Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Site updated this evening (Thursday)

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23273 Posts
Posted: June 19, 2009, 12:01 am - IP Logged

This site improvements continue, this time the highlight is a new utility for Gold and Platinum members for managing their image uploads.

Here is a list of updates made within the past hour.  As always, detail can be found on the Change Log.

• Added new Image Manager utility/page for managing and editing image uploads for premium members (previously Image Manager was only available as a toolbar button in the various Lottery Post text editors).  Guests and Standard members can also go there and see a description of the Image Manager.
  • New menu item for Image Manager is available in the Members menu ("My Images")
  • Upgraded the Image Manager software product to the latest release, which fixes IE8 bugs and adds a new Download option for each image
  • Updated all Image Manager references, descriptions, and links on Premium Memberships page and Premium Features page, and added Image Manager to Site Map
  • Improved "view link" popup window various pages around the site that explains only the available ways to copy link for the specific browser being used (previously instructions were too long and may have described "Copy" options that weren't available for the user's browser brand)
  • Improved IE6 upgrade page, including demonstration of bad IE6 security weakness
  • Improvement to main Lottery Results page to make Flash detection happen instantly and silently, eliminating slight pause (with redirection) the first time the page is accessed
  • Consolidated JavaScript files in Classic ASP pages on the site, eliminating one download per page (increasing performance)
  • Slight accuracy improvement to page timer shown at bottom of each page
  • Added S.C. MultiMatch 6 to Quick Picks page (6/37 game)
  • Fixed links to news stories displayed on search results

Are you still using the IE 6 Web browser?  If so, I would like draw your attention to one of the items listed above about the IE6 Upgrade page.

On the page I built a small demonstration of a major IE6 security hole/weakness that clearly shows how by continuing to use that browser, you are putting yourself at risk.

The security flaw exposes the contents of your Windows clipboard to every site you visit, and I'll show you how your Web browser is giving your information to the Web sites you visit.

I think there are way too many people who just shrug their shoulders and say "eh, what do I care about upgrading, it's a pain in the neck and I don't understand it," but maybe you'll change your mind when you see this.

The problem is that not only is there a security hole exposing your information, but there is no way for you to know when a site has grabbed your personal information, and Microsoft has stopped working on the browser, so it will never be fixed.  The only option is to upgrade.  It is so important.

Anyway, I hope all of the Gold and Platinum members get some good use out of the new Image Manager utility!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8362 Posts
    Posted: June 19, 2009, 12:35 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd you've been very busy again.... i was able to expand my Stargate avatar to it's original size thanks. Now if i could only find the website that has the event horizon where it's an animated gate.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2659 Posts
      Posted: June 19, 2009, 7:01 am - IP Logged

Patriot thanks Todd ......

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23273 Posts
        Posted: June 19, 2009, 8:00 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd you've been very busy again.... i was able to expand my Stargate avatar to it's original size thanks. Now if i could only find the website that has the event horizon where it's an animated gate.

Oh, I was always wondering what that avatar was - glad you pointed it out!  Stargate is one of my favorite guilty pleasures.

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8362 Posts
          Posted: June 19, 2009, 11:37 am - IP Logged

Oh, I was always wondering what that avatar was - glad you pointed it out!  Stargate is one of my favorite guilty pleasures.

I found a Stargate avatar site a long time ago that had the animated event horizon avatar where the Stargate goes kawooshhhhhh you know when it expands out-wards and collapses back to a straight state water wall. 

I tried for hours to get it to post on here but i couldn't make it happen. I think the site is down now but if i ever find it again I'll try and post it it would make my day.

For a while a few years back i had an avatar with a Harley doing a burnout. Then the link to the site with it disappeared.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
            marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
            Ohio
            United States
            Member #49980
            February 21, 2007
            34146 Posts
            Posted: June 21, 2009, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Thank you for your help todd, you got back with me right away. I appreciate that! Enjoy your day!

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
              BOSTON
              United States
              Member #48
              September 9, 2001
              3594 Posts
              Posted: June 22, 2009, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Todd. Question; seems as though I cannot upgrade IE8 into my windows ME Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23273 Posts
                Posted: June 22, 2009, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

Todd. Question; seems as though I cannot upgrade IE8 into my windows ME Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks

Wow, Windows ME.  Is there any possibility you could at least upgrade that computer to Windows XP?  Windows ME has some gaping holes in it that really expose you to viruses and malware.  I don't think it even came with a firewall. 

You can still purchase XP on the Internet all over, and you can normally get it for around 60-70 if you shop around.  (If you're a technie -- or know someone who is -- you can ever nab a free copy with the right patches.  But naturally I can't recommend that approach.)

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23273 Posts
                  Posted: June 23, 2009, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

I just created a new Help topic that addresses your specific situation:  http://www.lotterypost.com/help/195898

I have the perfect solution for you, which will make you much more secure and compatible with all the latest technologies.  Check out the Help article for details.