Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does your state have a cap on triple number are any number?

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 7 years ago by lottobrain.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
antioch tn
United States
Member #65338
September 24, 2008
359 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2009, 11:23 am - IP Logged

TN has a cap, but I don't think it's limited to triples or quads.  Also KY used to have a cap; not sure about presently.

wickliffe, ohi
    United States
    Member #77232
    July 17, 2009
    192 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2009, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Ohio has a limit on any number that reaches their legal liabilty if the number would hit.  I think ours is $4,000,000.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
      Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: August 1, 2009, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

Doesn't anyone here remember Nick Perry?  That scandal basically was the reason that states put limits on how much can be bet on a single number.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10351 Posts
        Posted: August 1, 2009, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Are you talking about Pennsylvania and the drawing rigged to make 666 hit?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
          Ohio
          United States
          Member #49980
          February 21, 2007
          34143 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2009, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

Georgia has a cap on triples and cash four once it reach that you can't play that number. I think we should be allow to play any number until the machine cut off.

I agree with you too, if too many people play the number it would break them. I guess that is why they do this.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Ohio
            United States
            Member #49980
            February 21, 2007
            34143 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2009, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

Are you talking about Pennsylvania and the drawing rigged to make 666 hit?

How about the 444 in Ohio. someone talked abou that number reasonally.

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Ohio
              United States
              Member #49980
              February 21, 2007
              34143 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2009, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Ohio has a limit on any number that reaches their legal liabilty if the number would hit.  I think ours is $4,000,000.

We had a Triple today 444

Ohio
                United States
                Member #49980
                February 21, 2007
                34143 Posts
                Posted: August 2, 2009, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

Doesn't anyone here remember Nick Perry?  That scandal basically was the reason that states put limits on how much can be bet on a single number.

I just went there but couldn't get any info. any I did leave a message.  it said i want to go to your webistre, that would be me Marcie.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8361 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2009, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

I just went there but couldn't get any info. any I did leave a message.  it said i want to go to your webistre, that would be me Marcie.

Nick Perry

John Travolta Did a movie about it called Lucky Mumbers

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                    Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #49980
                    February 21, 2007
                    34143 Posts
                    Posted: August 2, 2009, 3:55 pm - IP Logged
                    Nick Perry

John Travolta Did a movie about it called Lucky Mumbers

Thanks i just read it!id you mean Lucky nmbers? I think I seen that movie.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8361 Posts
                      Posted: August 2, 2009, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Thanks i just read it!id you mean Lucky nmbers? I think I seen that movie.

Luck Numbers slip of the tongue, i mean finger,LOL

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                        bigguy5's avatar - peace
                        charlotte.n.c
                        United States
                        Member #37585
                        April 17, 2006
                        365 Posts
                        Posted: August 2, 2009, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Georgia has a cap on triples and cash four once it reach that you can't play that number. I think we should be allow to play any number until the machine cut off.

dude    i don,t   care   what  states     you  in        , they  have a cap on all  ,

numbers,  this   what  i keep  saying    people   just  don,t the game,   they  have  tohave  a  cap  on numbers,        i been in the   game,      the  only    cap   they  don,t  have on      mega,  power  ball    games like, people need   to  learn the game ,

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19828 Posts
                          Posted: August 2, 2009, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

Ohio like other states have a cap on all its games that aren't pari-mutual.  Pick3 and Pick4 come up all the time when a lot of players want to play the same numbers.   The only other one that ever came up was a few years ago when there were more than 10 Buckeye5 tickets that matched 5of5 for $100K.  The payout cap was $1M and if ever there was more than ten winners the $1M cap was to be divided equally among the winners. 

One player had 20 winning tickets and sued the state and the retailer that sold him 20 chances to win on the same number after he couldn't collect $2M because he thought he should have been told about the cap but he lost because the cap information was printed on the back of the B5 play slips and the court said it was up to him to read the rules of the games.  Buckeye5 was replaced with Rolling Cash5 which has a pari-mutual jackpot but I'm sure the state has other rules to cover any situations where too many of the fixed pay outs are won in any of its games.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

lottobrain's avatar - box
                            Smyrna, DE
                            United States
                            Member #10074
                            January 1, 2005
                            125 Posts
                            Posted: August 2, 2009, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Right after 911 that next couple of  years 911 came out in New York. Wonder what the payout was?

I checked the NY play 3 past history for 2000, 2001 here at Lottery Post and I don't see 911 hitting there during September.  However, as I recalled living next door in DE, it did hit in NJ in September 2001. I looked up that history and it did hit straight , 911 on Sept. 4  I think it was.  The payout was $233 for a .50 cent straight bet.  The box paid $77.50 for a .50 cent bet.  From Jan. 2000 to May 2008, 911 has hit 8 times in NJ and the average payout has been $221.93. Only once in May 2005 did it pay more than the "normal" straight payout that non parimutual states pay of $250. That time it paid $263.

By contrast I checked the number "650" (which is a number I think a lot of players might play in that order) for the same time period, year 2000 to present. That number has hit 11 times for an average parimutual payout of $306.32 straight for a .50 cent bet .  My theory for a player in a parimutual state that wants to make money playing......leave the double and triple numbers alone and be careful with the 6 way box numbers as certain of those are played a lot like "123".  One would probably be smart to check online in his or her state for the past payouts on the numbers they select before playing to see what past payouts have been.

pepper1's avatar - batman38
                              hotatlanta
                              United States
                              Member #70664
                              February 8, 2009
                              1446 Posts
                              Posted: August 3, 2009, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

I check new york lottery and saw that 119 has hit 3 times and 911 hit 4 times. I didn't see the payout. I find there website hard to read. Just my thought......