Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which is your game of choice?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 7 years ago by cheryl59.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Which game do you concentrate the most time and money on?

Powerball and/or Mega Millions [ 17 ]  [17.53%]
Pick 6 [ 6 ]  [6.19%]
Pick 5 [ 18 ]  [18.56%]
Pick 4 [ 8 ]  [8.25%]
Pick 3 [ 37 ]  [38.14%]
Scratchers [ 4 ]  [4.12%]
All of them fairly equally [ 7 ]  [7.22%]
Total Valid Votes [ 97 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5123 Posts
Posted: November 8, 2009, 2:39 am - IP Logged

ALL>>>JACKPOT>>>game'$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!

"thank's">>>>>>>>>LOTTERY POST$$$$!!!!

Psykomo

gee>>>people>>>"U" know u want>>"it">>o!o

gee<<<people<<<"U" refuse a "JACKPOT"$!

ok>>>"PEOPLE"<"U" win NODA<<<<<<<!!!!!!!!

if that's whatcha want>TOYATO>>>>>!!!!!!!!

"U">>>>>>GOT>>>>>>>IT>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!

no JACKPOT<<<<<<<<<4<<UUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with stupidBedJack-in-the-BoxBedCoffeeLeavingLeavingLeavingLurkingIdeaHiding Behind ComputerChairSulk Off

Milwaukee, WI
    United States
    Member #3131
    December 27, 2003
    665 Posts
    Posted: November 8, 2009, 3:50 am - IP Logged

First it will be a game that will provide a jackpot which will really make my day or change my life.

So it is NOT P3 or P4.....

So from there I play it like a business decision.

I play all the big ones from $10K+

I use the imperfect but practical formula by dividing the cash payout / the odds, the bigger the number the better.

A spreadsheet makes it very easy.  I use  openoffice.org ,  it is free and works very well...

Oh, the hottest game in the Wis/Illinois area is now Illinois Lotto with a score of 0.756

Little Lotto  .391

Mega Millions  .273

Powerball  .246

Wis Supercash  .215

Wis Badger 5 .177

Wis Megabucks  .157

But then also I look at how easy it is to win. Although Little Lotto is 2nd @ .391, $225,000 would really affect my life and the odds are 17 times better that #1 Lotto.  And that first $225,000 of little Lotto will affect me much more than the next 5 Million of lotto...

MarkP

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10353 Posts
      Posted: November 8, 2009, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

markp1950

Illinois Little Lotto is drawn everyday. Today, Nov 8. is the 312th day of the year and there have been 130 jackpots hit, so the game gets hit about every 2.4 days.

Lotto is drawn three times a week. There are eight weeks left in this year. The Lotto jackpot has been hit 9 times. So three drawings a week, X 44 weeks = 132 drawings (approximately, not sure what the first day of the year was as far as day of the week).

Going by that, the Lotto gets hit about once every 14.6 drawings. Pretty infrequently, and the prizes for 5 of 6 and 4 of 6 are relative chump change. Also, the prize progression with each rollover is nothing to brag about.

Just my opinion, but I think you'd have to factor something like this in before calling the Illinois Lotto one of the "hottest" games. Just goes to show how statistics can be manipulated.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6290 Posts
        Posted: November 12, 2009, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

I agree with one of the other post I only play games that are life changing, and seeing that I am in Oklahoma and our scratchers are not the best, that leaves me with Powerball. Unless I drive to Texas or Kansas to play their State lottery game or Texas scratchers.

Milwaukee, WI
          United States
          Member #3131
          December 27, 2003
          665 Posts
          Posted: November 13, 2009, 6:46 am - IP Logged

> but I think you'd have to factor something like this in before calling the

>Illinois Lotto one of the "hottest" games. Just goes to show how statistics can be manipulated.

This is how I explain it.

Right now the cash payout for Illinois Lotto is about 8,400,000 before taxes with about 1 in 10,000,000 odds....

Cash payout for Mega Millions is now 7,500,000 with odds of 1 in 175,000,000 or about 17.5 times harder to win... (175,000,000/10,000,000)

Factoring in the bigger jackpot FOR NOW,  Illinois lotto is 19x better....

This can change by day to day.  When Lotto gets back to 2,000,000 and Mega millions is 200,000,000 it is somewhat different.

But you still have to factor in that to have an equal chance for a jackpot, you would have to buy 17 mega millions tickets to 1 lotto ticket.

And that first  2,000,0000 is the most important.  :-)

Meg Millions jackpot has not been hit in Illinois for YEARS!

But real hot for tonight is little lotto,  325,000 at 575,575 odds.

325,000 IS really life changing.

MarkP

United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10353 Posts
            Posted: November 13, 2009, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

markp1950,

Sounds good, and with the MM at the start point you've got a point.

But, consider MM 5 + 0 = $250,000. In the Illinois Lotto 5 0f 6 is relatively chump change.

That's part of the draw of 5 + 0 games. Gefore the Big Game, which became Mega Millions, the state lotto jackpots got pretty pumped up. When the printer in Chicago hit it the jackpot was $43,000,000. That was then.

Also, the Illinois Lotto has only been hit 9 times this year, and that's at three draws a week, with seven weeks left in the year.

Here's 5 of 6 and 4 of 6 payouts on a night no one hit the jackpot:

LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR MONDAY, JUNE 08, 2009

WINNING NUMBERS: 06 - 07 - 12 - 22 - 30 - 32

PLAYERS MATCHING 6 OF 6 NUMBERS
            INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS 0
            EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE $0.00

PLAYERS MATCHING 5 OF 6 NUMBERS 23
            EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE $705.50

PLAYERS MATCHING 4 OF 6 NUMBERS 1,229
            EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE $24.00

Some years ago I hit 5 of 6 in California and the payout was $2002. Not life chaning but certainly better than these payouts.

You also said, "But you still have to factor in that to have an equal chance for ajackpot, you would have to buy 17 mega millions tickets to 1 lottoticket."

Each ticker is an independent shot at beating the game. No matter how many tickets are played, the most common result for each one is going to be hitting 0, 1, or 2 numbers, which pays nothing.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Milwaukee, WI
              United States
              Member #3131
              December 27, 2003
              665 Posts
              Posted: November 14, 2009, 6:50 am - IP Logged

>But, consider MM 5 + 0 = $250,000. In the Illinois Lotto 5 0f 6 is relatively chump change.

For the second prize on MM.

1 in 3,904,701  for $250,000

VS

1 in 36,881  for Illinois Lotto 2nd prize  or 105 times easier to win (I made $1,590)

Which makes probably a slight edge for MM.

In wisconsin we have Supercash 1 in 1,631,312  for $350,000 for top level.....

Which makes Wis supercash level 1 3.35 times better than Mega millions level 2 but then you are not entered into a super prize either which helps MM.

Odds and Cash amount  are more important than number of winners or prize levels....

That is one reason that I enter prizes into my spreadsheet daily.

I think I will enter a couple of 2nd levels into my spreadsheet. But 2nd levels are less important to me.

Sooooo complicated!   :-)

5 in the morning and finally they found no winner for MM last night. It took all night!

Lucky/unlucky winners in little lotto last night. They don't post little lotto results until MM becomes offficial.

Well, they went to bed thinking that they won $415,000, only to find that there were 5 winners. So instead of winning $415,000 they won $83,333......

I'd be happier with $415K, but $83K would make me happy too!

MarkP

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10353 Posts
                Posted: November 16, 2009, 12:58 am - IP Logged

markp1950,

Yeah, five winners, three were pllayer's picks and two were quick picks.

Two of the winners were played at big grocery chains, a Kroger and a Schnucks, kind of rare.

That drawing proved a couple of things, one is that once a terminal issues a set of numbers on a QP that set of numbers is not used up, as some believe, meaning throughout the state that swt is only issued once.

Another thing was proof that no matter how many calculations someone may go through to pick their own numbers, their numbers could very well be someone else's quick pick.

The five who hit must have had mixed emptions, like you said, $83,333 as opposed to $415,000. Still, nice to have the $83K.

Lep

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  CA
                  United States
                  Member #57222
                  December 23, 2007
                  587 Posts
                  Posted: November 19, 2009, 9:13 am - IP Logged

My favorite by FAR is Fantasy Five.  I use a single set of a  quick pick I found about  a year ago and hit on it all the time. replay at least twice a week,  three out of five a few times and  I actually  hit four out of five once ( boy what a great day that was)  Even though I play a set of Super Lotto plus regularly,  I have extremely strong feelings  for that fantasy five set I use.  I only play a single Mega MIllion every blue moon.  I (kinda) joke that Mega Millions hate me  because I have yet to get one number so it will only be one of those last minute impulse "oh and give me a single mega million QP" kind of purchases.  But I would love to eat my words when fate steps in and lets me win the 100 million from one of those impulses.  I AM SOOOOOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO POWERBALL COMING TO CALIFORNIA!   I love reading about powerball winner stories.

unseen's avatar - 4eyes
                    louisville, Ky
                    United States
                    Member #4928
                    June 3, 2004
                    142 Posts
                    Posted: November 20, 2009, 6:43 am - IP Logged

pick 3 is my favorite.  I only play PB when there's a pool going around at work.  I just don't like playing games with lightning strike odds.  LOL!!  I gave up on it years back.  When we were able to play online smoothly I was winning monthly on pick 3 anywhere from 225 to 900.

South Florida
                      United States
                      Member #82132
                      November 6, 2009
                      112 Posts
                      Posted: November 20, 2009, 10:28 am - IP Logged

I am very surprised to see that the results of this poll are currently showing that the pick 5 game is a close second on here to pick 3. Judging by the forum activity among the pick 3, pick 4, and pick 5 forums, I would have assumed that pick 5 would not be as popular. But if there are really this many people who concentrate on pick 5, why is it that the pick 5 forum is, for the most part, very inactive compared to the pick 3 and pick 4 forums?

I have not been having much luck with pick 5 myself, which I play every other day, if not more (there's a drawing every single day down here), for the past several weeks, and was considering moving to our pick 4 game, which offers a $5,000 jackpot. 1:10,000 odds are certainly better than the 1:376,992 I'm currently fighting against with pick 5/36. Plus, even the smaller prizes in the pick 4 are far better than the smaller prizes on our pick 5. The lesser prizes on the pick 4 game are also much better than the ones they have for pick 5.

The thing that has kept me going with pick 5 is that there's almost always a winner every night. Also, as far as jackpots are concerened, I really do need a $50k+ prize in order to get myself back on my feet, which was another reason why I have been spending so much time on pick 5.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                        CA
                        United States
                        Member #57222
                        December 23, 2007
                        587 Posts
                        Posted: November 20, 2009, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

At the moment, I am focused on two, Pick 6 games and I throw in a couple of bucks at Powerball. I don't play Pick 3 and I don't play the new Pick 5 game that we have, because I don't like the low payout ($20,000) and the high set of numbers you have to choose from with such a low payout (1-36).

$20K for a   Pick 5?   adn 1-36? Thats simply cold.--- And I thought California was stingy with the payouts.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                          Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          40564 Posts
                          Posted: November 20, 2009, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

the michigan raffle games are good they only sell a set number of tickets. right now they got the million dollar raffle with 6  top prizes of a million plus a bunch of smaller prizes with only 600 thousand tickets being sold i like those odds.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10353 Posts
                            Posted: November 20, 2009, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

revoceryroad,

"The thing that has kept me going with pick 5 is that there's almostalways a winner every night. Also, as far as jackpots are concerened, Ireally do need a $50k+ prize in order to get myself back on my feet,which was another reason why I have been spending so much time onpick 5."

That is a very good argument for playing the Pick 5.

"But if there are really this many people who concentrate on pick 5,why is it that the pick 5 forum is, for the most part, very inactivecompared to the pick 3 and pick 4 forums?"

Pick 3 and Pick 4 are like roulette, they attract a lot of system players.

As for jackpot games, Pick 5 doesn't get the attention that Pick 6 and 5 + 1 games do as players tend to be jackpot chasers.

Also, judging forums by threads and posts can be a little deceiving. The Mystical Forum gets many more posts than the Mathematical Forum, but most of them are requests for dream numbers.

Sure, we all want to hit a big jackpot, but in reality in one's lifetime are you much more likely to actually hit a Pick 5 than a Pick 6 or PB or MM.

Lep

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                              Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #56506
                              November 21, 2007
                              6537 Posts
                              Posted: November 21, 2009, 12:05 am - IP Logged

$20K for a   Pick 5?   adn 1-36? Thats simply cold.--- And I thought California was stingy with the payouts.

I know right? I was really excited, to finally get a Pick 5 game and it was one huge disappointment in so many ways. Oh well, I guess I will be sticking with Powerball and Mega Millions (when we get it). And hopefully, I will be able to start playing Pick 4, if the online bill is passed.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."