Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Advertisements

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Todd.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
sfilippo's avatar - skull
Oklahoma
United States
Member #33770
February 24, 2006
3146 Posts
Posted: September 25, 2009, 7:43 am - IP Logged

I have to wonder why you (Todd) would even feel the need to explain and justify - so indepth, I might add - why there are more adversitments on your site.

If you're not offsetting Standard Member usage with enough adds, then you are basically allowing the Standard Member to inevitably put you in the red.

I question the IQ's of anyone who complains about ads on this site when it's free to visit here.

You need more ads, Todd. I'm not kidding!!!

Smiley Steve

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
    mississippi
    United States
    Member #34478
    March 3, 2006
    5903 Posts
    Posted: September 25, 2009, 8:15 am - IP Logged

Well I would like to add my 2 cents worth to this matter as well..

Todd..take my word for it..the people here at Lotterypost, NEED Lotterypost whether they will admit it or not..The small amount all of us who pay for memberships is MINISCULE compared to the advantage this site gives all of us who plays the lottery..Even if you decided to charge more for the memberships I would still be more than Happy to pay for it BECAUSE THE DATA here is FIRST RATE, Needed and APPRECIATED more than you know or give yourself credit for.

This site is more than just a lottery site. It is a place where friends can come and hang out and be with other people who share the same passion. I might not post everyday but I am usually here EVERYDAY. Sometimes I just come to read and catch up on the news of the day or gossip haha. Well that is my 2 cents worth on this matter and the Adds dont bother me any at all.

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7308 Posts
      Posted: September 25, 2009, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

No complaints about the ads here. I leave them on and click through when I see something interesting. This is a great site, I am glad you are doing what you have to do to keep things running smoothly. Have you ever thought about offering substantially higher priced Multi-year or Lifetime memberships? 

Thanks again.

There is always somebody complaining about something on message boards so I'm not surprised if one or two of them went into shock when they saw the ads at the bottom of the page.

"This is a great site"

I Agree!

Dr.dre's avatar - scifi planet_probe.jpg
        Charlotte, N.C.
        United States
        Member #5235
        June 24, 2004
        483 Posts
        Posted: September 25, 2009, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Todd, Your right I've been at this site for a long time, made lots of money off this site, it's time for me to give some back, today l will become a platinum member, thaxs Todd for this site and all the hard work you put into it.

Dr.Dre'

lilthing's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
          Nassau
          Bahamas
          Member #49383
          January 29, 2007
          7308 Posts
          Posted: September 25, 2009, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

The only gripe I have is where the ads are placed. When you go to respond to a post, you have to click the reply button on the AD! Now, the

whole point of strategically placing ads is for them to be seen but you know also they are placed in areas where you might *accidentally*

click on them. No other spot on the page could have been better for everyone to see the ad of the day, so I see the point. Still, irritating.

This site is the best for a whole load of reasons, why do you think I keep coming back? It's fun, informative, has great tools and it's just a

super place. The ads won't make me go away...10 seconds of irritation will eventually be reduced to 5, then 1, then none....I'll learn to get

by Obama, Ben and Mr. Squirrel.

Thank you for taking the time to explain things.

Well you can't please everyone

So its best to please yourself.

the ads don't bother me at all.

Keep up the good work Todd.

For every action, there's a reaction :-Cheers 

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5593 Posts
            Posted: September 25, 2009, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for explaining in great detail for a non techie like me. I have a better understanding of why when I go on Texas Lottery website, I get that page cannot be displayed error. My feedback is that you need to do what you need to do. I do not have any negative feelings towards the ads because I greatly enjoy LP, and while I don't understand what goes on behind the scenes regarding websites, it doesn't take a genius (and I'm definitely not one,LOL) to know that it takes time and money to do what you are doing. I am surprised that there has been a backlash regarding ads. How else are people to know what products and services are available. I feel that if a person doesn't want to see an ad, just don't pay attention to it. Actually I have noticed the ads and I was impressed that you got some nice accounts on your site.

I do regret that I have not purchased a membership and I have investigated it. It's money that I can't spare. I know that doesn't help you financially.

Todd, there will ALWAYS be those that have something to complain about something, but don't let that get you down. Keep up the great work because I appreciate it.

swampfox's avatar - animal041
              SC Low Country
              United States
              Member #75803
              June 12, 2009
              925 Posts
              Posted: September 25, 2009, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

Well, ya can't please everyone...I guess some people don't understand all of life isn't a free ride...Hopefully, after you explanation the complaints will cease...yeah, right, but the site is a great site where people can help one another, and learn a variety of lottery info...The ads are an expectation for me....Any reasonable person would expect such....

"All men of power ought to be mistrusted." - James Madison

"While we are contending for our own liberty, we should be very cautious not to violate the rights of conscience in others, ever considering that God alone is the judge of the hearts of men, and to him only, in this case, they are answerable." - George Washington...  SwampFoxShocked Courage is looking danger in the face & saddling up anyway...John Wayne

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #74096
                May 2, 2009
                22891 Posts
                Posted: September 25, 2009, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

Thud

WoW, you'd think I was one of the people who were so mean to Todd, whoever they are...????

Maybe he can clarify that to all of you - not who they were but just that I was not one of them.

I am so happy we have an overwhelming majority here...the ads do not bother anyone but ME..lol

Like I said, he asked, I told. This happens to be old news now to me. I sure would appreciate not being

brought to the front of the discussion as what not to do. Todd started the thread and asked for feed-

back. I gave mine and didn't reference anyone else as being in the wrong. If they don't bother anyone

fine, I'm not going to pretend they're the greatest thing since canned cheese though.

Found the disable option and everything is as it was....no more "irritating" to me bottom of the thread ads.

That's okay though, free to be you, free to be me.

US Flag

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  5593 Posts
                  Posted: September 26, 2009, 12:05 am - IP Logged

Thud

WoW, you'd think I was one of the people who were so mean to Todd, whoever they are...????

Maybe he can clarify that to all of you - not who they were but just that I was not one of them.

I am so happy we have an overwhelming majority here...the ads do not bother anyone but ME..lol

Like I said, he asked, I told. This happens to be old news now to me. I sure would appreciate not being

brought to the front of the discussion as what not to do. Todd started the thread and asked for feed-

back. I gave mine and didn't reference anyone else as being in the wrong. If they don't bother anyone

fine, I'm not going to pretend they're the greatest thing since canned cheese though.

Found the disable option and everything is as it was....no more "irritating" to me bottom of the thread ads.

That's okay though, free to be you, free to be me.

US Flag

dr65,

I hope you don't think I was refering to you. I wasn't. I actually responded without reading all of the posts for that reason, I didn't want my post to be tainted by what someone may have said. I was genuinely surprised when Todd said he had so much negative backlash and I responded to that.

Anyway, if I offended you, I apoligize.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                    Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #74096
                    May 2, 2009
                    22891 Posts
                    Posted: September 26, 2009, 12:38 am - IP Logged

Thank you rcb, no I was not offended.

I do not want to be put into the class of low class that felt they needed to attack Todd for what he did.

I did not write to him.

I only posted here because he asked for opinions and fb.

The way he explained things, I fully understand the changes that were made and why he did it.

One day zooming along responding, posting and reading I noticed - Hey! What's this ad doing down

here?? Then noticed wait, it's everywhere...on all the threads. Go to post and have to look at the ad.

Ads are the least of my worries, like anyone else in the normal course of things. They are everywhere.

Since there was a special thread made to address some complaints about the ads and inform everyone

of the why's and what for's...I contributed to it. With honesty.

I just did not want my comment blown out of the water as being the one and only who was griping

about anything.

I do pay for my membership here and am not taking a free ride. You learn something new everyday and

I am glad that day, I learned how to disable some things.

I am back to running on happy.

Big Smile

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23261 Posts
                      Posted: September 26, 2009, 10:48 am - IP Logged

Thank you rcb, no I was not offended.

I do not want to be put into the class of low class that felt they needed to attack Todd for what he did.

I did not write to him.

I only posted here because he asked for opinions and fb.

The way he explained things, I fully understand the changes that were made and why he did it.

One day zooming along responding, posting and reading I noticed - Hey! What's this ad doing down

here?? Then noticed wait, it's everywhere...on all the threads. Go to post and have to look at the ad.

Ads are the least of my worries, like anyone else in the normal course of things. They are everywhere.

Since there was a special thread made to address some complaints about the ads and inform everyone

of the why's and what for's...I contributed to it. With honesty.

I just did not want my comment blown out of the water as being the one and only who was griping

about anything.

I do pay for my membership here and am not taking a free ride. You learn something new everyday and

I am glad that day, I learned how to disable some things.

I am back to running on happy.

Big Smile

I am grateful for honest feedback and criticism, just as I am for the supportive comments, especially if it is expressed from the heart and not designed to smear.  There's a big difference between honest critique and flaming, and yours is most clearly honest critique.

As you say, you did not write to write to me and you did nothing wrong.  Some people acted like the world was coming to an end because a new ad appeared, whereas you expressed an opinion when I asked for feedback.

As it turns out I moved the ad a little lower -- the type of adjustment that you will commonly find around the site from day to day, as I am constantly tweaking and improving the page layouts.  You may find the new location a little less irritating. Big Grin  Cheers

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                      Help eliminate computerized drawings!