Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio New Years Raffle Starts November 20th!

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Todd.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
LotteryGuy's avatar - mrthumbs
Ohio
United States
Member #74411
May 10, 2009
71 Posts
Posted: December 29, 2009, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

The bad thing for me if I win smaller prizes is to drive all the way back just to claim a hundred dollar and what are the odds that someone will actually have some cash to pay me $500. I never won that much so don't know how to collect. May have to take my winnings in beef jerky and scratchers...LOL

I completely understand what you're saying because when I first viewed the prize tiers this year, I was kind of taken back a bit.  There are 4 One Million Dollar prizes, which of course is more than well worth winning but then I thought, ok, the $10,000 prizes are worth winning and like someone posted earlier (not life changing) but worth the effort but the other prizes are hardly worth even trying, even the $1,500 prizes (after taxes).  I mean you could buy a new TV and a couple of other little things but nothing to write home about.  At any rate, I understand where you're coming from and I honestly believe that's why they haven't sold out yet.

When they took that survey this summer about how people would like the prize tiers to be, I didn't imagine they would have such smaller tier prizes but when they actually came out with what you could win, I eventually just gave in because I had already saved up the money to buy the tickets in advance so I thought, well, it's worth a shot!  No harm in trying, other than losing my money but that's what I put it back, specifically for this purpose.  We'll see how it goes!  If you do decide to play, I wish you the best luck in the world!  Wouldn't it be great to come back and say "Hey I won 1 million dollars!  OR I won $10,000 dollars?"  Anything below the $10,000, well, if you gain your money back and then some, then you can toot a "small" horn!  LOL!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

Ohio
    United States
    Member #74411
    May 10, 2009
    71 Posts
    Posted: December 29, 2009, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Oh, one more thing....here is the prize tier levels:

• 4 - $1 million prizes (Odds: 1 in 125,000)
    • 10 - $10,000 prizes (Odds: 1 in 50,000)
    • 120 - $1,500 prizes (Odds: 1 in 4,167)
    • 1000 - $500 prizes ( Odds: 1 in 500)
    • 2,200 - $100 prizes (Odds: 1 in 227)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
      Ohio
      United States
      Member #49980
      February 21, 2007
      34192 Posts
      Posted: December 30, 2009, 11:13 am - IP Logged

I din't know you posted this, I posted this earlier, I don't think that It is enough money. They should give more money than that you spend $20.00 way to much I'd  say. I would rather take my dollar and buy the Mega million. you get more. Spending only a dollar. Not for me, Mega Million Baby! only $1.00

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Dayton, OH
        United States
        Member #84518
        December 30, 2009
        4 Posts
        Posted: December 30, 2009, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

I have 4 tickets.  I am HOPING they dont sell them all!  Better chances for us!

Esther

Dayton, OH
          United States
          Member #84518
          December 30, 2009
          4 Posts
          Posted: December 30, 2009, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Rowen, as far as cashing tickets worth $500 or less, your best bet is to go to a grocery like Krogers who sells tickets.  I have cashed $500 tickets there before with no problem at all.  Its the little carryouts that might not have enough money.  Over $500 and up to $5000 you just go to any retailer who sells the tickets, get a form filled out by them, take it to one of the banks that participate and they will cash it for you.  i have done that quite a few times.  Once I had 5 winning tickets worth $2500 each.  They gave me $5000 in cash but had to give the rest to me in a cashiers check. (no taxes taken out. Its up to you to claim the win on your taxes).

I have had one winner over $5000, and that was an instant ticket worth $50,000 ( about 12 years ago) and that one I had to take to a regional office.  They mailed me a check about 6 weeks later (less about 40% for taxes.)

Yea...I have had some lucky wins!!  I hope I have a million dollar winner for this drawing!!

You have something like 90 days to 6 months to cash the tickets I believe.

Esther

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
            Illinois
            United States
            Member #82001
            November 3, 2009
            890 Posts
            Posted: December 30, 2009, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Well I am driving down there tomorrow to pick up 5 tixs. Figure they will sell about 400,000 tickets and with 3334 possible winners then the overal odd of winning anything should be 1 out of 120 so I would have a somewhat "decent" chance to at least break even.  Although I am starting to like the idea of collecting the $500 in beef jerky and scratchers (there are some good $20 ones too). Find a McDonald somewhere and scratch my tixs while munching on some jerky and sweet tea. Hmm yummy

ohiopick3's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
              Ohio
              United States
              Member #3023
              December 14, 2003
              4166 Posts
              Posted: December 30, 2009, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

When I bought some other tickets tonight about 6:30 p.m.

The "Flash" sign above the lottery machine flashed "62% of the Raffle tickets were sold".

So that's about 310,000 at that time. But many people buy last minute.

So, I'm guessing they will sell about 400,000 plus as well.

Illinois
                United States
                Member #82001
                November 3, 2009
                890 Posts
                Posted: December 31, 2009, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

They are really selling fast. I got mine around lunchtime and it was already in the 360s. I am thinking it will actually come close to selling out.

Dayton, OH
                  United States
                  Member #84518
                  December 30, 2009
                  4 Posts
                  Posted: January 1, 2010, 8:42 am - IP Logged

good luck everyone!  Be sure to post if you won anything!  I only have 4 tickets so I am not holding my breath.

Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #74411
                    May 10, 2009
                    71 Posts
                    Posted: January 1, 2010, 11:14 am - IP Logged

good luck everyone!  Be sure to post if you won anything!  I only have 4 tickets so I am not holding my breath.

I know the odds are better for anyone who purchases more tickets but just remember it only takes one lucky number to win....so one of your 4 tickets may be one of the lucky ones!

I think this is so exciting!  I hope they do like they did last year on the OL website and just let you punch in your numbers and it automatically tells you whether you won anything or not, it certainly beats searching through all the numbers.

Good luck everyone!  Wink

Hurricane, WV
                      United States
                      Member #84656
                      January 1, 2010
                      3 Posts
                      Posted: January 1, 2010, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

My mom purchased #410159 last night at 7:30 pm.

Hurricane, WV
                        United States
                        Member #84656
                        January 1, 2010
                        3 Posts
                        Posted: January 1, 2010, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

I have two raffle tickets myself.

Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #74411
                          May 10, 2009
                          71 Posts
                          Posted: January 2, 2010, 7:50 am - IP Logged

Today is the big day!  Get those tickets ready!  Good luck everyone and Happy New Year!  Party

Illinois
                            United States
                            Member #82001
                            November 3, 2009
                            890 Posts
                            Posted: January 2, 2010, 10:20 am - IP Logged

Today is the big day!  Get those tickets ready!  Good luck everyone and Happy New Year!  Party

I can't wait. This is really exciting. Good luck everyone

"For those who are about to win, we salute you!"

Dayton, OH
                              United States
                              Member #84518
                              December 30, 2009
                              4 Posts
                              Posted: January 2, 2010, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Here are my numbers:

Now that I look at them, wish I had bought more!  No numbers from 250000 - 500000