Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Logistic map RNG to win?

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 6 years ago by pick4hawk.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
pick4hawk's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif

United States
Member #19982
August 9, 2005
226 Posts
Posted: July 16, 2009, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

These are the first few articles which got me interested in using the logistic map as a

Random number generator. 

Non-periodic pseudo-random numbers used in Monte Carlo calculations

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/cond-mat/pdf/0701/0701099v1.pdf 

http://www.cs.utsa.edu/~wagner/pubs/logistic/logistic.pdf 

Logistic Map: A Possible Random Number

Generator

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/cond-mat/pdf/9310/9310004v1.pdf 

The B-Exponential Map:

A Generalization of the Logistic Map,

and Its Applications In Generating

Pseudo-random Numbers

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/cs/pdf/0607/0607069v2.pdf 

I have been working on using the logistic map or other maps to be an RNG for about a year now.

I greatly feel they might somehow be used with past lottery numbers to choose winning numbers.

I would really like to see other people ideas-code or whatever on the topic. Sometimes other peoples view helps.

Jadelottery's pick 3 and pick 4 program and information has been giving me ideas, along with the logistic map for another type of program.

Any help or ideas you come up with may be even better then mine. I have been wondering if anything mechanically loaded off prior genuine winning numbers could choose the next.

United States
    Member #19982
    August 9, 2005
    226 Posts
    Posted: July 17, 2009, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Some reasons I posted the Rng PDF's:

1. Some linear LCG type generators have little capability of ever creating all posible combinations of a game like mega millions.

2. Some systems I've seen here and else where are know better then a RNG.

3. I wanted to give a new idea to use for daily type games. 

4. I wanted feedback

THanks

Hawk

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
      Member #68609
      December 26, 2008
      2204 Posts
      Posted: July 18, 2009, 9:14 am - IP Logged

I responded to pick4hawk in a private email, but providing here my opinion as well on the matter of using logistic map.

RNG PDF's they seem to be nice examples to generate pseudo random numbers that have better "properties" than let say built-in standard RNG computer functions, these new methods employ algorithm that operate on the threshold of chaos.

For accumulating predictions pseudo random numbers can't offer much insight (in my opinion) one can not build an equation that leads to the same random sequence as let say power ball after sufficiently large N draws (you might succeed to parallel power ball lottery results after maybe up to 7 sequenced draws, and try to bet on the 8th
      hoping that you have modeled sufficient approximation of lottery random sequence) mathematically the larger N you managed to synchronize some deterministic equation (which is logistic map with a difference that after som N iteration it leads to chaos) to past lottery sequence, the larger becomes probability you will match upcoming sequence, and indeed a supercomputer (maybe even quantum computer) would allow you to make approximation for very large N!

The idea might not be necessarily used in that way (to try to model lottery sequence into logistic equation exactly) but rather use it asymptotically, meaning to use it in order to "time" and "predict" formation of a chaotic attractor, but believe combination of many things is necessary, such as global and local entropy.

In fact the "synchronizing method" is a crude form of Monte Carlo!

ab actu ad posse valet illatio - from the past one can infer the future

mej023's avatar - avatar 5857.gif
        Greencastle, Indiana
        United States
        Member #74738
        May 19, 2009
        102 Posts
        Posted: July 24, 2009, 12:12 am - IP Logged

You cannot use the past to determine a probablistic future.

The 'seed' for each generated number is itself a unique random number that changes for every number generated.

You can determine a 'seed' that matches a particular string of known generated numbers but the next unknown number in the string cannot be mathematically determined.

United States
          Member #19982
          August 9, 2005
          226 Posts
          Posted: July 24, 2009, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Clearly, I believe the solution or resulting random stream is the result of a combination of more then one type of things.

Attractors and Time Averages for Random Maps

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/math/pdf/0607/0607433v1.pdf 

Cryptographic Pseudo-Random Sequences from

the Chaotic H´enon Map

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/cs/pdf/0604/0604018v2.pdf

But that it still exists.

mej023's avatar - avatar 5857.gif
            Greencastle, Indiana
            United States
            Member #74738
            May 19, 2009
            102 Posts
            Posted: July 24, 2009, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

It's as if each number has a magnetic charge of a specific strength that fluctuates on a regular basis.

Then an outside 'attractor' is in effect at specific points in time that pulls or connects those numbers based on the strength of their charge.

Identifying what it is that is the 'attractor' is the biggest part of the problem. I believe that it is quantum based and is affected or driven by global conciousness.

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
              Member #68609
              December 26, 2008
              2204 Posts
              Posted: July 24, 2009, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

You cannot use the past to determine a probablistic future.

The 'seed' for each generated number is itself a unique random number that changes for every number generated.

You can determine a 'seed' that matches a particular string of known generated numbers but the next unknown number in the string cannot be mathematically determined.

totally agree, if such a "seed" exists you could potentially prove that universe is nothing but a computer simulation, not sure if random numbers generated from threshold of chaos require seed, but they must! (didn't go to too much detail) in any case just approximating chaotic orbits of number trajectories might yield some results (dont know yet) not numbers exact per say (to win) but "cloud of numbers" what I am really seeking is an "escape" from theory of large numbers "prison" we are all confined to:)

United States
                Member #19982
                August 9, 2005
                226 Posts
                Posted: July 28, 2009, 11:33 am - IP Logged

I have been looking into the distribution of the numbers --in a attempt to match it using more then one type of Rng program. (currently for the daily games )

The Input seed I have not totally figured out --however binary sequence matching seems interesting to me.

Hasn't anyone ever tried to use math directly to come up a next set of numbers?

Hawk

United States
                  Member #19982
                  August 9, 2005
                  226 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2009, 11:18 am - IP Logged

I responded to pick4hawk in a private email, but providing here my opinion as well on the matter of using logistic map.

RNG PDF's they seem to be nice examples to generate pseudo random numbers that have better "properties" than let say built-in standard RNG computer functions, these new methods employ algorithm that operate on the threshold of chaos.

For accumulating predictions pseudo random numbers can't offer much insight (in my opinion) one can not build an equation that leads to the same random sequence as let say power ball after sufficiently large N draws (you might succeed to parallel power ball lottery results after maybe up to 7 sequenced draws, and try to bet on the 8th
                  hoping that you have modeled sufficient approximation of lottery random sequence) mathematically the larger N you managed to synchronize some deterministic equation (which is logistic map with a difference that after som N iteration it leads to chaos) to past lottery sequence, the larger becomes probability you will match upcoming sequence, and indeed a supercomputer (maybe even quantum computer) would allow you to make approximation for very large N!

The idea might not be necessarily used in that way (to try to model lottery sequence into logistic equation exactly) but rather use it asymptotically, meaning to use it in order to "time" and "predict" formation of a chaotic attractor, but believe combination of many things is necessary, such as global and local entropy.

In fact the "synchronizing method" is a crude form of Monte Carlo!

One article I have found which envolves Monte Carlo and an RNG is:

The Monte Carlo Algorithm With A Pseudo-Random Generator

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.41.314&rep=rep1&type=pdf

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
                    Member #68609
                    December 26, 2008
                    2204 Posts
                    Posted: August 2, 2009, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

One article I have found which envolves Monte Carlo and an RNG is:

The Monte Carlo Algorithm With A Pseudo-Random Generator

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.41.314&rep=rep1&type=pdf

the paper is just exploring use of pseudo-number random algorithm in the Monte Carlo methods. a mathematical expose' with its usual formalism and dense prose. there are hundreds of these papers out there pick4hawk, there was actually surge in the academic interest in pseudo numbers in the 1980's, due to some work on cellular automata (non linear research was peaking in the mid 80's but sort of lost its appeal later on in the decade..., it simply failed to supply answers to many experiential problems...

United States
                      Member #19982
                      August 9, 2005
                      226 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2009, 10:50 am - IP Logged

It is my belief that the lottery is genuinely using a least two type of maps for the actual drawings. Perhaps, using thermal noise to load them.
                      I have new 2009 pdf’s that it is being used for Crypto logical purposes.

Hawk

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19822 Posts
                        Posted: August 9, 2009, 11:10 am - IP Logged

How do you relate your map theory to drawings that shows numbered balls circulating in a cylinder and when an escapement is opened, the first 5 or 6 balls to come out are the drawing results?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                          Member #19982
                          August 9, 2005
                          226 Posts
                          Posted: September 3, 2009, 10:55 am - IP Logged

How do you relate your map theory to drawings that shows numbered balls circulating in a cylinder and when an escapement is opened, the first 5 or 6 balls to come out are the drawing results?

RJOH:

I relate the mechanical mixing of the genuine machine to be simular to how you suffle a deck of cards or elements of an arrays.

Hawk

*We may see something that isn’t there because of what we expect to see

Or conversely, we may not see something because we don’t expect to see it.*

United States
                            Member #19982
                            August 9, 2005
                            226 Posts
                            Posted: September 3, 2009, 10:59 am - IP Logged

Has anyone played around with the C code contained of the last page of this PDF:

The Logistic Lattice in Random number Generation

Which I mentioned at the START of this Thread.

Hawk

*We may see something that isn’t there because of what we expect to see

Or conversely, we may not see something because we don’t expect to see it.*

United Kingdom
                              Member #31295
                              January 27, 2006
                              73 Posts
                              Posted: September 6, 2009, 10:41 am - IP Logged

Has anyone played around with the C code contained of the last page of this PDF:

The Logistic Lattice in Random number Generation

Which I mentioned at the START of this Thread.

Hawk

The C code used in that program is another way of  randomising an exisiting random number generator. In the example they used tha ran() function to generate random double numbers, which are fed into the program, producing 100 random double numbers. When you substitute the ran() function with a fixed double number, then no matter how many times you run the program you get the same series of numbers output - it looks random but its the same set of numbers each time the program is run.

But with the lotteries we are dealing with a fixed number of integers - a much smaller variation than a range of doubles.  Each time the number 6 comes up in the last draw does not mean that the number 10 will or will not come up in the next draw. The numbers from past drawings are fixed in time, therefore it's not a good idea to use the ran() function to predict numbers for the next draw. And if you were to use previous draws numbers in the program, there's no garuantee the numbers produced will come up in the next draw.