Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Rituals/Good Luck Charms

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Dollar419.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Do you have any rituals you follow when buying lottery tickets and do you have any lucky charms??

I have a ritual I follow. [ 6 ]  [8.45%]
I have a good luck charm(s). [ 15 ]  [21.13%]
Neither. [ 41 ]  [57.75%]
Both. [ 6 ]  [8.45%]
Other (Please elaborate). [ 3 ]  [4.23%]
Total Valid Votes [ 71 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #61435
May 22, 2008
906 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2009, 9:09 am - IP Logged

The only ritual I have is that I always play both Wed and Sat drawings.  I have a brass four leaf clover that I put my tickets under for good luck.  What about you? Cool

Talking Rock, GA
    United States
    Member #60369
    April 15, 2008
    398 Posts
    Posted: January 2, 2009, 11:59 am - IP Logged

I do have what I might call a good luck charm (even though I still hit losers sometimes when I buy Razz ).  It's a Georgia Lottery "Today Could Be The Day" gold scratcher coin.  It's different from the other ones I got that night (at a fair where they had a GA Lottery booth -- this was before I joined LP).  It's the only one of the few that I have that, on the back, there's an......I guess you might say an "imperfection".....that looks like the symbol for "pi" (3.14 blah blah blah yada yada yada).  That same scratcher netted me $100 twice (on a $20 and a $2 ticket) and a bunch of other nice winners. Smile

(I might get a picture of it later and post it to my blog.)

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2009, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

I don't really have a ritual or good luck charm, unless you count buying tickets every Wed. and Sat. a ritual.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: January 2, 2009, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

You mean when I dress up in a chicken suit and cluck my numbers? 

Buck buck buck 2....buck buck buck 7.... buck buck buck 19, etc.

Turkey

Nah, I really don't have any rituals.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10345 Posts
          Posted: January 2, 2009, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Justxploring, I knew your reply here would be a dinger!

Yeah, I have "lucky" charms, but I can only imgagine the lucky charms the lottery has!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
            Albuquerque, New Mexico
            United States
            Member #5128
            June 18, 2004
            377 Posts
            Posted: January 2, 2009, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

No, I don't have any rituals or lucky charms, and I don't eat the cereal, "Lucky Charms," either.  I used to own a rabbit's foot...hum, I wonder what happened to it?

If an LP member has his or her own charm, good luck. Who am I to say it won't work for you in the long run? In these hard economic times, whatever it takes to get you over the hump, do it.

Finally, what's with throwing salt over one's shoulder? Maybe, I'll try that one.

See Ya!-- Bye, bye!  When you win, may you glow as brightly as theSun Smiley

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
              Connecticut
              United States
              Member #61623
              May 29, 2008
              20581 Posts
              Posted: January 2, 2009, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

I clicked other because when I pick a states short term picks,I watch / listen to  particular video to get the right perspective going..as for scratchers I need all the charms I can get.Seems i find the decks that are overly abundant with $1 hits  lol

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
                Washington *state*
                United States
                Member #62009
                June 14, 2008
                192 Posts
                Posted: January 2, 2009, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

You mean when I dress up in a chicken suit and cluck my numbers? 

Buck buck buck 2....buck buck buck 7.... buck buck buck 19, etc.

Turkey

Nah, I really don't have any rituals.

HEY! You stole my ritual! LMBO!

Thats a good one!

I guess maybe I should get a luck charm or ritual because I have NO luck at all.  I mean NO luck.  I have won like my dollar back on a dollar ticket....my five back on a five dollar ticket...but I think out of all the tickets I have bought..roughly one or two scratchers everytime I go to the store..every other day it seems..I may have came out ahead ($1-$2) maybe 5 times every 4 months.

I got my numbers for MM when it hits 50M...and what the heck...I'm gonna cluck my numbers through the house for good luck lol.Crazy

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

United States
                  Member #58528
                  February 18, 2008
                  710 Posts
                  Posted: January 2, 2009, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

A friend of mine that used to live in N'awlins made me up a mojo bag a few years ago.Does it work?I won $21,000 on a scratch off ticket the week after I got it.I've had several other wins since I got it,too,including a $10,000 slot machine win.I'm waiting for a major,life changing PB or MM win now.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    CA
                    United States
                    Member #57222
                    December 23, 2007
                    587 Posts
                    Posted: January 3, 2009, 8:12 am - IP Logged

A friend of mine that used to live in N'awlins made me up a mojo bag a few years ago.Does it work?I won $21,000 on a scratch off ticket the week after I got it.I've had several other wins since I got it,too,including a $10,000 slot machine win.I'm waiting for a major,life changing PB or MM win now.

I  too have  a mojo bag full of my favorite lucky gems and spices, I try to buy my Sat tickets on Thursday-my lucky day, and I wear an aventurine ring on my hand.  It is suppose to be worn on the left but my wedding ring is there  which for me is  the best good luck charm there is.

United States
                      Member #58528
                      February 18, 2008
                      710 Posts
                      Posted: January 3, 2009, 10:14 am - IP Logged

I  too have  a mojo bag full of my favorite lucky gems and spices, I try to buy my Sat tickets on Thursday-my lucky day, and I wear an aventurine ring on my hand.  It is suppose to be worn on the left but my wedding ring is there  which for me is  the best good luck charm there is.

Don't tell anyone whats in your mojo bag or where you keep it on your body or it won't work.I also keep a buckeye in one of my pants pocket for good luck.

Texas Joey's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
                        Katy, Tx
                        United States
                        Member #67709
                        December 3, 2008
                        204 Posts
                        Posted: January 3, 2009, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

I have a Lucky Lottery Trol that is sit on my tickets.  I have not won much just the pick 3 game.  The Mega would be very nice.

Lep Texas Joey

charmed7's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                          MICHIGAN
                          United States
                          Member #65282
                          September 22, 2008
                          1992 Posts
                          Posted: January 5, 2009, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

Cuttttttttttttttttte!!!   lolBig Smile

Danville
                            United States
                            Member #69211
                            January 6, 2009
                            10 Posts
                            Posted: January 6, 2009, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

Nothing works for my family.

Avid Playa's avatar - the eye.png
                              Freeport, Grand Bahama
                              Bahamas
                              Member #57164
                              December 20, 2007
                              120 Posts
                              Posted: January 6, 2009, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

Smile  Well, Happy New Year to all!  In my humble opinion, to each his own; but I simply don't believe in rituals, charms and the like.  I think that's all just a bunch of hogwash, poppy<snip> and frankly bull<snip> ... though that could work some people too, 'cause like I said before, to each his own. 

I believe that everything is timing and when its time for a number or a set of numbers to come - then they come, that's it - I just call my numbers in when iits time for them to drop like a ripe fruit off a tree! Logical system and confidence in it does the trick every time - I'm a happy player!

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Pick Smart ... 'cause WINNING is EVERYTHING!  Guitar