Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wierd Question

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jwhou.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Lkydeb*594's avatar - yummyxmascat
Luv Vtracs 8-)

United States
Member #38062
April 23, 2006
12577 Posts
Posted: November 11, 2009, 7:40 am - IP Logged

I have absolutely no idea what you just posted.  Do you always post like that, can you write it out so i can read it lol.

Don't let  Psykomo freak u out. He writes like that all the time. Not a bad guy, just funny at times.    Anyway,   To the Lottery Post!

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7302 Posts
    Posted: November 11, 2009, 7:47 am - IP Logged

It's a scam, don't you see?

He's gonna sell the losing tickets on the black market for twice the price.

Don't fall for it folks.

Hey, you promised you wouldn't tell anyone about me buying Utah lottery tickets.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7302 Posts
      Posted: November 11, 2009, 7:57 am - IP Logged

C'mon joker17, give gobills a break. He already said, he just wants a losing ticket from a few states. I doubt very much, anyone would be able to scam someone with an already scratched, losing ticket.

I think Joker is on to something because every time I buy a scratch-off in another state, it's a a losing ticket and most of the scratch-offs I buy in my own state are losers.

Do you think there is a conspiracy?

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49686 Posts
        Posted: November 11, 2009, 9:08 am - IP Logged

I think Joker is on to something because every time I buy a scratch-off in another state, it's a a losing ticket and most of the scratch-offs I buy in my own state are losers.

Do you think there is a conspiracy?

Weird: Suggestive of ghosts, evil spirits or things supernatural; mysterious; unearthly! LOL!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23260 Posts
          Posted: November 11, 2009, 9:24 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Instant ("Scratch-Off") Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #74096
            May 2, 2009
            22872 Posts
            Posted: November 11, 2009, 10:08 am - IP Logged

Maybe he's going to make losers, winners........Eek

Maybe he is hoping someone will make a mistake and send a fresh, new, unscratched ticket....Clown

Maybe there's some contest in his area that requires losing allstates lottery tickets as entries....Blue Thinking

Maybe he can turn them in for cash somewhere.....Confused

Maybe he's collecting what's on the tickets....like your fingerprints....LOL

I don't see anything wrong with a request like that...as long as you don't write your return address on the

envelope, lick a stamp (DNA you know..) or horror of horrors...SIGN your ticket!

Really!! Poster, I'm sure you'll get what you need. I think some people worry a bit too much. That is okay

though because I think someone, somewhere, at sometime said something about...erring on the side of

caution.....another someone said: better safe than sorry. In the world today, it is best to use caution for

certain things...I don't think this is one of them.

Canandaigua, NY
              United States
              Member #82302
              November 10, 2009
              24 Posts
              Posted: November 11, 2009, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Maybe he's going to make losers, winners........Eek

Maybe he is hoping someone will make a mistake and send a fresh, new, unscratched ticket....Clown

Maybe there's some contest in his area that requires losing allstates lottery tickets as entries....Blue Thinking

Maybe he can turn them in for cash somewhere.....Confused

Maybe he's collecting what's on the tickets....like your fingerprints....LOL

I don't see anything wrong with a request like that...as long as you don't write your return address on the

envelope, lick a stamp (DNA you know..) or horror of horrors...SIGN your ticket!

Really!! Poster, I'm sure you'll get what you need. I think some people worry a bit too much. That is okay

though because I think someone, somewhere, at sometime said something about...erring on the side of

caution.....another someone said: better safe than sorry. In the world today, it is best to use caution for

certain things...I don't think this is one of them.

Thank you someone knows that these are just soveniors.  Say you some how give me a winner  I will send it back.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                Santa Ana
                United States
                Member #71159
                February 20, 2009
                651 Posts
                Posted: November 12, 2009, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

Thank you someone knows that these are just soveniors.  Say you some how give me a winner  I will send it back.

Come on, if one of the "losing" scratchers you receive as souvenir end up being a "winning" ticket; would you really send it back???  Would it depend on the dollar amount of the ticket?  Sometimes people in a hurry don't really check their scratcher tickets properly and throw them away or trash it; then it is found by another person who redeems it.  I guess in a case like this, it would be like finding "lost" money.  Anyway, it seems several people at the LP feel it is no problem with sending losing tickets out of state--Good Luck.

Mass
                  United States
                  Member #68073
                  December 12, 2008
                  217 Posts
                  Posted: November 16, 2009, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

I'll send you a losing ticket from Mass if you send me a losing one from your state. PM me what value ticket you are looking for or look on the Mass Lottery website and pick one. I would also be willing to send you an unscratched ticket from Mass if you send an equal-value ticket from your state back to me. I always save losing tix when I travel. Was recently in New Orleans and picked up a few.

Canandaigua, NY
                    United States
                    Member #82302
                    November 10, 2009
                    24 Posts
                    Posted: November 16, 2009, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Thanks  i sent you a PM.  I forgot to add in my PM, I have tickets in NY from $1 to $10 You can go on there site and see which ones you want.  I just need (New Hampshire, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida)

United States
                      Member #82984
                      November 26, 2009
                      3 Posts
                      Posted: November 26, 2009, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

thats a pretty cool idea :) i think im gonna start collection from other states. just to have them

Canandaigua, NY
                        United States
                        Member #82302
                        November 10, 2009
                        24 Posts
                        Posted: November 26, 2009, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

thats a pretty cool idea :) i think im gonna start collection from other states. just to have them

I can send you one from New York and you could send me one from Maryland since I need Maryland.

cosmotravis's avatar - f ssr.jpg

United States
                          Member #65357
                          September 25, 2008
                          96 Posts
                          Posted: December 10, 2009, 1:37 am - IP Logged

is this what the kids are doing now +++++++++++++++++++++++++instead of collecting football cards?

probably more valueable.  &&&&&&&&&&&&&&**************---------------------------------------------------- haha

illinois here and ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i dont' do scatchers.  gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

(((((((((good luck on your collection))))))))))))))))

United States
                            Member #83701
                            December 13, 2009
                            225 Posts
                            Posted: December 22, 2009, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

is this what the kids are doing now +++++++++++++++++++++++++instead of collecting football cards?

probably more valueable.  &&&&&&&&&&&&&&**************---------------------------------------------------- haha

illinois here and ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i dont' do scatchers.  gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

(((((((((good luck on your collection))))))))))))))))

The losing tickets are actually quite handy to hang onto.    When you do win a larger prize, you receive a W-2G form on it so you are required to report your winnings on the income taxes but if you have losing tickets totaling the value of that prize, you can claim back the taxes, unfortunately you can never claim back more than you've won so the tax rules only benefits the winners.   There's actually a market on ebay for losing tickets because of collectors and because of winners desperate to save on their taxes.    Think about it, if you won a million dollars of which $250,000 was with held for taxes but you could purchase $250,000 worth of losing tickets on ebay for $50,000 and claim back your $250,000, wouldn't you do it?   There are people who go store to store collecting the tickets from the trash to sell on ebay.

There's also a market for unscratched tickets preferably in intact rolls even well after they've expired and the prizes can no longer be claimed, these are obviously for collectors.

Canandaigua, NY
                              United States
                              Member #82302
                              November 10, 2009
                              24 Posts
                              Posted: December 22, 2009, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

I am not doing that,  How much would one sell for lol.  I would only want one from every state that I have been to .   But I see why people take the tickets from the trash at the grocery store I work at.