Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Logistic map RNG to win?

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 6 years ago by pick4hawk.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
pick4hawk's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif

United States
Member #19982
August 9, 2005
226 Posts
Posted: September 9, 2009, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

The C code used in that program is another way of  randomising an exisiting random number generator. In the example they used tha ran() function to generate random double numbers, which are fed into the program, producing 100 random double numbers. When you substitute the ran() function with a fixed double number, then no matter how many times you run the program you get the same series of numbers output - it looks random but its the same set of numbers each time the program is run.

But with the lotteries we are dealing with a fixed number of integers - a much smaller variation than a range of doubles.  Each time the number 6 comes up in the last draw does not mean that the number 10 will or will not come up in the next draw. The numbers from past drawings are fixed in time, therefore it's not a good idea to use the ran() function to predict numbers for the next draw. And if you were to use previous draws numbers in the program, there's no garuantee the numbers produced will come up in the next draw.

Newb:

The object of using a different random number generator other than what is supplied normally with your programing language---is that there is more of a chance to achieve all the possibilities capable of occuring in a genuine game like mega millions or power ball.

The output will vary everytime you change the input seed for all RNG's.

The question is if a uniform sequence can be stepped or controlled to perform the same way as the daily games like pick3 or pick4---off the genuine drawn numbers some how.

After all, there are many shuffling methods to seek a digit one at a time.

Hawk

*We may see something that isn’t there because of what we expect to see

Or conversely, we may not see something because we don’t expect to see it.*

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
    Member #68609
    December 26, 2008
    2204 Posts
    Posted: September 12, 2009, 12:32 am - IP Logged

Newb:

The object of using a different random number generator other than what is supplied normally with your programing language---is that there is more of a chance to achieve all the possibilities capable of occuring in a genuine game like mega millions or power ball.

The output will vary everytime you change the input seed for all RNG's.

The question is if a uniform sequence can be stepped or controlled to perform the same way as the daily games like pick3 or pick4---off the genuine drawn numbers some how.

After all, there are many shuffling methods to seek a digit one at a time.

Hawk

hawk... the only way i can see for us to gain advantage is when you do true "mind-machine" interactions and not just "in-time" but actually back and forward in time,
    that is we (the mind) can affect outcome let it be in the past or the future. any attempt to build RNG to somehow emulate drawings in the past to project the future is doomed to fail, hope is in the "mind-machine" interactions, it is a subject of my next "play" if you take a stand that  mind "creates" reality you are with me! any mathematical excursions are a byproduct of mind, mind creates reality (inclusive lottery draws) future can and IS created by thought, as of now i have no idea how to formalize this.. but certain it will include abandonment of temporal flow

ab actu ad posse valet illatio - from the past one can infer the future

United States
      Member #19982
      August 9, 2005
      226 Posts
      Posted: September 29, 2009, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

hawk... the only way i can see for us to gain advantage is when you do true "mind-machine" interactions and not just "in-time" but actually back and forward in time,
      that is we (the mind) can affect outcome let it be in the past or the future. any attempt to build RNG to somehow emulate drawings in the past to project the future is doomed to fail, hope is in the "mind-machine" interactions, it is a subject of my next "play" if you take a stand that  mind "creates" reality you are with me! any mathematical excursions are a byproduct of mind, mind creates reality (inclusive lottery draws) future can and IS created by thought, as of now i have no idea how to formalize this.. but certain it will include abandonment of temporal flow

RNGS following a simple fractional magnitude wouldn’t they be deterministic equation?--(forward functions) Off back lottery data directly or indirectly.

I'm looking for fractional Mechanics over a certain period time.

I was hoping that other people give out some other types of funtions that could be used as RNGs...

HAWK

Long Island, NY
        United States
        Member #57412
        January 3, 2008
        419 Posts
        Posted: October 1, 2009, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

I've done a ridiculous amount of study in this area in my efforts to develop a strategy to win the every four minute computer drawn keno game here in NY.  Experimented with several "self invented" conversion formulas.  I'm college educated (not a math major) but can only barely grasp conceptually much of the information in these types of articles.

I feel that while the seed changes, proportionate sequences occur.  This gives you an opportunity to set a trap/s using a recurring sequence..thus hopefully increasing your odds.  It's frustrating to me that I am just not smart enough to see the answers right in front of me (studying past draws).  I'm close.

My question is whether the seed is the first.....or the 20th (or any in between) in any past draw.  I had always assumed the seed was the first number drawn, with which a formula was applied.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
          Member #13130
          March 30, 2005
          2171 Posts
          Posted: October 2, 2009, 7:05 am - IP Logged

totally agree, if such a "seed" exists you could potentially prove that universe is nothing but a computer simulation, not sure if random numbers generated from threshold of chaos require seed, but they must! (didn't go to too much detail) in any case just approximating chaotic orbits of number trajectories might yield some results (dont know yet) not numbers exact per say (to win) but "cloud of numbers" what I am really seeking is an "escape" from theory of large numbers "prison" we are all confined to:)

Which begs the question - if the universe were a computer simulation, could we, as variables, have the ability to examine/alter any of the 'code'?

Can there be a pattern too complex for us to recognize as such?

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
            FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: October 2, 2009, 8:09 am - IP Logged

Which begs the question - if the universe were a computer simulation, could we, as variables, have the ability to examine/alter any of the 'code'?

Can there be a pattern too complex for us to recognize as such?

Agree.  There is no such thing as random in the universe.  Every effect originated with a cause.  What we think of as random is a failure to see the pattern.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
              Member #19982
              August 9, 2005
              226 Posts
              Posted: October 12, 2009, 7:29 am - IP Logged

I've done a ridiculous amount of study in this area in my efforts to develop a strategy to win the every four minute computer drawn keno game here in NY.  Experimented with several "self invented" conversion formulas.  I'm college educated (not a math major) but can only barely grasp conceptually much of the information in these types of articles.

I feel that while the seed changes, proportionate sequences occur.  This gives you an opportunity to set a trap/s using a recurring sequence..thus hopefully increasing your odds.  It's frustrating to me that I am just not smart enough to see the answers right in front of me (studying past draws).  I'm close.

My question is whether the seed is the first.....or the 20th (or any in between) in any past draw.  I had always assumed the seed was the first number drawn, with which a formula was applied.

While I havn't seen your work. To answer your question--it is possible to use the past 2 to 8 days into one single seed to proceed with a fractional generation with a formula.

Hawk

United States
                Member #19982
                August 9, 2005
                226 Posts
                Posted: October 12, 2009, 7:38 am - IP Logged

Agree.  There is no such thing as random in the universe.  Every effect originated with a cause.  What we think of as random is a failure to see the pattern.

If every efect is originated by a cause and there is no such thing as random---How does one control an RNG using statistics to lean towards wining?

Hawk

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19815 Posts
                  Posted: October 12, 2009, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

If every efect is originated by a cause and there is no such thing as random---How does one control an RNG using statistics to lean towards wining?

Hawk

Can a RNG be controlled and still be called random?   I use the RND function in my program to pick numbers randomly but the combinations has to fit a statistical profile that I define using past drawings as a guide.  So far I haven't had much success even when the winning combinations fit that profile.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #19982
                    August 9, 2005
                    226 Posts
                    Posted: October 24, 2009, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Can a RNG be controlled and still be called random?   I use the RND function in my program to pick numbers randomly but the combinations has to fit a statistical profile that I define using past drawings as a guide.  So far I haven't had much success even when the winning combinations fit that profile.

Yes, a genuine Random machine can hold a particular distribution..

The Reasons may be unclear as to why. Perhaps, if we see the balls just as variables

And that since the balls are supposedly dropped the same way each time. That friction or static play some role in some creating a string of highly likely numbers.

Of course, when creating an RNG you’d want the distribution not to be serial. Early computer languages would not have the ability to create all the possible combinations.

A new generator beside LCG type is what I’m suggesting here. 

Hawk

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19815 Posts
                      Posted: October 24, 2009, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

Yes, a genuine Random machine can hold a particular distribution..

I've read that slot machines are random but are designed/programmed so that the house is always ahead such that two big jackpot wins couldn't happen in a row.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #19982
                        August 9, 2005
                        226 Posts
                        Posted: October 29, 2009, 11:34 am - IP Logged

RJOH -- EDGE --anyone else:

I do not agree that there is no mathematical solution to a random lottery. Curve fitting your choices is determined by a mathematical formula. Over time, the lottery is more represented as the mechanics of an exponential function.

HAWK

United States
                          Member #19982
                          August 9, 2005
                          226 Posts
                          Posted: November 19, 2009, 11:56 am - IP Logged

I still have a few PDF files about how RNG's and functions are involved. Has anyone done any futher research?

HAWK

United States
                            Member #19982
                            August 9, 2005
                            226 Posts
                            Posted: December 13, 2009, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone believe Matching Exponential curves of these types of generators could be possible?

Hawk

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #55889
                              October 23, 2007
                              5586 Posts
                              Posted: December 13, 2009, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

This subject is a little over my head. But I can't see how a RNG can be completely random AND be controlled. I pick my own numbers, although at times I will use LP's RNG to pick my numbers. BUT.... I still choose the combos I will play from the RNG.

I choose the numbers to fit what my research of past results has been over the life of the game in its current matrix. Then we see a drawing like last night's PB. 12-13-14-35-41. That is a random drawing, but I could never bring myself to play numbers like that. I'm beginning to think we are hurting ourselves because we have our idea of what a winning combo "should" look like.