-Box....IF U NO WHAT I TONK'NBOUT!

lol

psykomo

cosmotravis's avatar - f ssr.jpg

United States
              Member #65357
              September 25, 2008
              96 Posts
              Posted: November 21, 2008, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

def give the clerk something, maybe a new Altima.   I've done that 'sh!t" work before and feel for anyone else who does.  guess it depends who your bosses are, and unfort none of mine were nice.  lol

after winning it, i'd either buy the station or build one right across the street.  emply the dude that sold the ticket,  go FULL SERVICE and watch that place close like a house of cards.