Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto Maxims

Topic closed. 233 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 16 of 16
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: May 16, 2011, 1:37 am - IP Logged

The desire for a system to beat the lottery is so strong that a system seller could tell people they just put together a bunch of statistics with no real method to them and some people would swear they had success with it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: June 11, 2011, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

No system has ever been proven to produce consistent winners against a jackpot game.

System after system has failed.

Yet people swear by them.

That is what sells systems.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: July 4, 2011, 2:47 am - IP Logged

People who buy systems that turned out to be worthless break down into two camps.

Those who admit they are worthless and consider it money blown.

Those who insist it will work someday. It is this latter group that the system sellers vie for.

Lep

United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10351 Posts
        Posted: July 21, 2011, 2:35 am - IP Logged

Lotto plyers will talk about a set of numbers not played that comes in just as if they had played them for real.

Lep

United States
          Member #81843
          October 31, 2009
          856 Posts
          Posted: July 21, 2011, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Quick Pickers only dream of performance and the only performance they can measure is their own BAD LUCK ( and a bag of sour grapes).

DD

United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10351 Posts
            Posted: July 22, 2011, 2:02 am - IP Logged

Players who play jackpot games are hoping to make a life changing score.

Players who go heavy on Pick 3 are willing to play a lot more money to win a lot less money.

Lep

United States
              Member #81843
              October 31, 2009
              856 Posts
              Posted: July 22, 2011, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Players who play jackpot games are hoping to make a life changing score.

Players who go heavy on Pick 3 are willing to play a lot more money to win a lot less money.

You need a life change.

I hope you win a big jackpot so you can afford the surgery and a new wardrobe.

Me, I am happy knowing I beat the odds with the odds in pick 3 and a steady win ratio is better than a losing streak any day of the
              year. I don't need a life change because I have a life.

DD

glad to know you still follow my posts, darling.

Oh, look! Gold topped $1,600/OZ. Time for a little treat. I think I will go to the Adler for a show and then see the museum again, first class. Meet me at the swinging clock at noon for lunch next Monday? I'll buy you a corn dog and a pepsi.

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: July 23, 2011, 2:23 am - IP Logged

As jackpots grow, so does the fever.

With each record jackpot that gets hit, it takes a higher threshold for the fever to kick in.

$50 million used to be big news, now, not so much.

Lep

United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10351 Posts
                  Posted: July 29, 2011, 10:20 am - IP Logged

No matter how much you like any set of numbers you must admit to yourself that they may never come in.

Lep

Page 16 of 16