Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

1 Billion Dollar Powerball Jackpot!

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 8 years ago by chasingadream.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

What would you do if you won a billion dollar Powerball?

Would you be scared if you won? [ 11 ]  [20.37%]
Would you move to another country? [ 7 ]  [12.96%]
Go on national TV and let the world see you? [ 4 ]  [7.41%]
Of course quit my job! [ 32 ]  [59.26%]
Total Valid Votes [ 54 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
grengrad's avatar - nw rogue.jpg
Raleigh
United States
Member #49057
January 17, 2007
172 Posts
Posted: January 19, 2009, 1:09 am - IP Logged

A few more things.

12. Play sober for serious money and once you are drunk, goof around at small stakes.

13. I always play for serious money alone. I may come with 2-3 friends, and goof around with them at small stakes, but when I want to make some money, I play alone without distractions at the table I choose, and the game I choose, with 100% focus and 100% sober. Friends make you do stupid things, and while that may lead to great stories out in the world, it usually leads to bad stories at the tables.

Kidzmom's avatar - cold
    NC
    United States
    Member #11741
    February 23, 2005
    1233 Posts
    Posted: January 19, 2009, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

I think once it gets really big I will use more money to play even though I know the odds are the same.

Be kind to a stranger because you never know when you are talking to an angel.Blue Angel

KZM

Franklin Park, IL
      United States
      Member #68697
      December 28, 2008
      1 Posts
      Posted: January 21, 2009, 12:53 am - IP Logged

Money can't buy happiness, But try to be happy without, is imposible. So I'll be very happy and I'm sure i'll make my family a lot happyer for sure. So please let me win one good Jackpot so i can speriment with it. Good lock everyone and may the Lord bless every one.

iowa
        United States
        Member #32899
        February 16, 2006
        46 Posts
        Posted: January 21, 2009, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

Unforunately the powerball rules make this an almost impossibility. Once a new record high is reached the jackpot will only increase by a set amount per each drawing. I am not sure of the exact numbers, butthe new record(for Powerball) is around $390 million and then a set increase of about $20 million each drawing with the breakage being divvied up among the second tier winners. This was done to appease the people that whinge and moan about there only being one big winner of a large jackpot, or as I call them <snip>s. If people really wanted there to be multiple winners then the lower odds based jackpot games would be a bigger draw. For instance, if the Hot Lotto would attract the same dollars spent then the jackpot would more than likely have multiple winners. But the majority of people truly don't want there to be multiple winners of large jackpots or the local state lottos and such would be more popular. It happens every time there is a large jackpot, people idiotically saying " I don't care that I didn't win, I would just like there to be more than one winner of the jackpot!" To get back on topic, to reach $1 billion dollar jackpot the Powerball would have to rollover somewhere around 30 times after the record jackpot level is breached. Never happen. 

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
          Member #38687
          May 3, 2006
          315 Posts
          Posted: February 6, 2009, 1:30 am - IP Logged

let me be the 1st to say that I would literally spend my whole paycheck with OT on tickets if it ever go to this level ......lol

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot