Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 6:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Working Scratch of tactics thread

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jwhou.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
MoneyMagic's avatar - money
Bland, VA
United States
Member #71484
February 26, 2009
21 Posts
Posted: August 3, 2009, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

This is for a discussion of tactics. Please add your ideas. For example, the idea, buy one scratcher at a time until you win something, then go home because the next several tickets will be non-winners, is generally true, but if I'd struck to it, I would have missed a $100 winner, which followed a $10 winner.

So what are some of your tricks? What do you believe? For instance,

1. buying the first and the last tickets on a roll.

2. buying a ticket because it has an unusual white line dividing the tickets

(didn't work for me, through several such purchases, either before or after the white line)

3. Thinking there are more winners in a new game, first roll. (seems to work)

4. Buying tickets at out of the way, small town stores.

Okay, what are your ideas and experiences?

Monkey Butt, USA
    United States
    Member #54569
    August 23, 2007
    1124 Posts
    Posted: August 4, 2009, 12:13 am - IP Logged

Before I purchase any scratch-off I always check the TX Lotto website to see if all of the grand prize tickets has been cashed in. If not then I purchase my ticket(s).

Bland, VA
      United States
      Member #71484
      February 26, 2009
      21 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2009, 10:10 am - IP Logged

I've repeatedly heard the last ticket on a roll might be a winner. I'm really strapped for cash but yesterday I took all the non winning scratchers I had from the last three months to the store, she checked them and I had $10 I didn't realize I had. So I'm putting another ten with it, and today I'm going to buy a $20 ticket. I'm going to try buying the last ticket on the roll, if she'll pull it off for me. I don't know, do they have a rule about it? Or if the convenience store person is very friendly and sympathetic, do you think they'd do that? I'll tell you later.

Bland, VA
        United States
        Member #71484
        February 26, 2009
        21 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2009, 11:19 am - IP Logged

Forget it, she wouldn't sell me the last ticket, said she had to sell them sequentially. So I bought one anyway.  While I was talking to her the guy buying cigarettes said he used to sell tickets, and there would often be a good winner between ticket #30 and ticket #50. Another tip, or superstition?

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
          Member #4121
          March 23, 2004
          817 Posts
          Posted: August 7, 2009, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Some stores does not allow people to buy by # unless there are not many tickets left.   It is better to buy 3 or 5 tickets in a row if you can because odds of winning something improves.

new york new york
            United States
            Member #76859
            July 7, 2009
            14 Posts
            Posted: August 9, 2009, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

I've tried 'em all - but of course, there isn't one guaranteed tactic - unless you buy a few at a time, which improves your chances of winning, but won't guarantee it:

A new $10.00 scratcher came out in NYC last week - "Money". I bought four tickets - nothing. Bought three tickets the next day - won $15.00.

Bought three of the older 'Stacks of Cash' tickets the next day - won $60.00.

Go figure.

New Jersey
              United States
              Member #51734
              April 22, 2007
              22 Posts
              Posted: August 10, 2009, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

I don't mean to come off sounding pessimistic, but it's all luck, plain and simple.  I've stopped supporting the lottery because i'm just gambling my precious money to make other people rich.  It may sound selffish, but I don't wanna see someone else get rich quick off of me.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
                Ohio
                United States
                Member #49980
                February 21, 2007
                34519 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2009, 9:09 am - IP Logged

Well My Husband brought me a Ten Ticket Stratch off, I did win $10.00 better than nothing right, but he said that every month he is going to buy me a $10.00 Ticket who knowsWink maybe one day I will hit the Big one.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #49980
                  February 21, 2007
                  34519 Posts
                  Posted: August 13, 2009, 9:11 am - IP Logged

I don't mean to come off sounding pessimistic, but it's all luck, plain and simple.  I've stopped supporting the lottery because i'm just gambling my precious money to make other people rich.  It may sound selffish, but I don't wanna see someone else get rich quick off of me.

it is all about luck when it comes to buying stratch off tickets, but think possitive, you never know, you might win big, stop thinking negative, think possitive!

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #49980
                    February 21, 2007
                    34519 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2009, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Forget it, she wouldn't sell me the last ticket, said she had to sell them sequentially. So I bought one anyway.  While I was talking to her the guy buying cigarettes said he used to sell tickets, and there would often be a good winner between ticket #30 and ticket #50. Another tip, or superstition?

That's interesting Moneymagic, but who going to count ?

Mass
                      United States
                      Member #68073
                      December 12, 2008
                      217 Posts
                      Posted: August 14, 2009, 8:14 am - IP Logged

What has worked best for me is to take a peek into the trash receptacle both outside and inside the store. If there is an abundance of a particular type of ticket in the trash it could very well indicate that someone has done you the favor of increasing the odds that some winners are left of that kind. This has worked very well for me and just last week I hit $1000 on a $2 ticket using this strategy.

Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #49980
                        February 21, 2007
                        34519 Posts
                        Posted: August 14, 2009, 8:27 am - IP Logged

Before I purchase any scratch-off I always check the TX Lotto website to see if all of the grand prize tickets has been cashed in. If not then I purchase my ticket(s).

I always check with the Ohio Lottery website and go and look to see how many winners are still out there.

Bland, VA
                          United States
                          Member #71484
                          February 26, 2009
                          21 Posts
                          Posted: August 15, 2009, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Smile All right! There's one I've never heard. Check the trash bin. I actually logged on because I had a good winner today, $1000 on a $20 Virginia Maximum Millions ticket. First time for that big a winner. I don't try to buy tickets constantly anymore. I pick the day of the month when my biorythms (physical, intellectual and emotional) are at the highest to do the scratching. If I buy tickets between I save them until that day to scratch them. That part is mainly spending control and  having something to look forward to. Laugh if you want. Well I had enough money for three $20 tickets, one I'd bought weeks ago and saved, one bought about a week ago, and one this morning. I also had a ten dollar priced Platinum Payout.

My gas station sells the rolls with the highest numbers first, so the last ticket ends in 000. The ticket that won for me today ended in 004, indicating it was five in from being the very last ticket on the roll.  This was one of those weird tickets, I matched every number, 33,44,11 26 etc, several of the prizes on the ticket used the same numbers, and all of them were $50. Twenty prizes for a total of $1000. Now I have to wait until I can drive to another city 1 1/2 hours away to go to the lottery office to get paid, so the money still doesn't seem real.

Did I use any trick?  Do you honestly want to know? I went online and used Google Earth to find and print a photo of my gas station from a satellite, then all month I would direct positive thoughts to the photo, saying "There will be a ticket with a big winner on it sold to me when I walk into that gas station."  And all month kept up the positive thinking, visualizing a winner being scratched and catching myself every time I had the slighest negative thought like "the odds are against it". I'm crazy, I admit it. So flaming me about that won't hurt, but I'm happy with the win.

I don't see any reason why you're not allowed to have a fun, irrational method. I'd enjoy hearing other people's scratch off gaming superstitions.Smile

Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #49980
                            February 21, 2007
                            34519 Posts
                            Posted: August 15, 2009, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

Maybe i should try that! Good for you Moneymagic!Party

Bland, VA
                              United States
                              Member #71484
                              February 26, 2009
                              21 Posts
                              Posted: August 15, 2009, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Absolutely the most important thing is visualizing winning, in the right way, that is, really beieving it, not just seeing yourself winning in kind of a playful and doubting way, but knowing you will. We do live in a real world that obeys real physical laws, but dozens of people are winning huge scratch off prizes every day, people no more deserving than we are, so why not us?

The main thing I've done for myself I think is to thnk positively. I'm not religious but you know who is supposed to have said "If you had faith as small as a grain of sand" (or a mustard seed or something) you could work miracles. And that sums it up. I reccommend reading "The Power of Positive thinking".