Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Dont know if this is a good idea but surely is better than winning the lottery

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2009, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

This is an idea that occured to me 3 years ago but remind me when i saw totallydavis post about a National LOtto...I don't know if is a good idea...Again i don't know if is a good idea, but i will say that is better than winning the lottery...Posted it here so that every member have a saying on it...I don't think anybody has thought about it...

Look you all the fact is that most of us will not win the lottery with stagerring odds...There are LP members that have trouble moving forward or have come across some troubles economically...They weren't asking for it...There are LP member who maybe perhaps have lost their jobs and his/her wife as cancer and that LP member only makes or used to make 20,000 a year....Situations depend...Think of it as LP Community own Charity, except that is not actually a charity is more of a Raffle Charity kind of thing...

And i thought, well there are 50,000 members here and i thought, why not every year the 50,000 member each put in 10 dollars or 20 dollars...Again each year...50,000 x 10 dollars equal: 500,000 and giving as 50,000 dollars that will make 10 winners...So i thought why not select 10 LP winners or 20 LP winners each year in december, LP members who are in dire circumstances and let the 10 LP winners each win 50,000 dollars...But no same LP winner can win twice for giving room for other LP winner is worse situations...And one contract the LP member in dire circumstances that win must sign a contract saying that after he wins he is going to join LP membership forever, like been a gold membership forever...Think of it as a community helping its own people, helping the weakest link of its community...And more now that the economy is worse...Tell me how much will it hurt you to spend 10 dollars a year, how many times have you taken 10 dollars and dump it in the trash [symbollically]...Literally this is ridiculous money that is asking of, 10 dollars a year...

If only this was a community of hackers...You know Hollywood should do this also...Deep inside something tells me that Hollywood does it too...The Church does it...We need to take advantage of numbers, there is power in numbers...

Another alternative is: Or something else we could do is we each put 20 dollars every year place the money in the bank and in 5 years we will have 5 million dollars...Then take those 5 million dollars place it in the bank and let the interest at 5%  give us 250,000 each year....Money that we can use for important stuff or stuff we need, like an Emergency Fund, each year there will be 250,000 in a fund that we [LP community] can use for emergencies or other stuff, think about it as or LP own Bank...Again this is taking advantage of the power of numbers...That's better than winning the lottery....

I don't know if is a great idea, but please i'll like all LP members to weigh in on this...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

bob27's avatar - chakra man1.jpg
    chicago
    United States
    Member #34162
    February 28, 2006
    315 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2009, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

This is good idea,but i dont think it will happen.You probably talking
    about the same lottery as millionaire raffles.We could even make more
    winners then just 10....like maybe 50 or 100? These are better odds then
    playing lottery.Question is,how we will select winners.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
      ORLANDO, FLORIDA
      United States
      Member #4924
      June 3, 2004
      5912 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2009, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

This is an idea that occured to me 3 years ago but remind me when i saw totallydavis post about a National LOtto...I don't know if is a good idea...Again i don't know if is a good idea, but i will say that is better than winning the lottery...Posted it here so that every member have a saying on it...I don't think anybody has thought about it...

Look you all the fact is that most of us will not win the lottery with stagerring odds...There are LP members that have trouble moving forward or have come across some troubles economically...They weren't asking for it...There are LP member who maybe perhaps have lost their jobs and his/her wife as cancer and that LP member only makes or used to make 20,000 a year....Situations depend...Think of it as LP Community own Charity, except that is not actually a charity is more of a Raffle Charity kind of thing...

And i thought, well there are 50,000 members here and i thought, why not every year the 50,000 member each put in 10 dollars or 20 dollars...Again each year...50,000 x 10 dollars equal: 500,000 and giving as 50,000 dollars that will make 10 winners...So i thought why not select 10 LP winners or 20 LP winners each year in december, LP members who are in dire circumstances and let the 10 LP winners each win 50,000 dollars...But no same LP winner can win twice for giving room for other LP winner is worse situations...And one contract the LP member in dire circumstances that win must sign a contract saying that after he wins he is going to join LP membership forever, like been a gold membership forever...Think of it as a community helping its own people, helping the weakest link of its community...And more now that the economy is worse...Tell me how much will it hurt you to spend 10 dollars a year, how many times have you taken 10 dollars and dump it in the trash [symbollically]...Literally this is ridiculous money that is asking of, 10 dollars a year...

If only this was a community of hackers...You know Hollywood should do this also...Deep inside something tells me that Hollywood does it too...The Church does it...We need to take advantage of numbers, there is power in numbers...

Another alternative is: Or something else we could do is we each put 20 dollars every year place the money in the bank and in 5 years we will have 5 million dollars...Then take those 5 million dollars place it in the bank and let the interest at 5%  give us 250,000 each year....Money that we can use for important stuff or stuff we need, like an Emergency Fund, each year there will be 250,000 in a fund that we [LP community] can use for emergencies or other stuff, think about it as or LP own Bank...Again this is taking advantage of the power of numbers...That's better than winning the lottery....

I don't know if is a great idea, but please i'll like all LP members to weigh in on this...

I'm far from being an legal expert, but from my years of experience in different fields, I have learned a lot of things. First , this sounds like you want Todd to run an illegal lottery, breaking many interstate laws. I don't think anyone can run a lottery, except state and federal governments.

chicago
        United States
        Member #34162
        February 28, 2006
        315 Posts
        Posted: March 13, 2009, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

I'm far from being an legal expert, but from my years of experience in different fields, I have learned a lot of things. First , this sounds like you want Todd to run an illegal lottery, breaking many interstate laws. I don't think anyone can run a lottery, except state and federal governments.

Yes,thats true,,but there's nothing wrong to ask.Lotterypost.com is online
        for pretty long long,and it is well known website.If that would happen,
        within a year lotterypost,would have millions of members.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: March 13, 2009, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Are you sure pumpi76 want Todd to run it?  I was thinking he was thinking about running it himself, after all it would be better for him then winning a lottery if he could get 50,000 people to send him $10-$20 with good odds of never seeing any of it again.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: March 13, 2009, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

well i don't know it looks like a raffle but at the same time it looks like a charity...Raffles are selected randomly, we are selecting the weakest link of our community....

i don't know it could be a raffle as well as it could not, i never thought of it...It will have to be research to see wheather is a raffle or not....And i wasn't thinking in Todd of running it i was thinking more of a selected/appointed "Treasurer" to run it...

and what about the other alternative one where we accumulate money for 5 years and place it in the bank and use the 250,000 each year as an emergency fund...Did you read the entire thing...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

filTRich's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
              FL
              United States
              Member #70657
              February 8, 2009
              66 Posts
              Posted: March 13, 2009, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

How are we going to make sure that this money really does go in the bank for LP members?

The Florida lottery initiated an investigation because I am a repeat winner.

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: March 13, 2009, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

well i don't know it looks like a raffle but at the same time it looks like a charity...Raffles are selected randomly, we are selecting the weakest link of our community....

i don't know it could be a raffle as well as it could not, i never thought of it...It will have to be research to see wheather is a raffle or not....And i wasn't thinking in Todd of running it i was thinking more of a selected/appointed "Treasurer" to run it...

and what about the other alternative one where we accumulate money for 5 years and place it in the bank and use the 250,000 each year as an emergency fund...Did you read the entire thing...

we don't even have to wait 5 years we could do it sooner, like if we ask each member to contribute 40 dollars, we will have 5 million dollars in 2.5 years...

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: March 13, 2009, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

we don't even have to wait 5 years we could do it sooner, like if we ask each member to contribute 40 dollars, we will have 5 million dollars in 2.5 years...

people please don't ask me questions, i just thought of it, i haven't thought how it will be run..

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: March 13, 2009, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

people please don't ask me questions, i just thought of it, i haven't thought how it will be run..

i was thinking we could all meet and discuss this further...

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: March 13, 2009, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

LOL....Big Grin

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19831 Posts
                        Posted: March 13, 2009, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

How are we going to make sure that this money really does go in the bank for LP members?

Do as this LP member does, put your money in your own personal account and then you know where it is and the only LP member using it, is you.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                          Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #56506
                          November 21, 2007
                          6537 Posts
                          Posted: March 13, 2009, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

You asked people to weigh in on your post but you don't want people to ask you questions?

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

chicago
                            United States
                            Member #34162
                            February 28, 2006
                            315 Posts
                            Posted: March 13, 2009, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

If i would run lotterypost.com ..maybe i could try something...like
                            monthly sweepstakes..we all could put money together or something.
                            I doubt,state goverment would let Todd run lottery here,but he can try it.

Honduras
                              Member #20982
                              August 29, 2005
                              4715 Posts
                              Posted: March 13, 2009, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

You asked people to weigh in on your post but you don't want people to ask you questions?

my bad that scarychick, what i meant to say is you all can ask me all the question you all like, but the thing is that the alternative 2, i just thought of it a couple of minutes ago plus i am doing chores in the house...If you all give me more time like a couple of day maybe, MAYBE i can think of better ways to run this...

i was hoping you all would weigh in and add suggestions....