Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Working Scratch of tactics thread

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jwhou.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Ohio
United States
Member #49980
February 21, 2007
34130 Posts
Posted: August 15, 2009, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

Absolutely the most important thing is visualizing winning, in the right way, that is, really beieving it, not just seeing yourself winning in kind of a playful and doubting way, but knowing you will. We do live in a real world that obeys real physical laws, but dozens of people are winning huge scratch off prizes every day, people no more deserving than we are, so why not us?

The main thing I've done for myself I think is to thnk positively. I'm not religious but you know who is supposed to have said "If you had faith as small as a grain of sand" (or a mustard seed or something) you could work miracles. And that sums it up. I reccommend reading "The Power of Positive thinking".

I think I heard of that Book before, So you definely believe in The law of attraction.   yes, it is very good to think Possitive, My son and I was just discussion this earlier.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

MoneyMagic's avatar - money
    Bland, VA
    United States
    Member #71484
    February 26, 2009
    21 Posts
    Posted: August 15, 2009, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

Yes, no doubt about it, and I know it, but it's still so hard to believe in, because I'm a rational person. Its too easy to start thinking what a sea of tickets there are and how small your chances of getting a big one are, statistically. This month I wore a rubber band on my left wrist and snapped it every time I had the slightest negative thought, to remind myself to think positive. It's Helen Hadsell's trick, not mine. It sounds really dumb but it seems to be effective. Her book is called "The Name it and Claim it Game", and is cheapest if you buy it direct from her. She's 84 now. An amazing winner. Anyhow I'm almost getting off topic.

Yes, you can look for The Power of Positive Thinking in thriftstores that carry old paperbacks. It used to be very popular.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      Santa Ana
      United States
      Member #71159
      February 20, 2009
      651 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2009, 12:04 am - IP Logged

I agree with MoneyMagic--you need to visualize winning and YOU WILL WIN; Laws of Attraction, The Secret and the Power of Positive Thinking; although I haven't had any major winning numbers--I know my time is coming very soon; if I win from scratchers or the other lotto games--I will prevail and I wish all of the LP family GOOD LUCK!!!Banana

Ohio
        United States
        Member #49980
        February 21, 2007
        34130 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2009, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Absolutely the most important thing is visualizing winning, in the right way, that is, really beieving it, not just seeing yourself winning in kind of a playful and doubting way, but knowing you will. We do live in a real world that obeys real physical laws, but dozens of people are winning huge scratch off prizes every day, people no more deserving than we are, so why not us?

The main thing I've done for myself I think is to thnk positively. I'm not religious but you know who is supposed to have said "If you had faith as small as a grain of sand" (or a mustard seed or something) you could work miracles. And that sums it up. I reccommend reading "The Power of Positive thinking".

Ok, I will read it., I see they have some paperback books at Amazon.com I looked it up.

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Ohio
          United States
          Member #49980
          February 21, 2007
          34130 Posts
          Posted: August 16, 2009, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

This is for a discussion of tactics. Please add your ideas. For example, the idea, buy one scratcher at a time until you win something, then go home because the next several tickets will be non-winners, is generally true, but if I'd struck to it, I would have missed a $100 winner, which followed a $10 winner.

So what are some of your tricks? What do you believe? For instance,

1. buying the first and the last tickets on a roll.

2. buying a ticket because it has an unusual white line dividing the tickets

(didn't work for me, through several such purchases, either before or after the white line)

3. Thinking there are more winners in a new game, first roll. (seems to work)

4. Buying tickets at out of the way, small town stores.

Okay, what are your ideas and experiences?

Google this website    Howtowinscratchers.com

Ohio
            United States
            Member #49980
            February 21, 2007
            34130 Posts
            Posted: August 16, 2009, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Yes, no doubt about it, and I know it, but it's still so hard to believe in, because I'm a rational person. Its too easy to start thinking what a sea of tickets there are and how small your chances of getting a big one are, statistically. This month I wore a rubber band on my left wrist and snapped it every time I had the slightest negative thought, to remind myself to think positive. It's Helen Hadsell's trick, not mine. It sounds really dumb but it seems to be effective. Her book is called "The Name it and Claim it Game", and is cheapest if you buy it direct from her. She's 84 now. An amazing winner. Anyhow I'm almost getting off topic.

Yes, you can look for The Power of Positive Thinking in thriftstores that carry old paperbacks. It used to be very popular.

I will check that one out too,  The name it and claim it game.  I just looked her up, but she wants to mauch money for her book, another thing check out Burt Goldman. he is good to read about.   it has something to do with the law of Attraction. He's interesting.

Bland, VA
              United States
              Member #71484
              February 26, 2009
              21 Posts
              Posted: August 16, 2009, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

It isn't that she wants too much money, actually other people are selling her book like on Amazon. I used to have a link to a website where you get it directly from her, her son handles the emails, and it was less than $15 with shipping. I wish I had that link but I had to reinstall windows and lost my old bookmarks.

I subscribed to a newsletter and now associates are trying to sell me an expensive course with dvds etc. I just don't need it. Helen's simple instructions work well enough.

Anyhow, the important points are, know what you want, (Name the prize, don't spend your mental energy thinking "I'm going to win a huge prize" be specific, think of one you can believe in, like $100 or $1000. I'd start smaller and work up. visualize getting it and don't allow doubt.

Ohio
                United States
                Member #49980
                February 21, 2007
                34130 Posts
                Posted: August 16, 2009, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

It isn't that she wants too much money, actually other people are selling her book like on Amazon. I used to have a link to a website where you get it directly from her, her son handles the emails, and it was less than $15 with shipping. I wish I had that link but I had to reinstall windows and lost my old bookmarks.

I subscribed to a newsletter and now associates are trying to sell me an expensive course with dvds etc. I just don't need it. Helen's simple instructions work well enough.

Anyhow, the important points are, know what you want, (Name the prize, don't spend your mental energy thinking "I'm going to win a huge prize" be specific, think of one you can believe in, like $100 or $1000. I'd start smaller and work up. visualize getting it and don't allow doubt.

Ok, I got you!   I never buy any of the stufff that people sell off the Interenet, I might just read it that is all! I will try to see if I can find the book cheaper somewhere.

Bland, VA
                  United States
                  Member #71484
                  February 26, 2009
                  21 Posts
                  Posted: August 18, 2009, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Hi, me again, MoneyMagic. I rememebered a trick to add.  The trash bin man reminded me of it. When you find tickets people threw away, check them. One man (In Calif I think) found a discarded ticket in a supermarket parking lot. Already scratched, with a $100 dollar winner on it! Not only that, but it qualified him to be on a game show, and he got $10,000 on the gameshow.

I know people don't always see the winning combination, particuarly when it's one of several numbers and you have to remember something like "I'm looking for 24, 8, 12 and 30". After looking at several losing tickets you get dull and expect to see losing numbers and are likely to miss a good one.

I know the first thing I look for is the dollar bill or money bag or whatever means I won the prize. Then I think about the numbers. Last month I missed a $5 and a $10 winner until I brought in all my tickets for the vendor at the register to check.

I've never looked in a trash bin for tickets. Particuarly because they're smelly and would be at the bottom of the bin. But if I could somehow get past that, I know there must be some big winners to be found in dumpster diving. Maybe, something like adhesive on the end of a stick to reach in with? Any ideas?

Mass
                    United States
                    Member #68073
                    December 12, 2008
                    217 Posts
                    Posted: August 18, 2009, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

"Trash Bin Man"- hmm, I have been called a lot of things (some far worse)

LOL- anyway I too have found a $100 once in the trash as well as many many smaller prizes. Once found a $40 and a $10 winner in the same bin. Lotsa old ladies using magnifying glasses to barely squint  at the tix.  Find a store that the elderly set frequents and it could be scratch-topia. There are many things one can do to increase the odds of finding the big winners.

Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #49980
                      February 21, 2007
                      34130 Posts
                      Posted: August 18, 2009, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

"Trash Bin Man"- hmm, I have been called a lot of things (some far worse)

LOL- anyway I too have found a $100 once in the trash as well as many many smaller prizes. Once found a $40 and a $10 winner in the same bin. Lotsa old ladies using magnifying glasses to barely squint  at the tix.  Find a store that the elderly set frequents and it could be scratch-topia. There are many things one can do to increase the odds of finding the big winners.

This is off the topic we are talking about sractch offs, but I too have found winning tickets at the Track, People come there and throw away winning tickets, I have found a few like that, when they have big races, people comeout from everywhere, don't know how to play or over look there tickets. And they throw them away.

Bland, VA
                        United States
                        Member #71484
                        February 26, 2009
                        21 Posts
                        Posted: August 18, 2009, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Oh! Sorry if I sounded like I was calling the person with the bin story a bad name. Geez, I can't wait to get to the corner ticket retailer and glance in myself. I tend to worry about appearances too much, they already think I'm strange for asking weird questions like, "Can you tell me how many tickets are left on that roll?" If they see me climbing in the bin, it's all over for my reputation in this small town! Maybe I should invest in Groucho Glasses. Anyhow, my aplogies to the bin gentleman. And Marcie, finding winning race tickets is interesting. I too thought it was too off topic to mention that I found gold Jewlery simply by beginning to look for the glint of gold. I read you can find it, so I started looking, and one day saw the glitter of gold out in the street at a corner by the Sears, and it was a heavy decorative gold band ring and a gold wedding ring with small diamonds. People do throw valuable  things way.

Monkey Butt, USA
                          United States
                          Member #54569
                          August 23, 2007
                          1124 Posts
                          Posted: August 19, 2009, 1:11 am - IP Logged

I would like to offer another book you may like to read and you can download it for free. It is called "The Science of Getting Rich" By Wallace D. Wattles. I think this book was written in the 1930's not exactly sure but I enjoy it very much. I try to read it as often as possible. Just Google the title or the author. Once again I downloaded it for free. A lot of the things you said are addressed in this book. Mr. Wattles was a man before his time. If you have a hard time finding it PM me and I will see if I can send you a copy.

Bland, VA
                            United States
                            Member #71484
                            February 26, 2009
                            21 Posts
                            Posted: August 19, 2009, 7:34 am - IP Logged

Thank you I'll find it. Napoleon Hill wrote a good one too. Have you tried that fifty dollar scratchoff they have in Dallas?

Monkey Butt, USA
                              United States
                              Member #54569
                              August 23, 2007
                              1124 Posts
                              Posted: August 19, 2009, 10:24 am - IP Logged

Thank you I'll find it. Napoleon Hill wrote a good one too. Have you tried that fifty dollar scratchoff they have in Dallas?

LOLLOLLOL  Me spend $50 on a scratchoff??? I have to admit I tried & tried & tried to buy the ticket. But my limited logic would not allow me to spend $50 on something I could not eat or wear.Green laughGreen laughGreen laugh Thanks for making me laugh at myself. I have to admit that the highest I have spent on a scratchoff was $5. And I only did that once.

My scratch of choice is the scratch off called "weekly grand" $2 and "weekly bonus" $1. The grand prize for the "weekly grand" is $1,000 a week for 20 yrs and the grand prize for "weekly bonus" is $500 a week for 20 years. One thing I've noticed about the higher dollar scratch off tickets is that the odds of winning your money back seems to be good. I say this because over the years I have seen my co-workers and friends buy $20-$50 tickets and they seem to win back what they spent on the ticket.