Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does your state have a cap on triple number are any number?

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 7 years ago by lottobrain.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
pepper1's avatar - batman38
hotatlanta
United States
Member #70664
February 8, 2009
1446 Posts
Posted: July 30, 2009, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Georgia has a cap on triples and cash four once it reach that you can't play that number. I think we should be allow to play any number until the machine cut off.

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8360 Posts
    Posted: July 30, 2009, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

If you were running a lottery and a million people played 111 for tonight and then in a couple days a 1/2 million people played 123 and they came out do you think you'd be in business long running an operation whereby once or twice a week you had to pay out umpteen millions of dollars.

I don't think so!!! those safeguards are in place so the lottery can continue it's operation without going bankrupt.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      mjwinsmith's avatar - moon

United States
      Member #391
      June 8, 2002
      16066 Posts
      Posted: July 30, 2009, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Georgia has a cap on triples and cash four once it reach that you can't play that number. I think we should be allow to play any number until the machine cut off.

New York has such a cap on pay-outs and I agree. I would much rather the state adopt a plan simular to the state of New Jersey, which is to pay out on a pari-mutual basis. The winners are divided into the prize pool, the only draw back to this is that you can get and do get lower payouts some days then others.

The cap is in place so as not to bankrupt the state on the daily numbers games. If I am not mistaken there is a five million dollar cap on the payouts per day. I really don't think that this is unreasonable. Just my humble opinion.

>Michael

hotatlanta
        United States
        Member #70664
        February 8, 2009
        1446 Posts
        Posted: July 30, 2009, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

they didn't have it at first when the lottery first started in Ga they only got it when people started to win .the cap not bad 20mill but it can happen so fast. I have tried to play a triple in the evening and could'nt.

hotatlanta
          United States
          Member #70664
          February 8, 2009
          1446 Posts
          Posted: July 30, 2009, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

I would think that the lottery would have a reserve. What about all the unclaim money. You also have to remember that if a million people played they collected more than a million, because some people will be playing other number.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10351 Posts
            Posted: July 30, 2009, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

I've seen at least one number shut out in Illinois, but don't think it was a triple. Maybe it was 911 or something.

Remember a couple of years or so ago when a college team won a championship, or a big upset, I think it was Ohio state. A ot of people played the score of that game and that state lottery paid out a lot of money when it hit.

As for the state only taking so much action on a number, as has been said by several posters, they have a payout ceiling.

The best move is simply to get one of those numbers in early in the day if you want to play it. I think such numbers are usually obvious, such as 911, 476 or 776 on July 4th, etc...

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

hotatlanta
              United States
              Member #70664
              February 8, 2009
              1446 Posts
              Posted: July 30, 2009, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Right after 911 that next couple of  years 911 came out in New York. Wonder what the payout was?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: July 30, 2009, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, not sure what the payouts were though.

I'd also like to say that when a number is getting that heavily played word kind of gets out about it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8360 Posts
                  Posted: July 30, 2009, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss Right you are i had a guy that ran a high volume lottery machine he kept track of all the hot numbers for the day and played them if they weren't sold out. When i got off of work at 4 pm I'd go there and he'd tell me the hot number for the day I'd buy it.

Pepper Triples and quads can sell out in a lot of states for midday and evening drawings before noon. If you think triples or quads will come out buy them the day before or buy them for a couple days in advance. That's what most people do if you wait till the last minute to buy triples or quads your at the mercy of the thousands or so people who played them ahead of time.

Sometimes here in Maryland 666 is sold out for days at a time. You have to buy it in advance if you want to play it.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                    hotatlanta
                    United States
                    Member #70664
                    February 8, 2009
                    1446 Posts
                    Posted: July 30, 2009, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

I've learn it not as bad as it use to be The 1010 and quad are stiil hard to get sometime. I'm not the good at triple anyway the last time 555 came guys gave it to me when I got to the store on a sunday to play. My crazy reason was I don't  see a triple coming on Sunday, well you no what happen it came. I went to another store somebody else asked for the same number. My mind was saying get one, but I was sticking  to my dumb theory. I will never do that again

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
                      Stone Mountain, GA
                      United States
                      Member #3189
                      January 1, 2004
                      28242 Posts
                      Posted: July 30, 2009, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

they didn't have it at first when the lottery first started in Ga they only got it when people started to win .the cap not bad 20mill but it can happen so fast. I have tried to play a triple in the evening and could'nt.

Where did you see that the cap is $20mil?  I believe that it's around $8mil or thereabouts.  I know if 110 or 100 falls in the Cash3, I can kiss 1010 goodbye for the night if I don't already have it in.  When the plane landed in the Hudson, 1954 was sold out within a couple of hours.

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                        Jacksonville Florida
                        United States
                        Member #23018
                        October 6, 2005
                        917 Posts
                        Posted: July 30, 2009, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

Florida has a $10 million cap on any particular Cash 3 number set and a $5 million cap on Play 4 number sets per drawing.

hotatlanta
                          United States
                          Member #70664
                          February 8, 2009
                          1446 Posts
                          Posted: July 30, 2009, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

I didn't see it the store clerk told me. He could be wrong. That is kind of high. I going to check it out from the Ga lottery. I've seen back to back triple that paid out 5 million a piece.

Sherita's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            Vtracs is My Game!
                            Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #3617
                            February 6, 2004
                            7417 Posts
                            Posted: July 31, 2009, 12:08 am - IP Logged

The highest payout that I know in Ga cash 3 was on 11/08/1999 when 888 fell... payout $21,596,000!

Congrats To All Winners and Posters!

LurkingWe are all in it to win!  My Pet numbers 103,724,152,397,189,118,205.

Ga Lottery Player!

Hot-Due-Cold. Short Sums/Last Digit Sum. Pairs. Vtracs. Vtrac Pairs. SUM OF VTRACS CHART.

Don't forget to FLIP 6/9 in all WORKOUTS!  66=99=69. Vtracs Code sheets available....

hotatlanta
                              United States
                              Member #70664
                              February 8, 2009
                              1446 Posts
                              Posted: July 31, 2009, 12:26 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the info. I don't believe they go that high anymore. That was when they first came out they didn't cap. Ga had a nice lottery I think when they first started you could always win good money.