Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do YOU know when NOT to Play?

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 7 years ago by marcie.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
mej023's avatar - avatar 5857.gif
Greencastle, Indiana
United States
Member #74738
May 19, 2009
102 Posts
Posted: September 7, 2009, 9:08 am - IP Logged

I have noticed that employing a profitable strategy when playing the lottery is knowing when not to play.

I would like to gather a list of indicators that a player can use to determine when is not a good time to play.

So what is it specifically that tells you that you should not play?

I know you would still do your workout for every draw but is there something in the workout that is a clear indicator that maybe you shouldn't play this draw?

What are the signs? I think knowing when not to play would be a critical part of a winning system.

How do you know?

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
    Member #68609
    December 26, 2008
    2204 Posts
    Posted: September 7, 2009, 9:16 am - IP Logged

I have noticed that employing a profitable strategy when playing the lottery is knowing when not to play.

I would like to gather a list of indicators that a player can use to determine when is not a good time to play.

I know you would still do your workout for every draw but is there something in the workout that is a clear indicator that maybe you shouldn't play this draw?

What are the signs? I think knowing when not to play would be a critical part of a winning system.

How do you know?

very good observation. my own approach is to track particular sequence of numbers "performance" (not individual numbers), found that some global "patterns" can be formed in terms of weekly and monthly entry into the real-life game play.

I am also "dusting-off" some old statistic books that would tell me formally if there is a way to formalize this a bit, in addition once a fixed sequence is formed it can be memorized and serve as a foundation for retro-casualty (this is speculative, and i just began experiments)

There are other ideas that i have in works such as extending sequence from 1 dimension to 2 dimension (matrix of numbers, n horizontal n vertical numbers) and track its performance.

And there is also great deal of intuition involved, but having one sequence my believe is that intuition can be trained and amplified and even manifested.

ab actu ad posse valet illatio - from the past one can infer the future

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5123 Posts
      Posted: September 7, 2009, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

How do you know?

GREAT>>>>>>>>>??????????????????????????$$$$$$$$4444ALLonLP!!!!

dust off UR ole pocketbook, wallet, or UR sock's>>>>>>>L@@K under UR

straw matriss (matrix) and if U have any money (trere)>>play D LOTTERY!

LOL

PSYKOMO

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5123 Posts
        Posted: September 7, 2009, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

How do you know?

dear GOD^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 2nd thought>>>>please>>>>>may we pray 4 dis person^^^(please GOD)!!!!!

HELP dis person,>>>please>>>>HELP the LOTTERY POST ^^^ (2 educate) LET

this person GET out out of the RAIN when it RAIN'ssssssssssssssssssssssss!

DON't blame anything on Todd>the webmaster of lotterypost.com  (amen)!!!!!!

PSYKOMO

Pogo's avatar - wfl
          NC
          United States
          Member #29378
          January 1, 2006
          552 Posts
          Posted: September 8, 2009, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Here are a few examples when I chose not to play the lottery:

1. ...no money to get home

2. ...no money to eat

3. ...no money to pay bills

4. ...no money to feed dog (Easy PETA - Just Kidding)

5. ...pan-handling doesn't work

6. ...cashier suggests I go home

Second thought... Calling 1-800-GAMBLER right now...

***No When To Say Win, Folks*** Pogo

Milwaukee, WI
            United States
            Member #3131
            December 27, 2003
            665 Posts
            Posted: September 8, 2009, 6:11 am - IP Logged

Here are a few examples when I chose not to play the lottery:

1. ...no money to get home

2. ...no money to eat

3. ...no money to pay bills

4. ...no money to feed dog (Easy PETA - Just Kidding)

5. ...pan-handling doesn't work

6. ...cashier suggests I go home

Second thought... Calling 1-800-GAMBLER right now...

***No When To Say Win, Folks*** Pogo

That is when to lay low....  Maybe play that last $... :-) 

But only a $1...

MarkP

mej023's avatar - avatar 5857.gif
              Greencastle, Indiana
              United States
              Member #74738
              May 19, 2009
              102 Posts
              Posted: September 8, 2009, 9:44 am - IP Logged

dear GOD^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 2nd thought>>>>please>>>>>may we pray 4 dis person^^^(please GOD)!!!!!

HELP dis person,>>>please>>>>HELP the LOTTERY POST ^^^ (2 educate) LET

this person GET out out of the RAIN when it RAIN'ssssssssssssssssssssssss!

DON't blame anything on Todd>the webmaster of lotterypost.com  (amen)!!!!!!

PSYKOMO

What exactly does this mean?

How does what you wrote help with making the decision as to when not to play the lottery?

I think if anyone needs help it would be you pyskomo.

Monkey Butt, USA
                United States
                Member #54569
                August 23, 2007
                1124 Posts
                Posted: September 8, 2009, 10:35 am - IP Logged

"So what is it specifically that tells you that you should not play?

How do you know?"

When I am not feeling "it" I usually don't play. I have discovered that if I go against that feeling, I find myself wasting money. Many times I feel confused because I start second guessing myself. As a lottery player I am still developing my gut instinct.

Denmark
                  Member #54508
                  August 21, 2007
                  39 Posts
                  Posted: September 8, 2009, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

How do you know?

Honest and Appropriate Answer to your Question is You got to learn how to play the lottery and then only you can know when not to play certain numbers.. to learn how to play can take as much as 10 years of hard work round the clock for 10 years.... Depending on which lottery you wish to play too varies....

Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #79479
                    September 2, 2009
                    42 Posts
                    Posted: September 8, 2009, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

When I am driving down the road and see a gas station with a "Lottery" sign winking at me, I slow down and flip on my turn signal, saying to myself "this will be the ticket that hits". I then turn and see my wife giving me the evil eye with arms folded, foot tapping. Thats how I know when NOT to play the lottery.

I turn off the signal and drive past the station, sad because I just know that ticket I wasnt able to purchase was going to hit. Why doesnt she understand!?  I drive on, watching the station in my rearview mirror slowly fading away from sight, my chance gone forever. Unless, of course, she falls asleep on the drive back home...

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                      Chicago
                      United States
                      Member #70678
                      February 8, 2009
                      889 Posts
                      Posted: September 11, 2009, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

When I am driving down the road and see a gas station with a "Lottery" sign winking at me, I slow down and flip on my turn signal, saying to myself "this will be the ticket that hits". I then turn and see my wife giving me the evil eye with arms folded, foot tapping. Thats how I know when NOT to play the lottery.

I turn off the signal and drive past the station, sad because I just know that ticket I wasnt able to purchase was going to hit. Why doesnt she understand!?  I drive on, watching the station in my rearview mirror slowly fading away from sight, my chance gone forever. Unless, of course, she falls asleep on the drive back home...

OMG too funny!

mej023 I thought you asked a good question.......

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                        Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #35086
                        March 12, 2006
                        10374 Posts
                        Posted: September 11, 2009, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

I  agree with   Ca-Dreamin

That  was a good one  vistaguy.........cracked me up      LOL

I can relate to that........sad but true      LOL

Astekblue

United States
                          Member #24439
                          October 22, 2005
                          638 Posts
                          Posted: September 12, 2009, 6:43 am - IP Logged

How do you know?

Sorry Mejo23

that is the problem with this site. You question involves discussing a system and nobody has come to a conscensus about revealing different system.

But that is a good question.

To answer your question, I do not look for indicators when not to play, instead I look for indicators to play or that I might have the right numbers.

So if everything fits into your data and looks good, then it is time to play.

Atlanta, Ga.
                            United States
                            Member #73339
                            April 12, 2009
                            95 Posts
                            Posted: September 12, 2009, 7:38 am - IP Logged

I primarily play Cash 3 and in order for me to feel confident about selecting a winning number I must have at least 13 previous straight draws in order to do my workout. In other words I must have, for example, 13 0-7-2 not 13 7-2-0 or 13 2-7-0. For workouts after a double I use all of the previous draws regardless of sequence. By requiring 13 straights for "regular" numbers I have found I can pick 2 numbers in the next drawing without fail. It's getting that third number that's a real pain in the patoot! For draws with less than 13 straights I look more for patterns. Last night's 0-7-2 draw only has 8 straights following so I'll look for things like how many times a double has come or go back to last year's drawings for the week we are currently in. Obviously, there is no science to picking lottery numbers and everyone has their own formula but the aforementioned ways work for me...your mileage may vary! And, finally, when all else fails go grab 5 quick picks and call it a day!

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
                              Wilson
                              United States
                              Member #54516
                              August 21, 2007
                              2802 Posts
                              Posted: September 12, 2009, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

when u have to search the couch for loose change  or when all your rolls of pennies are gone....

time to call it quits for awhile....ROFL

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."