Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:08 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Sport of Kings

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 7 years ago by marcie.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
Michigan
United States
Member #22395
September 24, 2005
1583 Posts
Posted: November 1, 2009, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

What Tracks do you play? I am just curious.  Maybe we can pick some winners.

Sorry, marcie missed your post. 

I haven't been to the track in at least 5 yrs.   I played almost exclusively harness racing.   My method of play was highly mathematical and computerized.  Kind of the opposite of the way you pick them.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
    Ohio
    United States
    Member #49980
    February 21, 2007
    34138 Posts
    Posted: November 1, 2009, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

eddes..Thanks for the info..I'll have to study on that one..Not many are replying but people are reading your post..Thanks again..

I will come back to this information that Eddie made and print it.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: November 2, 2009, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

marcie..I love a woman who loves to gamble..My sister who lives out in AZ loves to play the slots and go to Vegas sometimes..I wish you nothing but good luck..Always remember in gambling it's better to be lucky then good..Good luck..

Ohio
        United States
        Member #49980
        February 21, 2007
        34138 Posts
        Posted: November 4, 2009, 7:24 am - IP Logged

marcie..I love a woman who loves to gamble..My sister who lives out in AZ loves to play the slots and go to Vegas sometimes..I wish you nothing but good luck..Always remember in gambling it's better to be lucky then good..Good luck..

You got that right!!! Because you do have to be lucky!   I have had luck a lot of times, but sometimes you have to use you head too, in  figuring out a number for Horses or Numbers  and you do have to have a system.   Systems or Luck! Good Luck to you too!

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
          LAS VEGAS
          United States
          Member #47729
          November 22, 2006
          4498 Posts
          Posted: November 4, 2009, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

Hey triggs, marcie, true critic, Cyper, et al-

We are just back from NYC.

I have recieved a several  emails & PMs while away inquiring more racing plans- instead of answering individually, plan to share a unusual mechanical pic procedure as a new topic in this forum for everybody's consideration.

The unique concept is not the holy grail & not for sale but is a no brainer without handicapping that yirlds uncanny results and very easy to back test without risking a bet.

Aye Marcie, its written in ancient Chinese proverbs that a lucky life is better then a good life!

So stay tuned, more to come.....

Peace, Prosperirtty & Fun Wishes,

EddessaKnight Sun Smiley

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: November 4, 2009, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

Thanks eddes we will be watching for further help..Good luck..

Ohio
              United States
              Member #49980
              February 21, 2007
              34138 Posts
              Posted: November 4, 2009, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

Hey triggs, marcie, true critic, Cyper, et al-

We are just back from NYC.

I have recieved a several  emails & PMs while away inquiring more racing plans- instead of answering individually, plan to share a unusual mechanical pic procedure as a new topic in this forum for everybody's consideration.

The unique concept is not the holy grail & not for sale but is a no brainer without handicapping that yirlds uncanny results and very easy to back test without risking a bet.

Aye Marcie, its written in ancient Chinese proverbs that a lucky life is better then a good life!

So stay tuned, more to come.....

Peace, Prosperirtty & Fun Wishes,

EddessaKnight Sun Smiley

LOL! I hear ya! I am waiting for more information, from the both of you. You and Cyper.    Santa Anita will only be here for a short time, I think they have the Breeder cup this weekend! I am looking forward to those races.

cypher's avatar - shapes swish.jpg

United States
                Member #80204
                September 18, 2009
                35 Posts
                Posted: November 6, 2009, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

LOL! I hear ya! I am waiting for more information, from the both of you. You and Cyper.    Santa Anita will only be here for a short time, I think they have the Breeder cup this weekend! I am looking forward to those races.

Handicapping 101 (Part 1)
                Horse Racing…The Sport of Kings!
                The “punter” learns to pick their spots in a racing card based on the data they have devoured!
                When goes to the races one will quickly observe in the clubhouse or grandstands “punters” pouring over the racing program.  What are they looking for?  With keen eyes they are looking for information hidden in plain sight which may point them towards a profitable play (wager) of the day or within a race.  They are looking for owner and trainer moves which indicate that the horse being entered has a very good shot at winning the race.  Let’s examine some “moves”.
                A. Switching Surfaces:  Often called Turf to Dirt or Dirt to Turf.  Turf =Grass!  Grass is a softer surface than the dirt surfaces of many tracks and is kinder to the horse due to the softness of it’s surface and grass also serves to strengthen the horse.  If a horse has been racing on turf and is switched to dirt against competition that has been slaving away on the dirt that horse may have the advantage over the competitors.
                The same applies when a horse has been running on dirt and has now been switched to turf as turf may have been the comfort zone of the horse and the stats will reveal what surfaces the horse has run on and may have a preference for.  
                The owner and trainer have conditioned the horse for the race and they anticipate the horse to enter at better odds as the recent performance may have been off in live race training on a different surface than accustomed to and the result can be a handsome payday for the barn!
                Note: if one examines the horse having run over surfaces at least three times it will indicate if the horse likes the surface or not based on performance.
                B. Horses for Courses:  Oddly many horses prefer certain racetracks!  They perform at optimum levels at certain tracks and poorly at others.  Why?  Various reasons… there may be a muse involved at the preferred track or it could be the surface.  Just as humans have preferences for certain areas so do horses for whatever reason.  
                The alert “punter” watches for the return of a horse back to it’s favorite track.  The performance at other tracks may have been poor but now the horse is returning back to a track that it likes and runs well at.

The “punter” learns to pick their spots in a racing card based on the data they have devoured!   When goes to the races one will quickly observe in the clubhouse or grandstands “punters” pouring over the racing program.  What are they looking for?  With keen eyes they are looking for information hidden in plain sight which may point them towards a profitable play (wager) of the day or within a race.  They are looking for owner and trainer moves which indicate that the horse being entered has a very good shot at winning the race.

Let’s examine some “moves”.

A. Switching Surfaces:  Often called Turf to Dirt or Dirt to Turf.  Turf =Grass!  Grass is a softer surface than the dirt surfaces of many tracks and is kinder to the horse due to the softness of it’s surface and grass also serves to strengthen the horse.  If a horse has been racing on turf and is switched to dirt against competition that has been slaving away on the dirt that horse may have the advantage over the competitors.The same applies when a horse has been running on dirt and has now been switched to turf as turf may have been the comfort zone of the horse and the stats will reveal what surfaces the horse has run on and may have a preference for.  The owner and trainer have conditioned the horse for the race and they anticipate the horse to enter at better odds as the recent performance may have been off in live race training on a different surface than accustomed to and the result can be a handsome payday for the barn!Note: if one examines the horse having run over surfaces at least three times it will indicate if the horse likes the surface or not based on performance.

B. Horses for Courses:  Oddly many horses prefer certain racetracks!  They perform at optimum levels at certain tracks and poorly at others.  Why?  Various reasons… there may be a muse involved at the preferred track or it could be the surface.  Just as humans have preferences for certain areas so do horses for whatever reason.  The alert “punter” watches for the return of a horse back to it’s favorite track.  The performance at other tracks may have been poor but now the horse is returning back to a track that it likes and runs well at.

"Quite often, more is less!"

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
                  LAS VEGAS
                  United States
                  Member #47729
                  November 22, 2006
                  4498 Posts
                  Posted: November 6, 2009, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

Welcome Back Cypher,

I for one appreciate the time and effort put into the revealing Part 1of the 101 handicapping seminar.

You are indeed well versed, well rehearsed, and deeply immersed in the Sport of Kings of knowledge Wink

Best of best for continued success

EddessaKnight Sun Smiley

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: November 6, 2009, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

I've been gambling playing horses dogs and lottery since 1962 and am still learning new stuff everyday.."Punter" is a new one to me..Kep'em coming..

Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #49980
                      February 21, 2007
                      34138 Posts
                      Posted: November 7, 2009, 12:49 am - IP Logged
                      The “punter” learns to pick their spots in a racing card based on the data they have devoured!
                      When goes to the races one will quickly observe in the clubhouse or grandstands “punters” pouring over the racing program.  What are they looking for?  With keen eyes they are looking for information hidden in plain sight which may point them towards a profitable play (wager) of the day or within a race.  They are looking for owner and trainer moves which indicate that the horse being entered has a very good shot at winning the race.  Let’s examine some “moves”.
                      A. Switching Surfaces:  Often called Turf to Dirt or Dirt to Turf.  Turf =Grass!  Grass is a softer surface than the dirt surfaces of many tracks and is kinder to the horse due to the softness of it’s surface and grass also serves to strengthen the horse.  If a horse has been racing on turf and is switched to dirt against competition that has been slaving away on the dirt that horse may have the advantage over the competitors.
                      The same applies when a horse has been running on dirt and has now been switched to turf as turf may have been the comfort zone of the horse and the stats will reveal what surfaces the horse has run on and may have a preference for.  
                      The owner and trainer have conditioned the horse for the race and they anticipate the horse to enter at better odds as the recent performance may have been off in live race training on a different surface than accustomed to and the result can be a handsome payday for the barn!
                      Note: if one examines the horse having run over surfaces at least three times it will indicate if the horse likes the surface or not based on performance.
                      B. Horses for Courses:  Oddly many horses prefer certain racetracks!  They perform at optimum levels at certain tracks and poorly at others.  Why?  Various reasons… there may be a muse involved at the preferred track or it could be the surface.  Just as humans have preferences for certain areas so do horses for whatever reason.  
                      The alert “punter” watches for the return of a horse back to it’s favorite track.  The performance at other tracks may have been poor but now the horse is returning back to a track that it likes and runs well at.

The “punter” learns to pick their spots in a racing card based on the data they have devoured!   When goes to the races one will quickly observe in the clubhouse or grandstands “punters” pouring over the racing program.  What are they looking for?  With keen eyes they are looking for information hidden in plain sight which may point them towards a profitable play (wager) of the day or within a race.  They are looking for owner and trainer moves which indicate that the horse being entered has a very good shot at winning the race.

A. Switching Surfaces:  Often called Turf to Dirt or Dirt to Turf.  Turf =Grass!  Grass is a softer surface than the dirt surfaces of many tracks and is kinder to the horse due to the softness of it’s surface and grass also serves to strengthen the horse.  If a horse has been racing on turf and is switched to dirt against competition that has been slaving away on the dirt that horse may have the advantage over the competitors.The same applies when a horse has been running on dirt and has now been switched to turf as turf may have been the comfort zone of the horse and the stats will reveal what surfaces the horse has run on and may have a preference for.  The owner and trainer have conditioned the horse for the race and they anticipate the horse to enter at better odds as the recent performance may have been off in live race training on a different surface than accustomed to and the result can be a handsome payday for the barn!Note: if one examines the horse having run over surfaces at least three times it will indicate if the horse likes the surface or not based on performance.

B. Horses for Courses:  Oddly many horses prefer certain racetracks!  They perform at optimum levels at certain tracks and poorly at others.  Why?  Various reasons… there may be a muse involved at the preferred track or it could be the surface.  Just as humans have preferences for certain areas so do horses for whatever reason.  The alert “punter” watches for the return of a horse back to it’s favorite track.  The performance at other tracks may have been poor but now the horse is returning back to a track that it likes and runs well at.

What do you like for Saturaday? at Santa Anita, I was hoping they you would post some winners here. I hope you come back before I go ot to the Breeders Cup, I do trust your Judement. Thank you in advance!

Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #49980
                        February 21, 2007
                        34138 Posts
                        Posted: November 7, 2009, 10:39 am - IP Logged

What do you like for Saturaday? at Santa Anita, I was hoping they you would post some winners here. I hope you come back before I go ot to the Breeders Cup, I do trust your Judement. Thank you in advance!

Punder? I have to look that one up, But I think you mean, see whos betting what in the Clubhouse and just keep eyes and hears Open?  I have did that too, Once I went to the track and these two Guys were coming it to the Track, to play a big Race Keenland as I recall, they both had a bank roll on them coming into the Track, I knew they were on to something, I was right behind them, I heard one Guy telling the other guy what are you going to bet. So I ask both of them, I see you all are going to bet good, Who's the winner? they told me and I cleaned up, I must of left the track with over $500.00 I could of put more money on the Horses, but I just followed my first mind.

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: November 7, 2009, 10:47 am - IP Logged

SMART Marcie..Good luck today..Heading out..

Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #49980
                            February 21, 2007
                            34138 Posts
                            Posted: November 7, 2009, 10:51 am - IP Logged

SMART Marcie..Good luck today..Heading out..

Thanks I feel lucky, Don't know what to play but, I will keep my eyes and hears open!  I will wait till about 3:00pm, to go, in Ca. it will be 12:pm. So I will be there when they start. Good Luck to you!!

cypher's avatar - shapes swish.jpg

United States
                              Member #80204
                              September 18, 2009
                              35 Posts
                              Posted: November 10, 2009, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Handicapping 101 (Part 2)

C. Work Outs:  Be mindful of the work outs that a horse engages in relating to speed and distance...especially recent ones.  If there is a bullet by the workout it indicates that it was one of the faster work outs of the day.  Also, take note if the work out indicates "handily or breezing".  Handily means the jockey had to coerce the horse to run and breezing means that the horse ran under it's own volition with little or no input from the jock.  First time starters should have at least 12 workouts.  Be extra alert for the "bullet" indicating a fast workout for a horse that has never showed a history of fast workouts.

D. Switching Distances:  Do not confuse changing distance with switching distance.  Changing distance examples are a horse ran six furlongs the last start and today it is entered into a route race or vice versa.  Switching distance would be indicated by the next to last race having been a sprint and the last race was a route and today the horse has been entered into a sprint race...this move can also be in reverse.  The purpose of the switch is to increase the stamina of the horse especially in a sprint-route-sprint angle...in the route-sprint-route scenario the angle is to sharpen the speed of the router.  Look for horses in this combination angle coming back to race within 14 days.  If the return to race is longer than 14 days check that the horse has had recent work outs to keep them sharp.

"Quite often, more is less!"