Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 7:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which is your game of choice?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 7 years ago by cheryl59.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Which game do you concentrate the most time and money on?

Powerball and/or Mega Millions [ 17 ]  [17.53%]
Pick 6 [ 6 ]  [6.19%]
Pick 5 [ 18 ]  [18.56%]
Pick 4 [ 8 ]  [8.25%]
Pick 3 [ 37 ]  [38.14%]
Scratchers [ 4 ]  [4.12%]
All of them fairly equally [ 7 ]  [7.22%]
Total Valid Votes [ 97 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: October 28, 2009, 10:39 am - IP Logged

I make minimum buys in PB with Powerplay and MM just to be in it with those odds.

I have a little more faith in and invest a little more in Pick 5's.

Pick 3's and 4's on occasion and a scratcher every once in a while.

I would guess Pick 3 would be the most popular but would like to see how many prefer the other games.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: October 28, 2009, 10:57 am - IP Logged

I chose p-3. I'll play about 5 bucks a week on it.

I play about 3 bucks a week on Fantasy five here in Florida.

Maybe a buck on PB once every 2 weeks. The odds are rediculous, so if I win I'll just need one ticket. Buying a hundred dollars on a game which has 195 million possible outcomes won't make a difference.

I have this debate about winners at work all the time, with the same folks...unbelievable....

They keep telling me that some one wins just about every draw so that's why they buy so many tickets every week. But what I keep telling them is that there are tens of millions of losing tickets for that one person to win.

Don't get me wrong, I try to keep positive, but at some point reality and the true odds have to be taken in to account. And you'd think my friends at work would NOT keep using that same defense over and over again everytime the issue of lottery comes up. You'd think ! 

Bang Head

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: October 28, 2009, 11:17 am - IP Logged

I chose p-3. I'll play about 5 bucks a week on it.

I play about 3 bucks a week on Fantasy five here in Florida.

Maybe a buck on PB once every 2 weeks. The odds are rediculous, so if I win I'll just need one ticket. Buying a hundred dollars on a game which has 195 million possible outcomes won't make a difference.

I have this debate about winners at work all the time, with the same folks...unbelievable....

They keep telling me that some one wins just about every draw so that's why they buy so many tickets every week. But what I keep telling them is that there are tens of millions of losing tickets for that one person to win.

Don't get me wrong, I try to keep positive, but at some point reality and the true odds have to be taken in to account. And you'd think my friends at work would NOT keep using that same defense over and over again everytime the issue of lottery comes up. You'd think ! 

Bang Head

Yeah, I hear ya Joker, 

The ones that bother me the most though are the ones who tell you how dumb it is to play the lottery at all.

The thing that really gets me though is when I know the real reason that they don't play is mainly because they're cheapskates.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: October 28, 2009, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

At the moment, I am focused on two, Pick 6 games and I throw in a couple of bucks at Powerball. I don't play Pick 3 and I don't play the new Pick 5 game that we have, because I don't like the low payout ($20,000) and the high set of numbers you have to choose from with such a low payout (1-36).

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10389 Posts
          Posted: October 28, 2009, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

My vote was Pick 5.

Sure I'd like to hit a MM, PB, or Pick 6 jackpot but like I"ve always said that's "a dollar and a dream".

Pick 5 is a dream too, but a person is way more likely in their lifetime to hit a Pick 5 than the others.

The current Illinois Pick 5, Little Lotto is a 5/39 with fixed prize amounts except for 5 for 5, which is progressive.

It used to be a 5/30 game with a fixed top prize( I think it was $200,000) and para-mutuel payoffs for 4 of 5 and 3 of 5. People wanted to get paid for 2 of 5, so the game changed and now they get <drum roll> $1 for 2 of 5.

Bang Head

Pick 3 and Pick 4 would be nice if hit constantly, but I don't know anyone doing that who isn't betting more than they win. And the payoffs are nice but not life-changing.

Illinois sued to have soemthing called Extra! on Pick 4 (maybe Pick 3 too, not sure). If you played and extra dollar it gave you another set of numbers on the ticket, and amounts. If your numbers matched any digit in order, you won that amount. I hit it for $100 once, all four matched the Extra! and added up to $100.That has been replaced by "Numbers Now" - they alll have to match - and every clerk I've asked has told me they have never paid anyone on Numbers Now. How's that for a RNG!

I used to think scratchers were nothing but sucker bets but I've seen more people win oin scratchers than anything else. Nothing spectacular, but they win something way mnore often than numbers games.

Whatever your game of choice is, Good Luck All!

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
            Dallas, TX
            United States
            Member #60284
            April 12, 2008
            3856 Posts
            Posted: October 29, 2009, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

I play them all within Texas. Except Fantasy 5. The prize is too small and does not rollover, not worth it to me.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
              Santa Ana
              United States
              Member #71159
              February 20, 2009
              651 Posts
              Posted: October 29, 2009, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

Once my Daily 3 Midday and Evening numbers finally hit--I will no longer play Pick 3 games--I will just play; Daily 4/Fantasy 5/SL & MM; along with a few new games which may come up in the future.Wink

Georgia
                United States
                Member #79361
                August 30, 2009
                93 Posts
                Posted: October 30, 2009, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

As someone else on here said.  I want to play what would be life changing.

Cash 3 or 4 would do much.

I play GA fantasy 5 as a win would pay off a few debts.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10389 Posts
                  Posted: October 31, 2009, 2:51 am - IP Logged

Just as an FYI for this discussion, Mega Millions and Powerball hit about 12 to 15 times a year (from their own info.) That's for games with two drawings a week.

For a state lottery, using Illinois as an example, the Pick 6 game, Lotto, which is three times a week has been hit 9 times this year.

Little Lotto, the Pick 5 game played everyday, has been hit 129 times as of Oct 30. Oct 30 was the 303rd day of the year, so the Pick five gets hit every 2.34 days.

I think that just bolsters the outlook that a Pick 5 game is something you may actually hit.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Charlotte North Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #81017
                    October 9, 2009
                    7 Posts
                    Posted: October 31, 2009, 2:58 am - IP Logged

cash 5 because of odds. sometimes PB maybe $1  but i prefer cash 5.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19894 Posts
                      Posted: November 1, 2009, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

I prefer MegaMillions because it's local and only has two drawings per week.  For entertainment I like tracking past drawing results and detecting trends that might indicate numbers in future drawings and with a couple of days between drawings I have time to do that.  Buying QPs and hoping to get lucky isn't as entertaining.  Sometimes when their jackpots are high, I'll try Rolling Cash5 or Classic Lotto but usually playing MM is plenty of entertainment for me.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: November 2, 2009, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

You don't have the Ky "Win For Life" or "3 Line Lotto" wich to me is the best..Odds are better then the PB or MM but still the best in my opinon..

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
                          Illinois
                          United States
                          Member #82001
                          November 3, 2009
                          890 Posts
                          Posted: November 3, 2009, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Pick 5 all the way. The IL little lotto jackpot is just sick because it's progressive. It get up to a million about once a year and that equal to some state pick 6 jackpot.

United Kingdom
                            Member #57145
                            December 19, 2007
                            31 Posts
                            Posted: November 4, 2009, 7:48 am - IP Logged

Pick 6 and EuroMillions

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5142 Posts
                              Posted: November 5, 2009, 8:01 pm - IP Logged