Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

GIGABALL, with average jackpots of over a BILLION dollars, but the odds to match?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 8 years ago by DC81.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What about a lottery with average jackpots over a BILLION dollars, but 1 in 2,074,171,176 odds?

I'd play it regularly. That's a lot of money. [ 12 ]  [30.00%]
I'd play it sometimes, when the jackpot is big. [ 15 ]  [37.50%]
No, I would never buy tickets for that game. [ 13 ]  [32.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: January 30, 2009, 10:28 am - IP Logged

The U.S. will have rains of multi-millionaires.

I wish it did but it will not....Having rain of multimillionaires will be so awesome but i know it will not create "Rain of Multimillionaires"....

anyways  explain how it would....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: January 30, 2009, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

1 in 2 billion is just too much. I'm having a hard enough time beating of 1 in 2 thousand. But I fear this might be the not-too-distant future of lotteries, if current trends continue. I hope not though.

No offense intended.

(insert signature here)

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: February 3, 2009, 9:51 am - IP Logged

The real question is how much will $1 billion buy, then? A billion don't go as far as it used to.Clown

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
        Dallas, TX
        United States
        Member #60284
        April 12, 2008
        3856 Posts
        Posted: February 15, 2009, 9:00 am - IP Logged

It might just be that in the future, with the jackpot being in the billion dollar or more. One can buy get a space in the ocean and built your very own island, in the shape of Bugs Bunny, with small airport and lots of luxury hotels in exotic landscapes...

larry3100's avatar - larry icon2.jpg
          Redwood City,California
          United States
          Member #70503
          February 3, 2009
          200 Posts
          Posted: February 25, 2009, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

I'd be first in line for the mega mega mega millions.This is so far-out,it will bogal the human brain.Just imagine winning. You would most likley faint when you hear you won $2 billion dollars after taxes !!!! Eek

DC81's avatar - batman39
            MI
            United States
            Member #54830
            August 31, 2007
            985 Posts
            Posted: February 26, 2009, 7:09 am - IP Logged

Those odds are just way too high, as it stands now with odds similar to the current rounded down Powerball (1 in 195M) or MM (1 in 175M) odds there's a chance to make it to 400M so there's no real reason to increase the odds that much just for a potential tripling of the jackpot.

You can't predict random.